It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wireless PC to HDMI TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
here is a link to a great product. I installed one of these the other day. It worked way better than I had expected. It made the idea of Netflix or any movie/TV display from the PC seem like it would be worth while. Audio works too with HDMI. Cost is very affordable and picture quality is perfect. If anyone has any questions on the install, let me know. This was too good not to share it.

edit on 4-2-2011 by network dude because: added video

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Do not use wireless, but looks liek a good product for you lot who do, and also for the tv.

So your going from usb out, to hdmi, and speaker out?
edit on 2/4/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Do not use wireless, but looks liek a good product for you lot who do, and also for the tv.

So your going from usb out and speaker out, to wireless hdmi?

I think it's actually USB to HDMI or VGA

Edit: The resolution is somewhat limited as it's not capable of full HD, but other than that it looks good.
edit on 4-2-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Thats what i see, but does it work well. Does that play hd movies?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by warbird03

Thats what i see, but does it work well. Does that play hd movies?

1080p is full HD, which the device he linked can't handle. It can do 720p though, which in most cases is just fine.

Edit: I might be tempted to pick one up myself for gaming, assuming there's no delay in the signal.
edit on 4-2-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

You do realize you can do this with cables for a few dollars vs. $120 right? Though I can see where wireless could be very handy in some instances.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's real hard to tell the difference between 1080 and 720 for most eyeballs. Andy, this will enable your PC to display on the TV, it isn't about wireless networking. If you want to see your PC in large format, it's the stuff. Movies are cool too. If you want to pipe this into a surround sound, you would need an audio cable conversion. But the audio in HDMI to the TV is fine. DVD's or whatever look nice. I was expecting a crappy picture for what this thing costs, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CayceFan

Yep there will always be people willing to pay for it, if they do not mind wireless.

But your right, far cheaper with cables, that would cost 5 bucks.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I know whats it about, i have a computer hooked upto my tv as htpc. lol, i think i have some idea of what pcs can do in this circumstances lol.

There will always be someone willing to buy something like this, but i would buy cables.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CayceFan

yea with a new laptop or PC with HDMI out you can do it with a cable, but with this, you can hook up any PC with USB to any HDMI TV. It just opens up a lot of ideas. I was installing projectors in board rooms and having to run VGA cables and audio out to a processor. With this, I can limit my cable runs and let the presenter be truly mobile. Plus it's just so frickin cool.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

It doesn't need to be a laptop nor does it have to have an HDMI out. DVI also gives HD, You can also do it with S-video and VGA or SVGA though not HD. (Most all laptops have one or the other). A desktop PC will also work if its close enough to your TV. If you don't have a TV out you can replace your video card for cheap (less than $20) that has a TV out.

edit on 4-2-2011 by CayceFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Dude that's actually a kick ass idea I love it !!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Being able to stream hd to other pc in your home is directly relying on your wireless routers capability and your pc.

it requires dedicated streaming load from the wireless of about 40 mbps ..if your doing
a "g" router..forget it...

setup an "n" router and n cards in your pc... Then add windows 7... You can usualy
stream hd as long as there is no other traffic on your router....

(best advice get a router just for your video)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

edit on 3/29/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ZOMBIEMASTER

Except that's not what this is referring to at all. Besides, G is capable of 54 mbps so even if your statement of 40 mbps is correct, a G router is quite capable of it.

All that aside, start reading threads before posting terrible advice.

top topics

join