It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been thinking about this for awhile.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Yeah it's been known for a while this is what the avg human life consists of;

Work a job you don't like
Be a consumer whore
Die, you might even get a final box.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i think it would be all right to livfe in the woods....for a while. Then you would miss the easy life, home comforts such as easy access to food, warm water, heat, shelter, ect. I think yes, our life has become boring and mundane, but then isn't life what you make of it? If fyou choose to do more things, take a risk, go places, livfe life, then life would be more about working 9 till 5 then watching a box. I know its not always possible, but even small changes could help, doing something different just once a week.

infact i might make that my goal. Once a week, do something i haven't done or not done in ages

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I guess it is nostalgic often to think of uncomplicated living.

Unfortunately, we as a species would have to evolve, to take on greater responsibilities with the gift of life. It doesn't mean that it would be so great that it becomes unbearable, just as our ancestors who roam the wilds freely wished for more secured and better way of life.

It lays in the balance of issues that we constantly have to deal with, as we grow and mature, on how we can all achieve our common aspirations in life, regardless if we live off in the wilds as our ancestors did, or we take the stars.

Civilisation comes at a price, and that is to sacrifice one's own need for the greater good. It does not make one a slave, for within that sacrifice comes a beneficial return, for all would be balance up in terms of needs. For example-farming. It takes patience, effort and time, but the rewards are great as all get to share in the bounty of harvest for a year and more, rather than dependence on hunting, which is one kind of meal and sprodic, subject to avaliability.

Combine the 2 and no human need to starve, for once the seeds are planted, there is time to hunt.

Similarly today, our economic system is based upon cooperation by EVERY individual whom can work. We build structures and social spend upon societies, to advance our race further up the evolutionary ladder, together as one, leaving none behind such as the mentally and physically challenged, and take to the stars, to evolve even further, so that a BETTER way of sustainable life can be held for all.

No doubt that the drudgery of repetative works or the lack of jobs kill, but such are the imbalance caused by the greedy few amongst us. Should we resolve such issues, mankind need not and had never been intended to slave for 365 days a year, NOT even real slaves. There is supposed free time when the sun sets and weekends for the family.

Too bad, the greedy few amongst us had robbed us of such hours, while they enjoy every hour under the sun and moon, bloated with the money constructs they created and cheated us humans all.

The status quo have to and will change by our generation so that the innocent next be free. ......It will be our parting gift to them. It begins with you and me, that today knows how once human lived before it be erased from memory.......
edit on 6-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

I agree with you. I actually wrote a thread on this, very similar to what you said back in December:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But the fact remains that this is what we have. It's no use dwelling on this kind of stuff, trust me on that. The world is not a good place, but there still are good/kind/nice people in the world. Live life to the fullest. Hang out with friends, help an elderly lady cross the road, do something nice for a strange. Just have fun!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Living in a box or in the woods. It's your mind that sets you free not the environment. I have a very busy lifestyle (box syndrome) though am in touch with the envirnoment around me. I have a passion for all things outdoors and when I feel clouded and represessed by my normal world. My mind takes me elsewhere.......

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join