It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USPS New Stamp - Any comments??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
How ironic is this??!! They're getting their own Christmas stamp, but don't dream of posting the ten commandments on federal property?

USPS New Stamp

This one is impossible to believe.. Scroll down for the text.
If there is only one thing you forward today.....let it be this!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of PanAm
Flight 103!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World
Trade Center in 1993!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine
barracks in Lebanon!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military
barracks in Saudi Arabia!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American
Embassies in Africa!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on the Twin Towers on 9/11/2001!

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were
lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks!

Now the United States Postal Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the
EID MUSLIM holiday season with a commemorative first class
holiday postage stamp.

REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp
when purchasing your stamps at the post office.
To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those
AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The Eid stamps were released by the USPS on 9/1/01.
Link

It was re-released in August 2002.
Link

If you're going to copy-paste an email chainletter, you probably ought to indicate that in your post. It'll make people think you're the one authoring the post.
Link

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You are right, my mistake. Was pulled into this one hook line and sinker.

Chris

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
this is ridiculous, and bigoted, imo. the US, of which the post office is an official branch, has many muslim citizens, and they deserve to be represented just as all other cultures have been by (i really don't believe i'm arguing about this)... comemorative stamps. especially at a time when many muslims, who have NOTHING to do with terror, are feeling ostracized by america. as an american, i have no qualms with these stamps. besides, they look nice.

perhaps this line is more to your liking?

-koji K.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
You make no sense cccchunt..

IN that case I guess I and every other black American should boycott everything white in this country since as a whole Whites have done a lot to hurt blacks in America (racism, KKK, slavery etc.). I don't care if you had nothing to do with it, your white so I must hold you accountable. I mean you're using the same logic here with calling for the boycott of a stamp that honors a Muslim holiday when the overwhelming majority of Muslims have nothing to do with the few who are perveting the religion of Islam to fit there crazy views (ala the KKK who were supposedly Christians but were hateful anyways). I'm getting tired of this double talk that's being spouted by certain people in our country (especially those who share those views and are in power in this country sadly.).

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by truseeker
You make no sense cccchunt..

IN that case I guess I and every other black American should boycott everything white in this country since as a whole Whites have done a lot to hurt blacks in America (racism, KKK, slavery etc.). I don't care if you had nothing to do with it, your white so I must hold you accountable. I mean you're using the same logic here with calling for the boycott of a stamp that honors a Muslim holiday when the overwhelming majority of Muslims have nothing to do with the few who are perveting the religion of Islam to fit there crazy views (ala the KKK who were supposedly Christians but were hateful anyways). I'm getting tired of this double talk that's being spouted by certain people in our country (especially those who share those views and are in power in this country sadly.).

What makes you think I am white Jack***?????

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by truseeker

IN that case I guess I and every other black American should boycott everything white in this country

How could you possibly do that? Really? Boycott white owned companys?

I dont think that the person that posted this was advocating it. Just posting it for us to see. Read the begining of his post. Where he says "how Ironic".

top topics

join