It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Mechanical Theroies of Consciousness: A govt report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I just came across this report supported by the Director, Office of Science, Office High Energy and Nuclear Physics.

You can download in PDF directly from the gov here :
Here
Or here www.osti.gov...

It starts with Newton and how that understanding is fundamentally wrong. Then they delve into the brain as a quantum machine.

Enjoy! I look forward to comments.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Check out pages 18 or so where they talk about placing attention points into the mind-brain that can alter 'wet' brains... WTH?!? Or the experiments a few pages later where people's brains were reprogrammed to accept negative images better.
edit on 4-2-2011 by GrisGris because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GrisGris

Thanks, The article clearly must have links to the MK-ultra work that evolved from info that was obtained from the Nazi and Japanese after WWII and continued in horrific fashion well into the 1970s by the CIA, army and other branches.

Since they are starting to associate the way the brain works with quatum physics, it seems obvious to me that have found ways to explain ESP, Remote Viewing and other strange things of the mind long denied. I strongly suspect that they were finally driven to accept the evidence that the ETS possess boggling mental powers and perhaps such would make good weapons for us. (That's the way that sort of thing gets funding.)

(Anybody that has seen the movie Men Who Stare at Goats got a fine whitewash of that whole business. And the guilty party pointed out in that movie was the army, not the CIA which was the prime mover in that whole business.)

I know, some high-minded folks will squirm with the mentioning of the tin-hat words along with hard Science, but if the road is leading there, follow the signs, they just may be right.

edit on 4-2-2011 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The only possible path or practical use of this on a human being would be to either attempt to enhance us so we can have super-powers, or to restrict/control/modify us. Either way it is still tampering with nature and natural evolutionary processes.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
The only possible path or practical use of this on a human being would be to either attempt to enhance us so we can have super-powers, or to restrict/control/modify us. Either way it is still tampering with nature and natural evolutionary processes.

Yes, when reading it seems innocent enough though. But then about 1/2 way through little flags start firing.

Then page 18 a phrase that has left my mind pondering... A 'wet warm brain' As opposed to what other kind?

Then the document starts leading you into application, without saying intention.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

A warm, wet brain as opposed to a dead, cold one, I presume.

This follows in the idea of trying to understand a functional system before we probe it.

Fantastic article, thanks much for the find OP.

A very well organized and scholarly piece, to be sure.

I encourage everyone to read it all the way through.

Also... there isn't really any reason to bring Mind Control into this discussion... rather Buddhism is a much more relevant tangent, and the work the Dalai Lama does with top neuroscientists etc.

See: Sharon Begley

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

While I also think there is something to the MK-Ultra stuff, there is not really anything to do with quantum entanglement or string theory or parallel universes in the article... which would be the things associated with those phenomena.

Rather, the article is oriented towards quantum philosophy of mind, and how psychology data must be interpreted through quantum mechanics, rather than classical mechanics.

This is why willful attention is elaborated upon with the Zeno effect:

One can nearly ”freeze” the evolution of the system by measuring it frequently enough in its (known) initial state. The meaning of the term has since expanded, leading to a more technical definition in which time evolution can be suppressed not only by measurement: the quantum Zeno effect is the suppression of unitary time evolution caused by quantum decoherence in quantum systems provided by a variety of sources: measurement, interactions with the environment, stochastic fields, and so on.[2] As an outgrowth of study of the quantum Zeno effect, it has become clear that applying a series of sufficiently strong and fast pulses with appropriate symmetry can also decouple a system from its decohering environment.[3]wiki

Basically, by continuously being mindful of your state of mind, you can change your brain significantly through neurogenesis...

It is now basically accepted that the brain is very malleable.
Neuroplasticity

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

Thanks for that. I agree that it fits right in line with my understanding of buddhist philosophy of attention.

I had to post because the article really is brilliantly and fairly easily written and helped my understanding.

The reason that I find this a little odd and flags are triggered is because our government military types don't seem to be buddhistic and I wonder why the Dept of Energy is studying this.

Gg

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Stapp's work is always an interesting read. While his contributions to Quantum Physics has been immense, his work on Quantum Consciousness is seen as being on the same level as Fred Alan Wolfe's. In other words it is seen as a novelty in the field and not really seen as legitimate. However, if the topic interests you I recommend reading The Emperor's New Mind by Roger Penrose and The Mind and the Brain by Jeffrey Schwartz as well as Stapp's two books on the topic.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Well... it is probably associated more with the academic and philosophical aspects of gov't scholars, and less to do with military applications... I hope.

Also, it should be noted the date is from 2006, so not really MK time.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by beebs

Please notice the op didn't make or assume the mk connection. To be honest, I know little about that particular conspiracy.

I did however grow up ultra religious in the deep south. When I discovered Buddhism, it seemed to explain how to be a good Christian.

Ultimately though Buddhism is more of a psychology.

Back to the post, I hope too!!

top topics

join