It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy High, an addiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
After writitng several threads earlier, commented and fronted news i have seen how the words have changed the last years. Nowdays i'm not sure where we stand on any of the problem issues that we disquss.
Its like smoking something that gives you good ideas, at least that is what you feel there and then, but when the high is over these thoughs have very little relevance and nothing seems to move anywhere.

Videos are the same and its the same people in every type of conspiracy where they call eachother experts int their field and together they all make a # load of several docus that do entertain but ends up being more vague tales with alot of holes that makes us take steps back.

What it seems like we do is getting our words out in most issues we can write in, and that is our contribution wich means we are at stand still.

I'm reading literature written by educated men and women in the field of the themes onthese groups that pops up in several conspiracies. The families and where religion plays in all of this.

The conspiracies in the beginning of 1900 are almost identical with the issues we have toady. The same families , companies and religions. And actually reading about them individually i see that these stories are filled with people that really were just humans with BIG issues.. Like the egosentric asshole Aleister Crowley, the boy that was just bored and when his dad died he traveled all over doin whatever. But in modern text they speak of a god...

I guess where i'm desperately trying to get to is the fact that maybe the conspiracies are here as a diversion. Conspiracy is as old as the stories they tell, and maybe that the link.

Maybe the earth is just crazy because we people still wont admit that we often are more animal than a civilized individual. Bear in mind that it really is only roughly 1500 years since we became what we define as civilized.

But this craving to get the frustration out seems impossible and we don't know where it comes from. SOme end up kicking strangers when drunk in the weekends and some end up in here creating world where the queen uses a mask over her reptile body, and apparently loves doing the most boring work in the world, smiling to poor people you really don't like. And why? They all treat your family like # and its your crappy country. Maybe thats why she's so angry all the time. I mean this woman repaired cars under world war 1! Shw knows more about a motor than ill ever know. She is not an reptilian, just a tad bitchy and bitter because her people never saw her as the fairest of them all, and thought she could fix that.

BUT i'm gonna stop since there are too many issues i can use as examples.

I am not totalluy against conspiracies, but wish we could try to focuse at those that we can contribute somehow, with our abilities.

And if everything is true we should get to know eachother, since we might need that contact later on

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I can quit when I want to, but I don't want to yet.
I needs my truth and wild speculations.

spec
edit on 4-2-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: add

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
I can quit when I want to, but I don't want to yet.
I needs my truth and wild speculations.

spec
edit on 4-2-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: add

But when you press enter to get in here. What are your expectations?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I saw a UFO last year around april, it was right before the eruption of the volcano on Island. It was amazing in the moment, but than it faded, and then i got the most terrible fear, as if they knew i saw tehm.

Now i wrote this in a thread a not so long after the incident but was ignored because of the lack of video and/or pictures.

In the situation i wanted to get the camera but knowing that the phone would be slow and barely get any light i thought being able to describe it afterwards would be better.
I would think this was something to discuss since i would love to hear what other people might have experienced. But now its all about the pictures but even these are just , so easy to fake.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
That's a problem, I'm not sure we can ever know the truth of these things until we get slapped in the face with it. All the discussion that goes on and while I enjoy reading and occasionally contributing to it , it almost always goes nowhere in the end. There is something addictive about them, they hold a promise of the fantastic and being part of the uncovering of the fantastic, and that is the magnet that pulls us in. Maybe we are just dumb animals making up stories to make our lives more exciting, if that is the case, I'm glad at least in my case and the world of my thought, it actually doe make it more exciting than the world of ordinary reality.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lost artistic

But when you press enter to get in here. What are your expectations?

Hmm, I hope to be informed about actual events and the speculation that goes with bringing them onboard. So maybe I am more of an "I want to know what's happening " guy, or news junkie, and ats is my drug o choice.
Also, I dig the corresponding too, and the ats community is, imo a pretty hospitable place. So this site has become my daily provider of information and cyber camaraderie. Yes it does have a conspiratorial flavor, but I would liken it to sports, entertainment or social events. It is a choice of connectedness not so much because it is of conspiratorial nature, but more because it is news and fellowship.

I do get your premise though, and yes there was a time when I would have considered myself addicted to conspiracies. It was when I got caught up in the initial momentum launched by 911 suspicions AND David Icke, at the same time.(I know, Icke, but I have moved past him) I spent a lot of time getting my hands on every book, documentary and info I could, obsessively. I felt driven to finish unearthing such mind blowing paradigm shattering truths(?), and then spill my findings on every pour soul within listening distance. Ahh, the good ole days, ensnared in a complex webb of connected dots to epic proportions, free to dominate my mind.

Whew, glad I am past those times!
So yes, conspiracy subjects are high in novel content and potential self empowerment, thus making them a very attractive endeavor.

Peace,
spec

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lost artistic

Absolutely. But might it be we are bored. This high might explain why people don't react much anymore.

In 2008 i was addicted like crazy. Often it seems the interest gets stronger when i'm depressed. As if i need my fix to get by in a world that ofte feels grey.

Cuz, even if it is terrible stories, they are like modern version of what older generation got from sci fi books and later on cartoon?

new topics

top topics

join