It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I am giving up on the 'search' for proof.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yep, you heard right. My active interest in the search for proof of intelligent Alien life is over. I've put a lot of thought in this lately and have come to the conclusion that just about anything that could possibly be proof of Alien life in the way of UFO's or EBE's can ultimately be faked to a level of near perfection. And the thin blurry line is fading fast.

When it comes to any kind of video, nothing will I take as proof regardless of content. It's just too easy these days to create anything within the realm of realisim. And it only gets better and better from there. With the right tools and expierence, it's all but indistinguishable from whats real and whats not.

Atop of that, I really believe we live in a time where biologocal beings can be made in test tubes, and any kind of technology can be crafted in black budget hangers. Thus, even seeing an Alien creature or UFO with my own eyes is subject to fraud. And this does not include the advancment in holograms and whatever other means one can use to manipulate with the right resources.

So, am I qittiing? Not quite. I'm just admitting to the all but impossible task that finding proof of anything 'Alien' has become. A line has been blurred and is fading fast. Proof can now be conjured or erased at will, and I'm just tired of looking for something that may literally be impossible to find, despite the validity of truth(or not).

So, in closing, keep up the good fight if you will! I'll still be reading from time to time, but solely for entertainment. There simply is no longer proof to be found. We live in a world where creation and reality overlap and only those who hold the keys know the difference. Or do even they? I guess that is all......
edit on 4-2-2011 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
In your place i'd wait for 2012 before giving up on smth.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The proof is already there ..depends what you are looking and what is "proof" for you

Aliens will visiting us regardless of your quiting

edit on 4-2-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I want to believe...Sorry for bumping a old thread but i truly do believe if you have not read this thread you should before giving up. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just noticing from your header that that uo is on spelled upside down.

carry on.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
i feel the same. i'm blaming youtube and easy access to editing software. i used to be quite open minded, even gullable. but now i assume everything is fake.
i still beleive, but i dont think i've ever seen what i beleive in...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

I really don't think we have the technology at this stage to engineer a synthetic organism that would fool scientists, at least not after they study it. We've only just begun to scratch the surface of building synthetic organisms, any non-single celled organism would be fairly ambitious and to attempt an alien is even more ambitious. So I think that scientific evidence such as alien DNA, after its been studied by independent biologists would be extremely convincing to me. That's the sort of evidence I'd be looking for.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spotless
In your place i'd wait for 2012 before giving up on smth.

2012 Perfect example to prove the OP's point

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I understand what you mean but why do you need this proof. What kind of proof? There are so many witnesses around the world who have claimed to having seen a ufo. Out of thousands don't you think at least one was real. I myself saw something in the skies and I believe it to be an UFO but I didn't tell anyone. People giggle or ignore....I know what I saw and that is good enough for me. I see strange orbs in the sky from time to time but really not much fun because you can't share it with anyone that would be equally excited...so I will wait patiently for the day when the real deal comes around with undeniable proof(that some people will deny anyway)I do not need anyone to tell me or prove to me what I believe. Just keep looking at the stars. Enjoy it. No matter how much proof is out there...someone will always come along and tell you different. and stop looking at the YT vids hoping that everyone will agree it's real, it will never happen. Don't give up! UFO's are too fascinating to let go!

Don't deny Ignorance..embrace it....Haha!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys(and gals if here).

To backtrack a bit, I do not 'need' proof as I believe what I believe regardless. However, trying to seek out tangable proof, or looking for the holy grail of proof for the world to behold is what I am refering to here. I 'believe' based on what I've expierenced coupled with all the evidence I have heard/read. No changing that. However, going forward, I truely believe that nothing can be put forth that can not be claimed as a hoax, or outright faked. Making a claim for irrefutable proof moot.

Now, I assume most of us are here just for that reason. To get ahold of something we can share with the 'non-believers' to show them what we already believe in(aside from the debunkers, skeptics, and trolls..). And to that end, I give up. Simply nothing can or will do in todays day and age. Mind you, I'm not talking bacteria or the like, but proof of what we all know as UFO's and Alien beings.

Oh, and thanks for pointing out the spelling error in the title.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I agree that its become too easy to fake UFO videos, too many people out there with the skills and the desire to make a fake video that gets international attention, and so at this point there's almost no way to trust a video. It would have to come from so many source and also have tons of eye witnesses... just to make it that much more difficult to fake.

But all hope is not lost, you just have to look again closely at older material... pre-cgi... There is some really good footage... The UFOs over Washington D.C. in 1952, 1950 Montana, and 1952 Utah... Go back to those, listen to the analysis, and try to explain them. Whether they are real or not, I can at least rule out amazing CGI.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
They are real, trust someone who knows from his trust in someone he knows. My father saw a bona fide flying saucer close up as it landed not more than 100 feet away. portholes and all, no sound, then it zoomed off in a flash.That was in the 1940's. He turned down a dirt road, not knowing why, but thats what got him to the vantage point where he had that amazing experience. Plus look at all of the proof of sky gods from ancient texts, Sumerian,Hindu,American Indians, its all in the bible too, as well as the amazing stone and block structures left standing from ancient days gone by. One day the absence of them will be gone, and like Erich Von Daniken stated, we will be in for, "the shock of the gods"

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Interesting point to raise. My interest has been diminishing too. But it may just be S.A.D. It may just be that slow period where only fakes pop up.

No point blaming the people who have only computers. Aliens need to up the ante.

Decades ago there were numerous interceptions, massive light shows, roswell...if that is happening today then I assume that information is being withheld well or the "aliens" just lamed out and left us alone for a bit. But it'd be nice to think they understand some of us who believe they may be there have a waning interest a little lately. That's not to say I want to be abducted to assert a proof of your kind Mr Alieoid! I'm just saying. As I often do. Bring on the ships already. Orange orbs are tres boring and easily faked

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
OP,
why search?
Just enjoy,
keep an open mind but don't be fooled or be a fool for everything out there.
Just imagine you are 30yrs old and you heard a flying saucer just crashed!!
now you are 93yrs old and still no absolute general public disclosure proof
My grandfather was 30 yrs old in 1947 and 2 weeks ago he passed away at 93.
He worked on the Apollo space program and was damn proud of it.
Thank goodness he didn't waste his time thinking if things were out there.

If you want to get a smile, check out the link below,
I embedded this guy's lecture that is a blast to watch, the guy is serious about his beliefs.
but knows that he may be wrong.
Do I believe him or his stories? I don't have too. But I did enjoy his lecture about what he thinks.
I just finished his book,
and it was interesting.
My wife just finished reading the whole twighlight series which she enjoyed.

life goes on brotha!

check it out
Enjoyable Lecture

top topics

join