It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With friends like Americans who needs enemies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
WikiLeaks cables: US agrees to tell Russia Britain's nuclear secrets

Information about every Trident missile the US supplies to Britain will be given to Russia as part of an arms control deal signed by President Barack Obama next week.

Thanks a lot guys .Sell us out so you can look good

A series of classified messages sent to Washington by US negotiators show how information on Britain’s nuclear capability was crucial to securing Russia’s support for the “New START” deal. Although the treaty was not supposed to have any impact on Britain, the leaked cables show that Russia used the talks to demand more information about the UK’s Trident missiles, which are manufactured and maintained in the US. Washington lobbied London in 2009 for permission to supply Moscow with detailed data about the performance of UK missiles. The UK refused, but the US agreed to hand over the serial numbers of Trident missiles it transfers to Britain.

edit on 4-2-2011 by boroboy because: (no reason given)

Now tell me the soapy is not a communist sympathiser

edit on 4-2-2011 by boroboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If it wasn't for being friends with America, a lot more people would be speaking German right now.

Hundreds of millions in third world countries would have starved to death long ago......

Hundreds of thousands would have not bounced back after natural disasters like they did......

Countries would not receive hundreds of billions in aid they receive every year.....

American may not be perfect (far from it) but the good that is done around the world I believe out weighs
the bad by quite a bit.

I know it's fashionable to hate America but remember some of the good and not just the bad things.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boroboy

With friends like Americans who needs enemies

Hey now, I never told any Russians anything, so quit grouping me with the military industrial complex.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boroboy

In the Intelligence Community information is a currency.

Selling an allies information or secrets or even a spy out is just an agency making money.

Through the currency it knows best.

Information.

The Official CIA Manual of Trickery and Deception

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73005769ac2b.jpg[/atsimg]

Publishers Weekly Amazon Review :

Intelligence historian Melton and retired CIA officer Wallace (coauthors of Spycraft) reunite for this unremarkable reproduction of a long-lost cold war–era relic.

In 1953, the fledgling CIA hired professional magician John Mulholland to adapt his techniques of stealth and misdirection to the craft of espionage.

Mulholland produced two illustrated manuals featuring a range of tricks from placing pills into drinks to stealing documents and avoiding detection.

The classified manuals were believed to have been destroyed in 1973, but the authors discovered a copy in 2007 among recently declassified CIA archives.

The manuals are reproduced along with enhanced illustrations and an extended introduction by Melton and Wallace.

Despite the authors' best efforts to promote their discovery of Mulholland's work as a rare piece of historical evidence of the CIA's legacy of black arts, the manuals, with their earnest, how-to descriptions of surreptitiously spiking drinks, palming documents and signaling colleagues with a feather in a hat band seem more quaintly anachronistic than revealing or sinister. (Nov.)

Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

In intelligence, as in warfare, keep your friends close, and keep your enemies closer.

This is a lesser known secret.

For example the United States spies on United Kingdom subjects, while the United Kingdom spies on United States citizens, in order to bypass each countries own laws about domestic intelligence gathering through the telecommunications industry, something which has been going on for a very, very long time. Anything Assange has gathered through the snitch network and Whistleblowing actions of Wikileaks is suspect as it could potentially be disinformation.

What better way to destroy someone's credibility than feed them false information and allow it to be released.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Good god man !
If the united States would do give away your bridal secrets like that,
It is nort inconceivable that they might also commit the ultimate sin...
Which would be to tell the Russians where it is exactly that you are.
If the Russians ever find you, you know what they will do to you don't you
don't you..

what would they do to you I wonder...?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Rule#1) There are no friendly intelligence agencies..

Though This is is pretty damn embarassing.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

I'm getting tired of saying this, but here goes again.........

Whilst the Americans helped bring a swift end to the second world war, and their help was greatly appreciated, Great Britain and her empire, along with the Russians, had Germany on the defensive. We would have won the war without Americas help, it would have just took longer and cost far more lives.

The people of America are great friends, its just their government are proving not to be the most trustworthy of allies, I, like many others, don't blame the people for their governments stupidity.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
If it wasn't for being friends with America, a lot more people would be speaking German right now.

What rubbish. America sacraficed the least and gained the most. Remember operation paperclip? The U.S. government wouldn't have done anything if there wasn't profit in it.

Hundreds of thousands would have not bounced back after natural disasters like they did......

Bounced back with new U.S. installed bases and places of military operation. The U.S. war machine uses any excuse it can to spread it's shadow across the globe.

Countries would not receive hundreds of billions in aid they receive every year.....

Yes, that buys a LOT of weapons, military training and autocratic government leaders doesn't it?

I know it's fashionable to hate America but remember some of the good and not just the bad things.

Not "hate". More pity and anger if anything for being weak against your leaders.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

That was then. This is now. I guess friends change.

Alliances are based on two things. Money and fear, but usually money wins.
-DAINOYFB

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Another thread about this here www.abovetopsecret.com... in case you're interested in seeing the comments there.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Oh you mean because you came in at the end of the war when everyone was bankrupt after trading with both sides and dropped two nuclear weapons on civilian cities and then ran off with a bunch of Nazi scientists to start a phony war with Russia? While the rest of the world became indebted to financial institutions you created.

Hundreds of millions in third world countries would have starved to death long ago......

Mostly because those same third- world countries assets and resources are owned by American and other Western powers who take more than they give anyway.

I wonder how the people of New Orleans feel about that statement.

You mean like your puppet regimes not limited to Israel, Colombia and Mubarak?

American may not be perfect (far from it) but the good that is done around the world I believe out weighs the bad by quite a bit.

I don't think so, America has some of the best to offer the world, but also the worst, and its a shame but IMO the latter outweighs the former.

It's only fashionable because you piss so many people off.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boroboy

I am sure this reply will get squelched, but I am passionately sick of this America bashing for the sake of bashing Americans.

Your comment ranks right up there with the likes of All Jews must be annhialated, All Britons have bad teeth, All Blacks are stupid animals, All Muslims are terrorists, All Priests are pedophiles, and the list goes on and on.

Get over yourself, you ignorant self serving egotist. All Americans do not sell out their allies and all Americans did not vote for this windbag of a failure we are stuck with for 2 more years.

I will not stoop any lower in the personal attacks area out of some form of modesty for these forums, but trust me, there is plenty more ire and irk left in me.

And, since I noticed all of the comments about the US Military Industrial machine rolling round the world and how we own so much of it through (make up your own choice reason), lets look outside the borders of one nation. Lets hop "across the pond" and look at the British Empire. If ever there was a Theocratic Monolith overshadowing this planet, it would be her. So, while you sit back and play armchair hater from halfway round the globe, I say spend a bit of time educating yourself and keep your petty statements to yourself.
edit on 8-2-2011 by wheresthetruth because: address follow up issues.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Waaaaa,Waaaaaa,Waaaaaa another america basher.Good god will the BS never end.Yes I know your government never does anything bad they are holy and pure and never returned the favor to america right.I got news for you sonny your government no matter who they are have hands just as bloody as ours,maybe more so depending on the country.
So easy to bash the big bad americans but we've saved your bacon before and the time is coming when you want us to do it again .....but this time maybe we have our own problems and you don't matter to us any more.Then you can bash someone else cause you'll never be happy till you have somebody to complain about.
edit on 2/8/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I am also sick of these threads. The title of this thread infuriates me.

Like I said in the other thread a couple of days ago[Yes, this is a duplicate thread again], Bash our tyrannical government, I dont care, I'll bash them along with you. Dont bash the people. There is a difference....

top topics

join