It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even Donald Trump Is Warning That An Economic Collapse Is Coming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
No, no, no! It is really more like "he", and others like him will pay $25 for a loaf of bread LOL

You see, the average person like myself can make my own bread, Thank You Mr. Trump!

Not only can I make bread I can also keep it because I don't want your measly $25! Eat that on your way to eating Ka-Ka! Such a Lovely Thought to think we want his money!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

No I don't think people will just starve but I think most all people have no idea how to turn that grain into bread, so looting a grain field won't necessarily be a practical reality...

how many people you think know how to grow/irrigate crops?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
i think geogrphical location might play a big hand here..some may suffer more than others. we very well could see mass migrations of people.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Ok that argument can be made for grain but it can't for several things

Corn, tomatos, apples, potatos.....

I could walk to Leamington, Ontario where HEINZ is located

They grow the most tomatoes in the world there....

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

Ultimately I think we are arguing the same thing. You are saying we wont see 25$ for bread because people will loot before they pay that much, which I totally agree with.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Trump is scared and should be. He's not on the Fed/Gov't list of bailouts and when we hit ground zero he'll feel more pain than most because when you live high on the hog and it's lost you're worse off than the poor who have only known poverty.

By the way, Trump has been bailed out (by the banks he's indebted to) more than the banks themselves but he's been well versed in all the tricks and scams that we call our American tax code and business law practices that allows him to do what he does. And the media loves him because he's just such a charmer.

Also, there are many wealthy (billionaires and mega-millionaires) who are scared to death of what is happening because of what I stated above, and they should be.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Trump is no idiot. He's often right, and he's learned how expensive it can be to be wrong. He's no stranger to taking risks.

So, the current economy is unquestionably artificially inflated by the Fed. Everyone knows this. Everyone knows we're playing a game of kick the can down the road. People selling underwater houses have played the same game; put the home up for sale at what was the market price, then put it up for sale for what they owe, then negotiate with the bank for lower balance, then try a short sale, then finally quit making payments and accept foreclosure. The game ends up with worse consequences than if the problem was faced straight on in the beginning.

Stocks: The Fed poured liquidity into banks which banks poured into stocks, the stock market is artificially inflated and awaits another correction.

Bonds: The Fed is buying worthless bonds and keeping bond issuers afloat, so governments and companies that should have failed are kept alive.

Jobs: The Civilian Labor Force numbers are intentionally fudged lower so that the unemployment rate looks better. Although 200,000 more jobs per month are needed to maintain the unemployment level, we had 36,000 jobs added in January 2011 and by pure magic the unemployment rate goes from 9.4% to 9.0%.

Inflation: Stocks and bonds were inflated by the Fed, and the government bobble-heads claim there's no inflation. The Fed Food index (CPIUFDNS) shows inflation of an index of 217 to 221 (+1.8%) from June 2008 to December 2010. Energy index (CPIENGNS) went from 170 to 220 (+23%) from December 2009 to December 2010. But that's in Dollars. Food inflation in emerging economies are much, much higher, and to stabilize those countries we'd have to subsidize costs raising prices for advanced economies.

So how long can we keep pumping dollars into the economy to keep it inflated without inflating cost of food? How long can we life in a blue-pill economy before the wheels stop turning? Will the fixes be worse by kicking the can down the road because we're afraid to face the problem straight on and fix them?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I heard in past days that unemployment has gone down but that also jobs available have gone down. That's the real ticker here! I know from personal experience that it is only those who had the good fortune to collect unemployment insurance who are counted. For every person who applies, only a small percentage actually get on. They never count those who have tried but were refused. Think about how many families and individuals are on the food stamp roles, there you will find a more accurate accounting of the real numbers of unemployed people.

Talk about not disclosing for fear of rampant panic and societal collapse.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Also quite possible is that Trump shorted the living hell out of the market and is trying to give it a little nudge towards making him more millions.

Not suggesting that his doomsaying is factually incorrect, but I condsider his motives to be about as pure as raw sewerage.

<< 1   >>

join