It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before you watch the Super Bowl Sunday, watch this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The NFL is a monster. It's self-regulated, it makes billions of dollars a year, and people are flat out addicted to it. This Sunday's Super Bowl could be the most watched TV show EVER. How did something as mundane as football become so popular?

I'm really starting to believe this guy's idea that sports are indeed show business and as such script their own games to make them more interesting. It makes sense, especially when you consider how much is at stake and who is really investing in these games. Check this out and see if you agree:

By the way, according to his website, he'll be on Coast to Coast AM Saturday night. I know, I know...that's Ian's night, but I'm gonna tune in anyway to hear this guy talk.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I have always seen sports this way ever since I was a teenager. I saw the corruption way back then and cannot stand any sports stat talk. Other dudes look at me like deer a dear staring into headlights when I tell them I don't watch it as it is a complete waste of time. They then just ignore me from that point on. It is the reason why I feel isolated as only a few people I know think like I do.
edit on 4-2-2011 by Unmask The Deception because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
malformed id brother

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yeah, I've seen this video before and I would like to get the book. The author makes a valid point in that game are not necessarily fixed but rather taken advantage of when profits can be increased based on coincidental story lines. Example would be the Saints winning the Superbowl a few years after Katrina. Patriots winning after 9/11. Lakers vs. Celtics rivalry, etc. This year - Aaron Rodgers winning the Superbowl during Favre's possibly worst season ever. And you better believe ESPN or someone is going to bring up Favre during the Superbowl.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It's like wrestling haha. I somtimes watch sports but i'm not dedicated.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I haven't bought the book either. I shouldn't be so cheap despite my interest in the subject, I know. But his website does offer up some juicy tidbits worth considering. While ATS changes my perspective on many things, sports is only something I've recently thought about in a new light. I think as the saying goes, "it's time to put away childish things..."

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
i have felt this way for awhile, but there could be different levels of rigging...it could be that whole games are scripted, although that would be very difficult to do (to suggest that receivers can always make the needed catch is a bit of a stretch, likewise with hitting 100mph fastballs in baseball)...what is far more likely is that the refs are in on it to keep it close or sway things one way or the other...Tim Donaghy said as much about his time as a ref in the NBA, and his info must have been good otherwise the FBI would have charged him...either way, i confess to still watching sports because it is the only thing that takes my mind off this crazy world we live in for a little while...if i didnt have sports sites to chill me out, ATS would drive me insane!...i figure as long as i realize that i am being distracted by TPTB and choose to be anyway, its okay...GO PACK!

top topics

join