It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE: you'll finally be able to use your iphone 5 and ipad 2 as wallets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

No thank you. I reject this useless technology in my personal life. I don't need a cell phone, I don't need an Ipad, nor do I need a gadget that fits in my wallet. What I need is more time off, a walk in the woods, fishing, gardening, spending time with family, and less technology in the peoples lives around me.

Edit to add: Life is good, put your cell phone down for a day and enjoy it!

You can't get anything stolen from your cell or be tracked down by using it if you don't own one. So if you are worried about it, DON"T USE A CELL PHONE< DUH!
edit on 6-2-2011 by space cadet because: to add info

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Three year old tech video and the debate is over?

Whatever. Eat a peach.

Your claims have been refuted, but you refuse to look at the evidence. Starting at Minute 55 he describes multiple ways to rip off these phones on the more secure hardware phones from Nokia. The smart phones have even more ways to be ripped off but will also fall for these methods also.

These smart phones were not out when he made this video or he would show you those... he is all but drooling mentioning all the ways he can hack the less secure smart phones.

You sneer, claim I do not know the technology, display repeated ignorance in your clams and I provide video evidence which show the exact specs and the exact ways to rip off these phones but you refuse to look at the evidence. You are not debating you are trolling.

Thank you, I love peaches.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Good now If i steal your phone, I can take your identy, SS card, your money, your wifes dirty pictures, your home address, kidnap your pets and hold your left testicle for ransom.

Almost as bad as getting your wallet stolen.

Oh, wait, it's not.

If you steal my phone, I can contact the my mobile provider, give them my password and have them (a) lock the phone remotely and (b) give them my permission to give the exact GPS co-ordinates of the phone to the police. Or to me, if I'm feeling lucky.

Conversely, if you steal my wallet, I'll never see the cash again, my license and other ID will be sold off to the Russian Mafia and I'll wake up one day to find my identity has been stolen and I'm on a no-fly list and wanted for mortgage fraud. Furthermore, my credit cards will be maxed out in a heartbeat (and I'll have to fight to get the charges canceled), and I'll get to spend the next three weeks trying to get all my ID replaced.

Actually, one can construct a simple gps jammer, or buy one off the internet for a few hundred bucks..I activate the gps jammer and beat you with a spoon and take your phone, whilst jamming all communications so you cant call for help. The jammer is a pocket size device and has a working radius of a few hundred feet. So no the police wont be able to locate you or ME if I jam enemy communications.
edit on 10-2-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join