It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why sometimes I do not care about the whole zionist/imperialism war agenda...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
"A 14-year-old Bangladeshi girl allegedly raped by a much older cousin has died after being publicly flogged for adultery, media reports said.

Hena Begum was sentenced to receive 100 lashes by a village council made up of elders and Muslim clerics in the district of Shariatpur, about 35 miles from the capital, Dhaka, the BBC said today."

Link:
www.aolnews.com...|hp-desktop|dl3|sec3_lnk2|199223

This is absurd.

I cannot say I almost cried but I wish I did almost cry instead of feeling rage. SAD. VERY SAD. I almost want to bomb those animals as well... God forgive me for saying that for a plethora of reasons. My morals almost leave me at news such as this. God forgive me please.
edit on 2/4/2011 by pa.Frost because: I forgot to add quotation marks.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pa.Frost

Does anyone else wonder why we tour countries in which atrocities are abound? It is not funny. I imagine myself in this girls' (?) eyes and rage ensues. How can you even lash a 14 year old even once?!?!?! What is wrong with people...

Shariah law is too strict and only protects those who are in power.

Cut a hand off for stealing?
Murder for simple offenses?
**** that.

I agree that USA laws are too lenient as people are not afraid to get locked up as they have access to books and television (even cable is some areas).

If we can afford to give criminals a righteous living can we afford hospitals and free health care as we do police and fire? Debate assuredly ensues on this social matter.
edit on 2/4/2011 by pa.Frost because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/4/2011 by pa.Frost because: to 2 too

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pa.Frost

US laws aren't too lenient, they're socio-economically tilted, just like in every other police state. The only way the US is lenient is that they haven't figured out what to do with dissidents yet. So, they try and get around it by criminalizing certain victimless actions and setting fines (which might as well be a flat tax for how unequal they are as a form of punishment).

And as far as the young teen girl, I'm sorry to say that when you oppress a nation with violence, expect violence (inward or outward) to be the result.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

They'll never have the chance to figure it out.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
As much as I hate to say this, this is their country and should be allowed to do as they please.

But if we're going to be an actual policeman of the world, then we better do it 'right'.

new topics

top topics

join