It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***US working on plan to replace Mubarak***

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

There is another name that should be on that list but Mubarak still has him in jail.

Correction - he's out I believe but currently banned from being president

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 4-2-2011 by justwokeup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
this is a big mistake.
Sulieman is a CIA Stooge.

If you do not know bout this guy
let me tell you why Sulieman should
NOT be president in Egypt.

Remember those foreign CIA Torture
Facilities where the US sent those
Al Queda detainees for water boarding
and torture to get info out of them?
Sulieman in Egypt was the man that over
saw the Egyptian aspect of those CIA
torture chambers. He was the CIA's
point man in Egypt for those ops.

He has blood on his hands AND
is tied to the CIA. Putting him into power
would be no different than bringing Hitler
back from the grave.

This is the part that is not fair to the Egyptians.
They are not being given any real choices
for leadership.

1) Mubarek is a 30 yr dictator sympathetic to Israel and put in place by the US.

2) Sulieman is a CIA Asset who tortures people in secret CIA prisons.

3) El Baredi has ties to the NWO and George Soros.

4) Muslim Brotherhood's candidates want a Holy War with Israel.

There are no real choices here for Egyptians.
they are being blindsided from 4 different sides
and they are ALL bad.

I feel sorry for them not having a good honest choice.
Egyptians cannot fight 4 different enemies.

edit on 2/4/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

You are correct about this guy. Be careful what you wish for Egyptians cause its only gonna get worse if you let this guy in charge.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
First of all the U.S should stay out of this as this is an egypt issue and should be handled internally unless mubarak massacres these people. If they want to help cancel all military aid to egypt. At the moment it looks as though the protestors are growing and they had record numbers today all around egypt. From every person I have heard interviewed they all seem to be pretty level headed in regards to what they want. They want mubarak out, el baradei doesn't have the support of the people, theres no way they want suleiman as president. These people are not stupid they want a true leader of the people. There are no political forces guiding these protestors, this is a peoples protest who have had enough and are determined to die for a better egypt for themselves and for their future generation. Let the people of egypt decide who they want to represent them!

Would also like to add that the muslim brotherhood has very little to no support of these protestors
edit on 4-2-2011 by Canadianpride420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread just this morning where we have gone into detail regards the agenda behind TPTB leaving Mubarak out to dry. Some very intelligent posts after mine which can be seen from different angles

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
I would like to take this thread on to another direction and ask what is next. But first I want to call out those that believe this is just all going to end peacefully & has no major bearing in the Islamic world. Your Ignorance has been officially denied. .

What’s going on in probably the most important nation that shares borders with Israel & the Gaza strip is not some peaceful transformation & if you can’t see that, then it will be you that asks why nothing was done sooner.
I want to address why the head puppet Obama is seemingly willing & to let this occur. Mubarak initially said he would stay until September but after a little pressure applied by the so called leader of the free world, he has since been heard & thought to be ready to leave any day. So why are the puppet masters behind the scenes insisting that Mubarak must leave. I want to hear opinions and thoughts of what the agenda is. All of us here know that these things are planned with the intentions of knowing what will come about. Obama has taken to the stage & acted his role with a very heartless demeanour by reading clear statements then retreating before any questions can be asked. What is the agenda? What is their vision for Egypt, possibly the most important country strategically in the Arab world? A country that has a land bridge that links North Africa to the middle-east sharing borders with the two most important lands in the region, Israel & Gaza. Make no mistake Egypt is in very real danger of fallen by the wayside & into the hands of the extremists, these events are without doubt the most important in recent years & what happens here will decide what kind of a world we could end up with. I see a few reasons as to why TPTB are happy to hang Mubarak out to dry, but why are they prepared to risk Egypt fallen into the hands of the Extremists? Don’t be fooled, TPTB know what they are doing, they have their own agenda & they see this going a certain way, but which way?
Here’s what i can initially come up with:

1) They are taking the risk in the hope that Egypt will fall into the hands of another western friendly government. It’s a risky move. But why take that risk? I say hope, but do they already have the friendlies positioned and know it will be fine. I don’t like this option because as I've proclaimed, the brotherhood are not friendlies & they are positioning themselves ready to take control.

2) They are prepared for it to become an Islamic state & see profit in leaving Israel in real danger & will leave their foes out to dry & easy target for the Jihadists that move in over time. Which will end in serious war & destruction all over the place. In which case, I question your government, TPTB may have already been infiltrated & want this new Islamic world to roll in to town.

3) And my personal favourite. They know what is about to be bestowed upon Egypt, they know Egypt has potential to become a very real & very dangerous front line, but in TPTB’s own dirty little agenda they are happy to let the extremists get a sniff of success whilst letting a little bit of time pass before sending the Americans in to take over Egypt, enabling them to conquer yet another piece of the Middle-Eastern Jigsaw, tying up borders with their staunch allies Israel & making new headway in their takeover of the middle-east.

I ask, because no-one has yet discussed the agenda at play here. No-one has yet confronted the real risk that Obama is taking by turning his back on a once reliable ally. Are they really behind all of this to enable number 3, for their own greed & agenda. Yes money will be made, more fear will be instilled in people but the war machine moves on & conquers yet more land. Oh its a crazy world & its unfolding in front of our eye’s. There’s a game going on & just what direction their dirty little games goes in will affect us all in the end.
When Kissinger comes out & gives his support to Obama, alarm bells must surely start ringing in your ears, but are you listening?

THREAD CAN BE FOUND HERE

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420
First of all the U.S should stay out of this as this is an egypt issue and should be handled internally unless mubarak massacres these people. If they want to help cancel all military aid to egypt. At the moment it looks as though the protestors are growing and they had record numbers today all around egypt. From every person I have heard interviewed they all seem to be pretty level headed in regards to what they want. They want mubarak out, el baradei doesn't have the support of the people, theres no way they want suleiman as president. These people are not stupid they want a true leader of the leader. There are no political forces guiding these protestors, this is a peoples protest who have had enough and are determined to die for a better egypt for themselves and for their future generation. Let the people of egypt decide who they want to represent them!

Would also like to add that the muslim brotherhood has very little to no support of these protestors

You don't say huh?

Islamic Militants Support Egyptian Protesters

AMMAN, Jordan -- Islamic militants took to the Internet to call on Muslims to unite behind Egyptian protesters and not to "waste the chance" to topple President Hosni Mubarak and claim power in the North African nation. Some extremist websites urged Muslims to rally after Friday prayers and to back the fundamentalist Muslim Brotherhood, which is the largest opposition group in Egypt. "On Friday, huge crowds should emerge from mosques and the Islamists should unite and work together with other parties and leaders of the protests," said a statement posted on Muslim.Net, a website associated with Al Qaeda. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
reply to post by boondock-saint

There is another name that should be on that list but Mubarak still has him in jail.
Correction - he's out I believe but currently banned from being president

en.wikipedia.org...

2 things to note here:

1) he is not in the best of health

2) even if elected, TPTB may not allow him to
serve up any changes as he would probably
have an accident of some sort.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
You are correct about this guy. Be careful what you wish for Egyptians cause its only gonna get worse if you let this guy in charge.

and thanks for the confirmation

star 4 u

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Yea way to prove my point it says they support the protestors not the other way around. Of course they will support any chance to topple the regime. El Baradei made an appearance in the protest too does that mean they are all supporters of him?...Geez man if your going to argue with my post at least provide evidence that goes against what I say

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Canadianpride420

Again from the same article

The Muslim Brotherhood, which is officially banned and calls for rule by Islamic law in Egypt, has joined the protesters in calling for Mubarak's ouster. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

While the Brotherhood claims to have closed its paramilitary wing long ago, it has fought politically to gain power. It has also built a nationwide charity and social network that much of Egypt's population depends on for survival because of widespread poverty and problems with basic services -- complaints at the center of the uprising. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

It would be a safe bet that they are pretty cozy with the protesters to say the least.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
And I am not sure what news you have been watching but the news I have been watching (Al Jazeera) has shown the pro Mobarak people fighting with the pro democratic people, not either side fighting off the brotherhood and denouncing them? Only a fool would believe that the brotherhood is not steering the events happening over there for whatever reason.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I think we both can agree that the muslim brotherhood will do what it can to take power and that there are muslim brotherhood members amongst the corwds but what I was saying is that the majority of those protestors do not support the muslim brotherhood or el baradei. They want a leader that will work for them and not another organization and that is the opinion of the majority of the protestors

I find it comical that you have watch al jazeera but say there has been no talks of denoucning the MB...I have heard on that station numerous reports when the reporter asks a demonstrator if they support the MB or El Baradei and again the majority say they want mubarak and his regime gone and a new democratic government that doesn't belong to existing organizations...also funny you say you watch al jazeera but the article you quote is from foxnews...Only someone who is uneducated and has not been following the events in egypt couldpossibly believe that these protestors are muslim brotherhood supporters...Find me a link saying these protestors support the MB, not the other way around!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Canadianpride420

Hopefully your right and they do choose to keep fighting until they have chosen, and not just roll for the first group to promise them the moon. So far they are being firm and holding to what they want I guess time will tell.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Yes I too hope for a true leader theres no doubt El Baradei, the MB and the current regime will do whatever they can to take power or remain in power. These brave egyptians have had enough and I hope they find someone who will lead them to a free and democratic egypt that works for the people of egypt and not a separate organization

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mrno1

First of all let me say, why? Why do we (U.S.) always feel that it's our duty to go and help other countries when there are plenty people here that need help too? I feel Egypt can handle themselves. They don't need big brother U.S. to come and save them! STOP BEING CAPT. SAVE-A-COUNTRY!!!!!!!!

Haven't you noticed how the Egyptians, and the rest of the world are demanding to know what we think?
What we are going to do? Who will we support? What will the President do? Will we intervene? Mubarak waiting for his little tete e tetes with Obama.?

Good lord. It's been like from day one they are focusing on the US, demanding to know what we think, and then either being disturbed and ticked off, or thrilled with the responses.

All this mess begins, then it's all eyes on the US to "do something, do something", wanting us, or insisting that we take sides. So, why can't they stop depending on us to make decisions and take actions?

Nothing would personally please me more than to stay out of this situation, but the "world" is not going to let that happen.

The US will blamed if we take actions and make advisements, and blamed if we don't.
Same story, different country.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I see where you are coming from but I think you guys have that reputation based on past events..Usually whenever there is a problem in the world the u.s feels compelled to step in and provide a solution..I'm against that thought as you are but I think your governments actions in the past have warranted the perspective of, "what will the u.s. do about this?"

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Didnt suprise me that they would replace one corrupt NWO puppet with another as quick as possible.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
My take -- A few points:

1: This has nothing to do with whether or not the US would like to "help" Egypt. Mubarak is a dictator who has been willing to cooperate with the US and Isreal. In return Eygpt recieves approximately 1.8 billion in government aid from the US. Guess ho controls where that money goes.

2: Mubarak has been allowed to stay in power. His atrocities are documented. Political prisoners, rape that has been unpunished, citizens murdered trying to cross into Isreal, disregard of UN refugee mandates as well as plenty of others.

3: While I am in no way a fan of G.W. Bush, I will say that this is one of the few positive outcomes of his presidency. Most of the anti-mubarak protests can be linked back to support for several seperate grass roots organizations pushing for the democracy of Egypt. Among these groups was the Muslim Brotherhood.

4: These protests are the culmination of grass roots organizations; while the Muslim Brotherhood is one of the largest, it is not the only one. The protests are for a true democratization of Egypt, not to push in a muslim dictatorship. That is what the Egyptians have under Mubarak -- although it would be classified as a military dictatorship technically -- and the rulers before him.

5: Just because there are muslim organizations does not mean that the country will fall into sharia law nor that it supports terrorism,. Case in point, look at the south pacific island countries. There have been only a few select communities that have enforced a sharia law type local government yet the governments at large do not and are controled by Islamic parties. Also, if you talk to anyone that has done any studing in or around Egypt, they will tell you that the Muslim Brotherhood has been very outspoken against violence for over 40 years. Just because they are muslim doesn't mean they are the next taliban. Do I know where they would take they government? No; however, i feel Egyptians should have the right to collectively chose their own path through a democratic system.

Back on the main topic: Is it a problem for the US to have the muslim brotherhood elected as the next government? Absolutely (see bottom of post for clarification). Mubarak and his predecessors have been controlable and frankly, greedy. A truly democratic elected government will not. The US also has major stakes in the oil industry in Egypt especially when you consider the large percentage of the worlds supply is shipped out through Egypt. Its purely foreign policy and has nothing to do with the US feeling "sorry" for the Egyptians. There is also the Isreali foreign policy goals that are also taken into account, which Mubarak has supported.

Also want to add one more point. Foriegn Policy in the past has dictated that you prop up a dictator in the center of a foreign country, allowing the backing government to have influence over the surrounding populace and region. That is what has happened in Egypt and the Middle East at large since the fall of colonialism and has been a succesful strategy with few hiccups (ie; taliban) following the cold war.

Edit: while i added the muslim brotherhood comments into the piece, they are not the major factor. I mainly used them as an example since they have been touted by the media do to "Muslim" in the name and the fact that they do have an anti-isreal foreign view they get the press. The movement is really about grass roots reform.
edit on 4-2-2011 by cypwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mrno1

First of all let me say, why? Why do we (U.S.) always feel that it's our duty to go and help other countries when there are plenty people here that need help too? I feel Egypt can handle themselves. They don't need big brother U.S. to come and save them! STOP BEING CAPT. SAVE-A-COUNTRY!!!!!!!!

The answer to why the US "feels that it's our duty" is Israel. Two very interesting articles that I came across today: Critical Connections: Egypt, the US, and Israel

by Alison Weir, February 05, 2011

The violent creation, perpetuation, and expansion of a state based on ethnic expulsion of the majority inhabitants has been central to Middle East dynamics ever since Israel was created by European and American Zionists in 1948 as a self-identified "Jewish State."

Israeli leaders and outside observers realized from the very beginning that the only way to maintain such a violently imposed, ethnically based nation-state was through military dominance of the region. For Israel to achieve this military dominance required two things:

(1) The creation of a military more powerful than all the others in the region combined. Israel has achieved this through a uniquely massive influx of US tax dollars and technology, occasionally purloined but largely procured through the machinations of its lobby. (Among other things, Israel has several hundred nuclear weapons, a fact almost never mentioned by American media or the American government.)

(2) The prevention of any other nation in the region from becoming a threat. Israel has attained this goal through several strategies: divide and conquer techniques, direct invasions and attacks (or pushing the U.S. to carry out attacks), and the propping up of despots who would openly or tacitly agree (sometimes in return for similarly large influxes of American tax money) not to support the rights of those oppressed and ethnically cleansed by Israel.

The 30 year dictatorship of Mubarak is explainable by no (2) above.

For the past 30-plus years, Egypt has been among those despotic regimes supported by the U.S. and Israel in return for turning its back on Palestinians.

The Egypt-Israeli peace treaty of 1979 has occasionally been mentioned in news reports on the current uprising. That treaty was an arrangement in which the Egyptian leader of the time, Anwar Sadat, stopped opposing Israel’s previous ethnic cleansing of close to a million indigenous Palestinian Muslims and Christians (at least 750,000 in 1947-49 and an additional 200,000 in 1967). This removed the most populous and politically significant country from the Arab front opposing Israel’s illegal actions and led the way for other nations to "normalize" relations with the abnormal situation in Palestine.

Egypt was rewarded by becoming the second largest recipient of US taxpayer money.

People may well ask, "Why hasn't Obama put into effect some firm US position toward the people's democratic movement?" The answer to that is: AIPAC hasn't decided yet what to order Obama to do.

Dilemma of pro-Israel groups: To talk Egypt or not
WASHINGTON (JTA) -- As Egypt convulses, pro-Israel groups and U.S. Congress members are seized by the ancient maternal dilemma: If you have nothing nice to say, should you say anything at all?

The question of whether to stake a claim in the protests against 30 years of President Hosni Mubarak’s autocracy is a key one for the pro-Israel lobby and pro-Israel lawmakers because of the role they have played in making Egypt one of the greatest beneficiaries of U.S. aid.

And in the same way that the outcome in Egypt continues to idle in the gear of “anyone’s guess,” there is little consensus in the byways of pro-Israel Washington over how to treat the nation and its nascent revolution.

Some interesting names and positions in US government listed in the JTA Global News Service of the Jewish People article:

U.S. Rep. Nita Lowey (D-N.Y.), the ranking Democrat on the foreign operations subcommittee of the U.S. House of Representatives Appropriations Committee.

U.S. Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.), the chairwoman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, close ally of Zionist Organization of America

U.S. Rep. Gary Ackerman (D-N.Y.), the ranking Democrat on the House Middle East subcommittee

U.S. Rep. Howard Berman (D-Calif.), who is also Jewish and the ranking member on the Foreign Affairs committee and the author of last year’s sweeping Iran sanctions law

Rep. Shelley Berkley (D-Nev.), the lawmaker who is perhaps closest to Israel

David Schenker, an Egypt expert at the pro-Israel Washington Institute for Near East Policy think tank

Here is the statement that Zionist Organization of America proposes that Obama should make:

ZOA Presents Speech It Wishes Obama Would Make On Israel-Palestinian Situation
"More than two years in office has persuaded me that, in our pursuit of an Arab-Israeli peace, we have sometimes neglected key problems.

"It is not possible to achieve peace between Arabs and Jews if Arabs do not accept the right of Jews to their own Jewish state.

"I am calling upon the Palestinian Authority (PA) to publicly accept Israel as a Jewish state.

"The United States cannot continue to expend its energy and credibility and resources in peace-making without this minimal condition being fulfilled.

All Israel wants is to have their anti-democratic ethnic identity preserved. That's all they want. Can't we just all legitimize the anti-democratic ethnocracy of Israel? Then, the Zionists will allow the US to attempt peace-making.
edit on 5-2-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

Ex

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Star from me!
I agree with everything you said, especially about Palistine.
Isreal and Egypt have been working long enough to crush their government.
I also agree that Palistine must accept Isreal as a state ,
but then that is a hard pill to swallow
when your being fenced in and starved at every exit.

For the sake of my beloved USA I hope we can let the protesters in Egypt
have what they need. FREEDOM from any fanatical group or dictator.

I also want to note that the population there may miss their internet and tv, phone connections
but they deserve much praise for what is a rareity nowdays.
They talk to their neighbors .....about their own self interests
and made a plan to let their voices be heard!

I see Americans voting against their own best interests,
instead voting in favor of personal prejudices ,
or whatever media outlet thinks we should vote for.

edit on 2/5/2011 by Ex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

I also agree that Palistine must accept Isreal as a state

There aren't many people or nations unwilling to accept Israel as a state. Iran doesn't oppose Israel as a state. The Palestinians don't oppose Israel as a state.

What the Israelis and their Zionist allies worldwide demand is a recognition of "Jewish State of Israel". If such a thing is recognized then all justice and international legal norms so hard fought for in WWII; Geneva Conventions, UN resolutions, and all definition of democracy, Universal Human Rights including right of return for refugees, get thrown into the trash.

If "Jewish State of Israel" becomes recognized then all we are left with is "Might Makes Right", a serious step back into feudalistic thinking.

I see Americans voting against their own best interests,
instead voting in favor of personal prejudices ,
or whatever media outlet thinks we should vote for.

It would be good for Americans to regain a sense of American Ideals of "Liberty and Justice for all" not the rule of ethnically correct or religiously correct or politically correct or economically correct, but for all, with equal standing before the bar of justice.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join