It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gifford"s husband to fly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Gifford

news.yahoo.com

HOUSTON – The astronaut husband of wounded Rep. Gabrielle Giffords said his wife would be "very comfortable" with his decision to go back into space and he expects her to be at his launch in April.

Space shuttle commander Mark Kelly wouldn't go into details about her condition during a news conference Friday, and deflected questions about how he knows she supports his choice to fly.

"I know her very well and she would be very comfortable with the decision that I made," he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 4-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2011 by liejunkie01 because: darn article heading. I can never get it all straight

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well, I know I posted a thread asking if he should fly or not and got a little flack. If it is in his blood to fly he needs to follow his calling. It looks like he will fly and I wish him the best of luck on his mission. I think that it will be interesting to see her at the launch. What is your thoughts on him flying? What is your thoughts on her attending the launch?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

My thoughts on him flying.. eh really It's no surprise.
I don't know that I would leave my loved one, but different folks.
As for her being there, he just said he expects her there, doesn't mean she will be.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

My thoughts on him flying.. eh really It's no surprise.
I don't know that I would leave my loved one, but different folks.
As for her being there, he just said he expects her there, doesn't mean she will be.

Thats what I was kind of thinking, about not being surprised. When I posted before about the subject people got all hasty and said that he should be by her side. He is a professional and that is his career. That is what he has worked for most of his life. You just don't stumble into NASA and say, I want to fly rockets. You work for it for years. I would leave my lady sitting on the ground in a heartbeat. She will be o.k., and it is not like he can't talk to her while he is up there. If that makes me an a$$, then I appologize. I would love to go up and hang out on the station for a while. Professionally of course.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Astronauts cherish their time in space, and it's not likely they would give up that opportunity unless a loved one was literally on their deathbed, and even then it's no guarantee. They get to do something that most of us could only dream of, and if they miss their window to fly they might not get a second shot at it, especially with the shuttle program coming to an end soon.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Yeah.. Honestly, I'd probably prefer the view from space to the view inside a hospital. It would be harder to leave with a loved one hurt, but if they were absolutely stable I would probably go to.

And as the above poster said.. it's not like he can just up and go whenever he wants.
May be his last chance to do it ever again.
edit on 5-2-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join