It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All right Corporate America Listen… Up!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
So; after glancing over most of the posts, the reason for America’s high unemployment is: corrupt Dem and Rep administrations, bad trade acts & regulations being passed, bad presidential decisions, high labor cost, bad employees, expensive company lawyers, mandatory external audits, pensions plans, high medical insurance, etc., greedy shareholder’s, labor unions (we still have labor unions?), wall street brokers, money stealing CEO’s (large bonuses), bribes being paid, and the ever powerful bankers, and I’m sure many other reasons I missed.

Bottom Line: only we the people can save our country…how we go about that is the big question???

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Bottom Line: only we the people can save our country…how we go about that is the big question???

I will post this again.

USE the system our forefathers gave us and fight from within!

SpartanKingLeonidas suggests things like forming a think tank, forming a nonprofit, running for office.

The key is to remember we have been given the weapons to fight TPTB, and no I am not talking about guns.

FREE SPEECH:
Not protests, they are useless. I am talking about communicating information. I visit Flea markets, Farmers markets and Auctions and handout index cards with a punch list to google. I ask people to tell ten of their friends and to ask them to do the same.

Second: Take a leaf out of The fully informed jury movement www.fija.org...

Inform the public and THEN pass state laws.

We have a RIGHT to a trial by jury in criminal matters or in civil matters over $20. Jurors have the RIGHT to NULLIFY laws. That is what "case law" is all about.

Informed jury amendments have been filed as an initiative in seven states and legislation has been introduced in the Alaska state legislature....

Today, the constitutions of only two states -- Maryland and Indiana -- clearly declare the nullification right, although two others -- Georgia and Oregon -- refer to it obliquely. The informed jury movement would like all states to require that judges instruct juries on their power to serve, in effect, as the final legislature of the land concerning the law in a particular case....

Those who have endorsed the right of a jury to judge both the law and the facts include Chief Justice John Jay, Samuel Chase, Dean Roscoe Pound, Learned Hand and Oliver Wendell Holmes. According to the Yale Law Journal in 1964, during the first third of the 19th century judges did inform juries of the right, forcing lawyers to argue "the law -- its interpretation and validity -- to the jury." By the latter part of the century, however, judges and state law were increasingly moving against nullification. In 1895 the US Supreme Court upheld the principle but ruled that juries were not to be informed of it by defense attorneys, nor were judges required to tell them about it... prorev.com...

The Ten Amendment (State Nullification) is another critical issue.
www.tenthamendmentcenter.com...

Another weapon, one every single one of us should be pushing for, is a state law allowing voters to recall federal Senators and Representatives as well as state officals.

The biggest Achilles Heel of TPTB is the local and state governments. TPTB has tried to control it by using controlled "grassroots" organizations called NGOs who lure "Activists" into the likes of the World Wildlife Federation. SEE: www.ogiek.org...

TPTB has always run the Democrats and Republicans BUT often not at the state level!

OH and here is another State Level idea. I really want to see the Federal Reserve - Hung, Drawn and Quartered - but in the mean time this looks like an alternative.

While bank bailouts fatten Wall Street, states continue to battle the credit crisis. In the search for innovative solutions, some political candidates are proposing that states generate their own credit by setting up their own banks.

See:
CAMPAIGNING FOR STATE-OWNED BANKS: www.webofdebt.com...
THE GROWING MOVEMENT FOR PUBLICLY-OWNED BANKS: www.webofdebt.com...

The biggest weapon that TPTB has is our feeling that we are helpless. DO NOT LET THEM USE IT!

And Yes I have given this a great deal of thought. I spent today at a Farm Show passing out cards and talking to people until my spouse dragged me home.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

OOPS!
I forgot to add a very important idea.

Another weapon, one every single one of us should be pushing for, is state law allowing voters to recall federal Senators and Representatives as well as state officials.
Recall Congress Now Org

However this will be a bitterly fought battle. The last thing TPTB wants is their pet legislators worried about what the voters want instead of what they have been bribed to do.

While 18 of the 50 United States offer their citizens an opportunity to recall their elected officials, it is a fact that in our nation’s history, no federal legislator has yet been recalled.

It has not been for lack of interest. Rather, the process has languished in part due to debates on whether or not legal authority exists for recall of U.S. Senators and Congressmen; and, in the case of Idaho, interference by a state court prevented recall of a federal legislator....

After reviewing the body of law and opinion concerning recall, it is apparent that if recall of federal legislators is to succeed, it will likely only be after an intense battle in the federal court system as to the degree to which the courts will go to allow the literal meaning of the Tenth Amendment to be in force and effect.

As this author reads this language, it appears clear that " the States ‘ and " the people " living with in them, should be recognized to have the right of recall.

But in order to implement a strategy that will enable recall petitions to result in actual removal of errant Senators and Congressmen, considerable legal and political obstacles will present themselves and can only be overcome by understanding the lengths to which those opposed to recall can be expected to go...

Eighteen states have recall provisions. Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, and Wisconsin all have recall of some kind available to their voters. Only seven of these states require any grounds.
www.uscitizensassociation.com...

Judges: Appointed vs elected? That is another question we as voters need to think very very carefully about.

Fight at the Federal level if we can but we must ATTACK at the state level NOW.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
People will always seek-out the cheaper option.

On and Off-Topic you can be the judge, but in the end it all ties in with what you are saying I guess.

Personally, I think that people should only holiday in other countries and not actually live there, Nothing should be foreign owned in the country, businesses should only source materials from other country's as a last resort.. Stop the poaching of skilled workers from other country's or keep them for a short amount of time (working holiday).

There's a fair few pro's and cons regarding this I know, but think of what it could achieve if you let all this play out, people would have to adapt.

Psychotic? maybe...but I like how chinas configuration on employment is set out, how each person is given select employment before they are already born...to an extent, so that there is not an over-supply of any one job.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Nice try but they don't care. If our government tried to force them to our wishes they'd simply move to other countries with new citizenship. So that means we have to outsmart them. It is in this area that we have the only and best chance of success.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
As long as we keep buying from them and working for them, not a lot can change, can it?

They killed our unions leaving individuals to fend for themselves, then with no unions to unify us they killed our pensions that in many cases people labored under a contract for decades and sent our jobs offshore, then they made us load into 401Ks and our own investments and robbed those too, then they killed the value of our homes. Sound like a plan to me.

And don't you dare go calling people who worked 25, 30, or 35 years under a contract guaranteeing them a pension greedy for not wanting to give that up. They earned it.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Admire your sentiment! But seriously they see you as a dot! This thread will prove nothing even though I believe your heart is in the right place! Sorry but the truth is they see everyone except themselves (Even other business elites) as disposable fodder! sad but it is the truth! The only way you will ever get them to listen is to seriously threaten their massive incomes over a long period of time! You could affect them in the short term but they have enough wealth to see it through longer than the masses!

<< 1  2   >>

join