It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s with all the disenfranchised?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I read a thread within the last twenty-four hours and must say the majority of replies were as anti-American as its author. Perhaps I have been nieve. I’d always visited this site for the much needed distraction; reading intriguing reports on UFO’s (the most of which I believe can be explained by government/private sector experimental aircraft), “new agey” philosophies on metaphysics, the theories on inter-dimensional beings/travel, etc. Yet I am truly astounded at the perpetuation of the concept that the U.S.A. is secretly run by a “cabal” of evildoers.

In order to support my thesis, I guess now is the time to present a list of all the amazingly humanitarian acts America has done in order to keep some semblance of “quality of life” for those in desperate need. I don’t think we have the time, bandwidth or attention span required for this endeavor. However, at the risk of sounding cliché, the best way to prove my point is to encourage those disenfranchised with my country, to permanently reside somewhere else. Also, by all means, remain true to your convictions and never spend your tourist dollars on a return visit (you don’t need to be reminded of what you’re missing). Go find your Utopia. My guess though, you’ll find every populated land mass has had a few Waterloos.

Additionally, the United States’ desire to acquire wealth is not country-specific. From cavemen to convicts, Sumerians to sultans, trading one thing (something of “value”) for goods/services has been around since time began. Its simple: the more you have, the more you can provide for yourself and your family. There’s nothing diabolical about it.

It saddens me that being anti-American is considered “cool” at the moment. It’s even more depressing that our heroes, those in the armed forces, are feeling disconnected. Growth doesn’t happen without some pain. Alas, there will never be “perfection” on this planet. So I plead with my fellow ATS members, someone wrap foil around a Frisbee, toss it in the air, take the photo, post it and let’s have some old school conspiracy fun!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I dont care anything about being cool but I do care that my country has gone to hell in the last few years.
It started (for me anyway) in the 90s when an entire compound full of people were burned alive in Waco Tx and a mother was shot in the head by an FBI sniper (while holding her baby) in Ruby Ridge Idaho.
Then 9/11 (who caused it doesnt matter) transformed us into a crazed war mongering, fascist country thats so paranoid of its own citizens that they have to place monitors at Wal Mart Checkout lines to advise you on how to snitch on your fellow citizen.

Oh and also, the torture of prisoners of war (remember when we were supposed to be the good guys that didnt allow this kind of thing to happen and spoke out against countries that did?)

I grew up in the 70's/80's and believed all of our Govts Cold War propaganda and now our Govt has turned our country into a fascist police state whos politicians are terrified of the very same people that put them in office.

Id say I have a right to be "disenfranchised", whether it makes me cool or not.

However, at the risk of sounding cliché, the best way to prove my point is to encourage those disenfranchised with my country, to permanently reside somewhere else.

What gives you the right to determine who should or should not stay in this country?
You expect people that arent happy with the direction that their politicians are taking their country, to just up and run instead of fight to make it a better place?

Mexico is a prime example of what youre asking Americans to do.
Instead of fighting against the Govt corruption, they choose to leave and flood our country with uneducated poor and usually illegal immigrants..
edit on 4-2-2011 by Animatrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

I thank you for your reply. While we have different views, it was looking pretty sad not having any replies... Sadly, I spent all morning composing something that no one is going to read!

edit on 4-2-2011 by Dumbblonde because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbblonde

Sadly, I spent all morning

All morning?
You chose your name well.

Im just kidding, I couldnt resist..

new topics

top topics

join