It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Youth Unemployment Bomb

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
pro life tip for any young person who wants a job, DO THE FOLLOWING

Either

train as a commercial diver, this equals MASSIVE payouts, however work may be erratic due to the nature of contracts and your tickets to be rated at low depths can run into ten of thousands of dollars. South Africa is about the cheapest.

OR study Instrumentation at college, it doesnt matter where you study, nobody cares, as long as you have a qualification. Instrument calibration will earn you hundreds of dollars an hour basicaly. However you do have to have a brain, very technical.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
they should fast track programs intended for eventual human colonization of space. then all they'd have to do is ask for volunteers and strap them to rockets for mars or wherever. problem solved
... incidentally, the U.S. prison population has exceeded 2 Million.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
double post
edit on 2.6.11 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Where are all these young people saying there's plenty of jobs coming from? I graduated from university with a 2:1 degree then ended up unemployed for over a year, I also had to do community service type work such as litter picking in order to keep receiving my jobseekers allowance. I now have a job working in a warehouse for peanuts and the jobs only gauranteed for 6 months. I dont know one person on my course at university who has got a job relevant to their degree. I'm from the uk btw.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I think a lot of us who are saying "it's easy to find a job" are from Australia. Anyone who is open minded & willing to work can easily find one here. Generally, it's just the lazy and dole bludgers that won't.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
lol the problem is so many kids go for the easy degree!
I took a few years off university before going back. All of my friends who have graduated with 4 years do not have jobs,, or atleast real career type jobs they want. But thats what happens when you go for a easy BS degree like business or liberal arts. Theres just to many people doing those!

My advice, get a degree that is actually worth something like nursing, teaching, or what I do, IT!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It's damn near impossible to get a job where I am from. Put out 70 applications recently to no avail. When a job does open up theres tons of competition for it. I'm talking basic jobs.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Somehow the system that processes young people and turns them into workers and members of society seems broken on a global scale.
This is really the key, isn't it? The machine that produces slaves out of freemen is unable to process the youth. It is unable to complete their initiation into the clockwork society. The totalitarian infrastructure is failing, and the youth are seeping through the cracks - they are becoming free, and restless in great numbers.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Well, if you define free people as "people unable to earn for their own life even if they want, thus being completelly dependent on government or other people solidarity, not having a choice" and slaves as "people who can freely provide for themselves if they want to, having a choice to stay dependent on the other people or not" then I agree. But I think your "free people" fulfill the definition of slaves far more than those who can get a job.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

People in the Formal Economy are the ones dependent on government handouts. Official, regulated jobs are the domain of the government. Unofficial, informal work is outside of the government's purview and is sometimes referred to as the black market. In the black market, everyone is free, and true capitalism exists.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by silent thunder

Well speaking for us here in Australia I can say honestly there is no issues with getting a job..

Some of the younger ones do expect a bit too much and are loathe to start at the bottom though..
Others see how well our Government pays them to sit at home playing online games and prefer to do that..

But with very few exceptions, anyone can get work in Australia.
Maybe not in your chosen field, but a job is a job..

Have you been looking for a job recently in Australia? are you in a permanent job already and don't actually have to look for work.

I am aware of huge numbers of folks who have went to Australia looking for work. I know one person who got a permanent job. Occasionally a few will get a small bit of part time work but a lot of folks cant make ends meet. Australia visited many countries advertising work. Many responded. People are going over and end up living off all the money they saved and have to go back home broke then. Its like a huge con. I know many people this has happend to. People who are quite prepared to work their ass off and always have.

The word has got out about Australia and the low chance of getting work so people are beginning to learn. The exact same thing is happening with Canada now. Too many people heading over there. Same thing happening.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
Where are all these young people saying there's plenty of jobs coming from? I graduated from university with a 2:1 degree then ended up unemployed for over a year, I also had to do community service type work such as litter picking in order to keep receiving my jobseekers allowance. I now have a job working in a warehouse for peanuts and the jobs only gauranteed for 6 months. I dont know one person on my course at university who has got a job relevant to their degree. I'm from the uk btw.

Seasoned commentators in this area admit it will be the young people who start the revolution. The colleges are pouring out young , highly educated people with no chance of employment. Your a lucky one that has actually a little work.

The governemnts actually seem to be purposely trying to anger people with their policices at the moment and I can't help feeling the really are tring to instigate trouble. This is something I refuse to believe but its looking more and more like it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

The article says the young are unemployed against their will and cannot find work even when they want - not even in the black market.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join