It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Pole Shift Charts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Another thread! Woo hoo!

I'd like to ask if anyone has made any sort of representation of the possible outcomes of the "shift?" Its supposed to shift in one direction, right? With that said, are there any diagrams, or gifs or anything that would show the pole moving to one spot, or another?

I know it sounds a little vague, but picture a zombie movie. Right after the US Govt discovers the problem, they cut to a room full of scientists that have mapped everything out and show the virus spreading ("And in 48 hours the entire Easters Seaboard will be affected by the virus...").

Have any of those types of diagrams been made and if so, where are they? I'd like to see potential outcomes of a true polar shift. Like landmasses changing, oceans increasing/decreasing in size, etc. Anyone?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Watch 2012 the movie? >_>

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LetsBringIt

LOL

Seriously though, has anyone done that yet? Im interested to see if I should stock my cooler for beach weather, or my backpack for Alpine weather. Either way, Im going to do my best to enjoy this.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicketyCricket
Another thread! Woo hoo!

I'd like to ask if anyone has made any sort of representation of the possible outcomes of the "shift?" Its supposed to shift in one direction, right? With that said, are there any diagrams, or gifs or anything that would show the pole moving to one spot, or another?

I doubt you will find real charts and diagrams. Most science indicates a slow expected shift.

Wiki

That being said, whether you agree with it or not, I'd believe that our gov hasn't spent that much time on it.

But for some really interesting stuff our gov is preparing for look up femas website and spend some time exploring!

Cheers,
Gg

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
There's a very important difference between a magnetic pole shift and a crustal pole shift. You're asking for a map of the world after a magnetic pole shift. If you want one of these, do a Google Image search for "world map", because the world will look exactly the same.

If you're looking for a map of the aftermath of a crustal pole shift, that's a whole other issue. There is this...

huttoncommentaries.com...

But this type of pole shift is highly unlikely.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Thanks for that Wiki.

Id like to challenge someone here to make something like that. If it has been shifting like people say it has been shifting, it should be in one direction, and one can hypothesize based on prior locations of the MNP just about where it should (could) end up.

Using the Tampa Airport fiasco as a measure -
www2.tbo.com...
science.slashdot.org...
(hell I dont care pick any link about it)
Could one deduce where this Pole shift might end? If so, what would/could the corresponding landmasses look like?

It could be a fun little project, and Im not good enough on computers for this, or I'd do it myself.

Also, the links say its moving toward Russia, but that doesnt mean much to me. Maybe it means something more to you folks.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Im ignorant on this subject for the most part, so forgive me if these questions are off base...

The Sun influences weather, right? At least that is what they say about these superstorms, and the like.If that is true, and the Earth's Magnetic field was changing, wouldnt more storms (theoretically) come through and reshape the land masses via deluge(s), droughts, etc?

Im asking along these lines because of the recent storms in Australia. Apparently, officials have resigned themselves to accepting that there is now an inland sea on the continent, that was not there before. Now, I know its waaaaaaay too soon to even consider that being permanent, but, if it were permanent, wouldnt (couldnt) that be the case across the world?

What Im asking is, wouldnt weather patterns be so adversely affected that snow COULD fall all across the Sahara, and the Amazon go bone dry? Wouldnt that affect the landmasses?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RicketyCricket

This is only my opinion (and, if you want, you can check my other posts around here to see how seriously you should take my opinion), but I would say that a magnetic pole shift would have very little effect on land mass. Especially in the case of a full polar reversal, which would leave the earth in pretty much the same condition it was in before the reversal (ignoring what would happen while the field was reversing...things would get back to normal after the fact).

The poles wander naturally, and, over the earth's history, they have "shifted" as far as the equator many times. Sometimes, they keep going and a full reversal occurs. Other times, the poles stop and go back to where they were. In each of these cases, land mass is negligibly affected, because, believe it or not, the earth is actually a pretty stable system. It can take a lot before it finally gives in and falls apart.

However, you're right that weather would probably become more extreme as different areas of the earth get bombarded by an increase in solar and cosmic radiation, and this is probably a hint at what we're beginning to see right now. But severe weather is not a constant... in one area, it could rain for a month and then snow for a month after. The weather changes, so its affect on the land also changes. Trying to predict what the land would look like, with the rain and snow and whatnot, is just like trying to predict what it looks like now with the rain and snow. It's chaotic and entirely unpredictable.
edit on 4-2-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Maps

just Google "future maps of US" and you will find this stuff for days...

edit: to clarify I don't believe in these maps, I consider them though...that is all.
edit on 4-2-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Thats all pretty interesting. I look forward to seeing what, if anything people have to say about all this stuff.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This was a link off that guys youtube video talking about the pole shift...

www.zetatalk.com...

it explains a lot about pole shifts and what to expect etc...

edit on 4-2-2011 by matrixportal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The poles switch every couple thousand years or soo. Look at the graphs form the sea floor. North america and Europe are moving apart, and in the Atlantic ocean, there are bands of N and S. So yeah. Learned it in my earth science class

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Im asking along these lines because of the recent storms in Australia. Apparently, officials have resigned themselves to accepting that there is now an inland sea on the continent, that was not there before. Now, I know its waaaaaaay too soon to even consider that being permanent, but, if it were permanent, wouldnt (couldnt) that be the case across the world?

The weather in Oz has been extreme lately but we have barely 200 years of records to compare it to so the 'normal' extremes for the continent's weather cycle could very well be much much worse. The natives who survived here for tens of thousands of years never built anything and were always ready to relocate with portable bare essentials, all good swimmers from the earliest age too. It's a land of extremes I don't think we've seen the worst of it even yet.

That inland sea fascinated early explorers who noted all the inland rivers appeared to head toward the centre, not the coast, and some expeditions were made trying to find it but all they found was more desert simply by chance, they went at the wrong time. It's known as Lake Eyre and it's slightly below sea level so it naturally collects water from floods which take some months or even over a year to evaporate. This will be the 3rd or 4th time in my lifetime that it's had water in it. It also gets a lot of fish breeding in it which brings huge flocks of pelicans up from the ocean shore for the easy pickings making the next wildlife crisis there being all the stranded pelicans as the water recedes leaving them in the scorching desert. (They overstay and get too weak to make the long flight back).

The key is it's all happened before and will happen again yet life goes on. That applies to magnetic pole movements as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

that site is also linked with this one: poleshift.ning.com...

(I like the info they provide based on facts on one hand, but don't like the story behind some people providing it because that feels like science-fiction, so mixed feelings here)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Here you go, thread with maps, diagrams and facts:

The Magnetic North Pole can move up to 80kms A DAY

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks, S&F for your thread!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Maps

just Google "future maps of US" and you will find this stuff for days...

edit: to clarify I don't believe in these maps, I consider them though...that is all.
edit on 4-2-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

Yes! California will be in the Ocean, take that Hollywood!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

You know, there are normal people that happen to enjoy the awesome weather that live there too, right? I happen to be one of them.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

reply to post by LetsBringIt

LOL

Seriously though, has anyone done that yet? Im interested to see if I should stock my cooler for beach weather, or my backpack for Alpine weather. Either way, Im going to do my best to enjoy this.

Best to prepare for full blown Arctic conditions and stick close to the mountains. If you sink beneath the sea scuba gear won't help. If you do survive(assuming something is going to happen), and don't end up in the "new" Arctic zones you will have time to adapt to the environment. While on the other hand if you pack for the beach and get snow, I give it about 15 minutes top's, if your unlucky.

-------
P.S Remember the Wholly mammoths they found frozen with food from a plain in their gut still? They probably died very quickly from exposure.
edit on 7-2-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

join