It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witnesses: Cop shot unarmed man in Alabama courtroom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Witnesses: Cop shot unarmed man in Alabama courtroom

www.usatoday.com

GOODWATER, Ala. — A Goodwater police officer shot a defendant twice inside the municipal courthouse Thursday after the man became unruly in response to a jail sentence, eyewitnesses said.

Struck by at least one bullet, the man, identified by witnesses as Brian Keith Ford, was taken by helicopter to the hospital at the University of Alabama in Birmingham, where he was in critical condition.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 4-2-2011 by GeminiSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Here we go again with the excessive force, although the official story says the man tried to obtain a gun, several people are quoted as saying the man never went for a gun, was disabled, and was simply swinging his crutches around while yelling at the judge.

Should they have shot the man?? NO

Should they have pepper sprayed him or tazed him as a NON-LETHAL way of defusing the situation? Probably.

Based on witness testimony there was NO immediate threat to anyone's life.

But ofcourse the deputies and judge will probably lie thru their teeth and say he was going for the gun.

If you are a cop in America, you may want to quit your job before its too late. Because no matter how good you are and how moral you are, its cops like these that will paint ALL OF YOU as power crazed maniacs that need to be stopped.

---GeminiSky

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Is it me or has there been just so many of these lately?
Even if he did go for a gun, what kind of cop can't defend himself against a man in crutches? So weak.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The article states that an attorney said he went for the JUDGE's gun. That makes no sense. Personally, I wouldn't expect the judge to have a gun and given that they are usually seated in their "throne" who would know? Besides, if you were on crutches with a broken hip, going for the judge seems impractical if not impossible.

Something definitely seems fishy about this story.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
whats was the cop thinking?!!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'm growing very tired of these things happening. It makes ynu wonder if we the people have any power to do anything about it...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scalded Frog
The article states that an attorney said he went for the JUDGE's gun. That makes no sense. Personally, I wouldn't expect the judge to have a gun and given that they are usually seated in their "throne" who would know? Besides, if you were on crutches with a broken hip, going for the judge seems impractical if not impossible.

Something definitely seems fishy about this story.

Every judge I know has a gun handy on their "throne". Sit in a courtroom for a day and you'll understand why.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The guy had a broke leg with a cast and was on cruches. Yes, I'd say he was a real threat to everyone (sarcasm). Jesus, all someone had to do was go over and push him down. And I don't know the setup of this courtroom, but all the ones I have ever been in, there is no way possible to get close enough to a judge to take his weapon. The judge and LEO's version of this event are BS. I'm sure there is footage somewhere of this (or was until it was "accidentally" lost or deleted).

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
sometimes, I still think to myself theres no place worse than this planet. It is horrible here.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

Technically he was armed with a deadly weapon (the crutch)

Do I condone the officers action. NO! but I can see already how he is going to get off on this.

These incidents are only going to get worse with the more soldiers that come back with PTSS that come back and seek employment in the Law Enforcement field. IMHO

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mudman21
The guy had a broke leg with a cast and was on cruches. Yes, I'd say he was a real threat to everyone (sarcasm). Jesus, all someone had to do was go over and push him down. And I don't know the setup of this courtroom, but all the ones I have ever been in, there is no way possible to get close enough to a judge to take his weapon. The judge and LEO's version of this event are BS. I'm sure there is footage somewhere of this (or was until it was "accidentally" lost or deleted).

No, the man had a broken hip, not a broken leg, and not a cast, and if you had read the article you would have seen that one of the witnesses said he "walked away and the returned screaming at the judge". You are inventing your own version of the story to pass judgement against the LEO. Possibly just like some of the witnesses' stories......................................... You should know that the media story about this is going to dramatize whatever side they are on. You weren't there. You are pulling your view on the issue out of thin air.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kinnerarity

Kinnerarity, you must be a LEO!

The source I read stated that he had a broken foot and was in a cast. And nowhere did it say he left and came back. Besides, is screaming at a judge grounds for being gunned down?

So, no I didn't just make up facts to distort the source provided by the OP!

I'll post my source when I find it b/c I'm sure that will be your comeback!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
IF this story is true as it is reported "IF"
then I would give my first born son to witness this person on the recieving end of some good ol' fashion KARMA!!!!!
I say person because that is exactly what he will be after losing his job.Just a regular person. No badge, no gun, NO AUTHORITAAHHHH!!! So, NO I am not hoping to see violence perpetrated on a Law enforcement professional but I would love to see Karma catch up to him after he becomes a regular citizen.
Ohhh that would be the greatest.
These pigs are on borrowed time in this country because of behavior like this. They need to be rooted out.

Rot in hell PIG for what you did to this man and his family!!!!!
I wouldn't want to be a cop in this country for the world.
The day is fast approaching,lol.

I say it in every PIG thread like this,
If you are a Cop and consider yourself "one of the Good ones" then you had better get right with your creator
and do everything EVERYTHING in your power to weed out corruption within your ranks as well as establish yourself in the community. Go door to door if you have to and let US know that YOU are on OUR side WHEN the Poop hits the fan!!!! People are going to "Wake up" one day and when they do......lol........it's not going to be pretty for PIGS!!!
If you are truely ..."one of the good ones" I pray for you and your family. but you're going to have a choice to make real soon... if you are too F ing stupid to realize what that choice is then there is no help for you.
If you are "ONE of the Good ones" my house will be a safe haven for you. But you'd better be REALLY FKN good.lol

Seriously,
People are not going to take this much longer and I ffear for our country.

IF this story is true...of course.

edit on 4-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scalded Frog
The article states that an attorney said he went for the JUDGE's gun.

Wait a minute...why does the Judge have a gun?
Is this standard operation for courtrooms?
What if the judge has a temper tantrum?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Actually yes. It is standard procedure for judges to be armed ! Threats made against judges are an every day occurrence. Specially in divorce proceedings and custody battles. More so in criminal division but at least once a day in our countries court rooms a judge is assaulted or threatened. Some judges might deserve it but most follow the law as written and only hand out sentences and judgments by the facts presented to them. I don't know of many folks that like being on the short end of a judgment but they do sometimes loose it and go after the judge.

Zindo

top topics

join