It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt VP Targeted in Assassination Attempt That Killed Two Bodyguards

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Egypt VP Targeted in Assassination Attempt That Killed Two Bodyguards

www.foxnews.com

DEVELOPING: A failed assassination attempt on Egypt's vice president in recent days left two of his bodyguards dead, U.S. sources tell Fox News, though that information has yet to be confirmed on the ground in Cairo.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs declined to address the assassination reports when asked by Fox News.

"I'm not going to ... get into that question," Gibbs said.

Not much out on this yet.

I was wondering when something like this was going to happen. No confirmation, no comment from the White House.

Something to keep an eye on.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Starred and flagged.

Good find.

Hasn't he only been in real power for two-three days so far?

Not the best start.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Could be the CIA or Mossad. Usually one of those two.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
i think it's either a bad story, or a false flag assassination. wasn't sullieman the one nobody in egypt wanted because of his ties to the cia?? i don't put it past him or the cia to stage a fake assassination attempt to make the protesters look bad and possibly enforce martial law. i wouldn't be surprised if mubarak never officially gets to "retire". if you get my drift...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Wonder why the attempt was on the VP and not Mubarak?

Not much on this story yet but definitely want to follow - S@F
edit on 4-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

Not much on this story yet but definitely want to follow - S@F
edit on 4-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

He's the one officially running the show while they try and iron out what the new gov't will look like.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Could be the CIA or Mossad. Usually one of those two.

Usually when they are involved the target is terminated.

Unless the goal of the op was to scare the target into cooperation.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I always felt once shot at, I was free and justified to return fire.

And NOT the same number of shots.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Would have been nice.

Anyway, if this report is true, wouldn't surprise me if it came from real people inside Egypt...

The VP is SULEIMAN, who is the ``rendition man`` in Egypt's government... you know the guy responsible for all the secret torture prisons the US sends it's ``terrorists`` to so they disappear?

Yeah. He's the former minister of the ``Interior Ministry``... which is the most hated ministry in Egypt... by all people... they are responsible for the torture, the security forces beating and killing protesters, the corrupt cops, ALL OF IT. And he just doesn't give orders for torture, he DOES TORTURE HIMSELF when he finds the person/case interesting... or probably just for fun.

Not to mention he saved Mubarak's life before ...personally.

If Suleiman would have been killed, the planet would have been better. The guy's a sicko.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hmm,interesting if true I say to everyone to consider the source of this story it's from Fox who has been trying to use the fear of a "global caliphate." to boost ratings and perhaps generate some American support for that sadistic pos Suliemann.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Sky News and BBC News mentioned it too in the UK in the hourly bulletins

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Sky News is Fox News Europe.

Its owned by News Corp., Rupert Murdoch's transnational conglomerate.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Mubarak has indicated he'll step down. The only question is will it be in Sept (as he said) or before. That leaves a power vacuum and one person primed to fill it or take a top spot in it would be his newly appointed VP.

So that is reason #1. The CIA or Mossad as suspects. Hmmmm... as others have pointed out the VP is not a nice guy. I'm sure he has done some dirty work for the CIA and/or Mossad in the past. Of course, either might take him out now to keep him from flapping his lips. Likewise, I wouldn't be surprised to see this be a home-grown attempt or one from any number of outside elements.

One thing this man does not lack for is enemies.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

i'll bet Mubarak ordered the Kill because the US Gov is pushing for him.
The VP only slightly less popular than Mubarak.

Noticed the absense of Guns in the Revolution.
The Public only has 3 guns per 100, slightly more than Oz.

How would this play out if it was, say Washington?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It should first be confirmed that this actually happened before we start guessing who is responsible.

Fox News is the only marginally reasonable source, all others appear to be based on this article and the failed assassination attempt supposedly occurred on the 29th of January, so you would think that we would have heard something from some other sources if this were true.

Assuming that the source is correct, there is no information whatsoever that would suggest that it was the CIA or Mossad that carried out this assassination attempt and as someone else mentioned, assets used by these agencies are not usually so unprofessional as to kill two bodyguards and leave their intended target completely unharmed.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
It should first be confirmed that this actually happened before we start guessing who is responsible.

Even if no one saw it and with zero follow up, hundreds of thousands of people would and will believe it because it was simply posted online from a abbreviated television station.

FACT
edit on 4-2-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Mubarak has indicated he'll step down. The only question is will it be in Sept (as he said) or before. That leaves a power vacuum and one person primed to fill it or take a top spot in it would be his newly appointed VP...

So we need a BIG, EFFICIENT VACUUM CLEANER and NOW,,,

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Starred and flagged.

Good find.

Hasn't he only been in real power for two-three days so far?

Not the best start.

Yea. It would seem apparent that any rational person would shy away from an appointment like this, especially right now, unless they want to make themselves a target and possibly a martyr.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

CIA then based on its history LOL! If he was really killed then Mossad.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join