It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***US working on plan to replace Mubarak***

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
First of all let me say, why? Why do we (U.S.) always feel that it's our duty to go and help other countries when there are plenty people here that need help too? I feel Egypt can handle themselves. They don't need big brother U.S. to come and save them! STOP BEING CAPT. SAVE-A-COUNTRY!!!!!!!!

With that said here is the story:

The Obama administration is discussing with Egyptian officials a proposal for president Hosni Mubarak to resign immediately, The New York Times reported on Thursday

Under the proposal Mr Mubarak would turn power over to a transitional government headed by newly appointed vice president Omar Suleiman with the support of the Egyptian military, the Times said, citing administration officials and Arab diplomats.

For the full story go HERE

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mrno1

Agreed. Despite what it looks like, I feel that the people have it under control so to speak. Despite all the opposition these brave people have and are enduring, they are strong and have yet to let anything thrown at them break their spirit. That being said, I feel that once they get Mubarak out, they will start getting back to work on their own. They do want a government and one of their choosing, and I feel that for a short term interim, they are more than capable of governing themselves for a short period until they agree on who will govern them, as it should be. And they have more than proven they are capable of governing themselves.

So, BUTT OUT United States. You are either with the people or you are against the people and what the TPTB in the US do here is a clear indication of how they would treat its own citizens.
edit on 4-2-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here we ago again, sticking our nose in someone elses business.

If if the plan backfires we the American people will suffer for it while TPTB head for the bunkers.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
this is a big mistake.
Sulieman is a CIA Stooge.

If you do not know bout this guy
let me tell you why Sulieman should
NOT be president in Egypt.

Remember those foreign CIA Torture
Facilities where the US sent those
Al Queda detainees for water boarding
and torture to get info out of them?
Sulieman in Egypt was the man that over
saw the Egyptian aspect of those CIA
torture chambers. He was the CIA's
point man in Egypt for those ops.

He has blood on his hands AND
is tied to the CIA. Putting him into power
would be no different than bringing Hitler
back from the grave.

This is the part that is not fair to the Egyptians.
They are not being given any real choices
for leadership.

1) Mubarek is a 30 yr dictator sympathetic to Israel and put in place by the US.

2) Sulieman is a CIA Asset who tortures people in secret CIA prisons.

3) El Baredi has ties to the NWO and George Soros.

4) Muslim Brotherhood's candidates want a Holy War with Israel.

There are no real choices here for Egyptians.
they are being blindsided from 4 different sides
and they are ALL bad.

I feel sorry for them not having a good honest choice.
Egyptians cannot fight 4 different enemies.

edit on 2/4/2011 by boondock-saint because: spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I would question the accuracy of the story...

Would the US really risk getting involved? as it really seems to me as a layman that the Egyptians will not accept anything but a complete regime change, and that is not something the US or EU could provide them with, nor do i feel they would want to get tangled up in, as all mistakes, issues and problems will be directed in one direction.. towards the US or EU.

The expression, Flogging a dead horse comes to mind
edit on 4/2/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrno1
First of all let me say, why? Why do we (U.S.) always feel that it's our duty to go and help other countries when there are plenty people here that need help too? I feel Egypt can handle themselves. They don't need big brother U.S. to come and save them!

Are you kidding me? This is nothing to do with helping anyone. It's about strategic alliances, Israel, Gulf of Suez etc. Fact is - US has long thrown money at Egypt and not out of some benevolent altruism.
edit on 4-2-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
Would the US really risk getting involved?

Because who ever gets a foothold in Egypt determines the course of human history in a big way. If the Muslim Brotherhood get ahold of the country - and right now it looks like they will - then they want Sharia law .. and that's bad for every human on the planet, Muslim or not.

I see no good options from those being put forth. I hope the Egyptian people dont' get railroaded into taking The Muslim Brotherhood's guy .. or anyone else's guy .. and they can find their own guy.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Its clear that USA wants a Egyptian president that will cooperate to give cheap or free oil to USA.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarBoy
Its clear that USA wants a Egyptian president that will cooperate to give cheap or free oil to USA.

It's not only about oil.
It's about Israel as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
In my opinion it's all a game, a shuffling of the deck if you will. Rest assured the usual puppet masters are behind the scenes pulling the strings. Just look at who is supporting who over there and the rest of the pieces will fall into place. This is just another illusion of change in the world and now the people are so willing to get rid of Mubarak they will cut their nose off to spite their face me thinks.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
Would the US really risk getting involved?

Because who ever gets a foothold in Egypt determines the course of human history in a big way. If the Muslim Brotherhood get ahold of the country - and right now it looks like they will - then they want Sharia law .. and that's bad for every human on the planet, Muslim or not.

I see no good options from those being put forth. I hope the Egyptian people dont' get railroaded into taking The Muslim Brotherhood's guy .. or anyone else's guy .. and they can find their own guy.

And I equally feel that if the US or EU got involved it would push the masses in that very direction..
It seems like a no win situation until an actual opposition comes to light, and a direction the masses are taking.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. Why is the US always involved (seemingly unilaterally)? Why not let the UN deal with any plans to replace Mubarak? Honestly though, this is a civil issue within the sovereign nation of Egypt and should be dealt with exclusively by the Egyptian citizens. The anti-Mubarak movement should have already had a "blueprint" for the transfer of power. If they don't, then all we can do (or should do) is sit back and wait for the dust to settle.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This just goes to show the incompetence of the Obama administration and Hillary Clinton in particular. They decide to work on a plan (moronic) but wait how long before they start working on it? (incompetence) How should we expect the Middle East to react to another U.S. certified / installed leader?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I agree with the OP. Why is the US always involved (seemingly unilaterally)? Why not let the UN deal with any plans to replace Mubarak?

and that would play directly into the
hand of the NWO and George Soros.
If that were to happen then you would
see El Baredi as the next president
of Egypt and helps usher in the
ties to the one world government.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

According to this video, the Muslim Brotherhood has not claimed or committed any acts of terrorism for more than 40 years. If I was Arab and Muslim, I'd take them over any Western puppet any day. The Brotherhood won't wage any direct war with Israel because they know the Arab/Muslim world isn't unified meaning they'd have no one else to support them militarily and they would lose Egypt's U.S. support. However, if Turkey is truly becoming more Islamic then that would definitely swing things around to their favor. Not to mention, Iran would probably support them too.

But what is most important here is peace with Israel and the Suez Canal. Surely the Brotherhood will demand Israel changes its policies regarding Palestinians. Israel isn't going to let up on the Palestinians and the U.S. will destabilize Egypt if it does not get its way so all in all the Brotherhood doesn't seem like a very good choice in regards to the West.

Also in the video, it is said that Egyptians have been watching the U.S. deliver democracy to Iraq and yet the U.S. version of democracy seems bloody and a worst tyrant than Saddam. Obviously, the U.S. isn't the best route either. There is little hope here. Maybe anarchy is the way to go.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is good news !

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarBoy

Petroleum Imports Egypt isn't on the top end of the list of imports for oil. If we really were getting involved to get 'cheap or free oil' we'd go invade Venezuela .. it's closer and easier to take over.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

maybe you should ask the CIA how many
people have been murdered or assassinated
at the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood.

From the research I have done, they def were
involved with the assassination of Anwar Sadat,
Mubarek's predecessor.

And it is not only the blood they have spilled
in the past, it is also the blood they intend
to spill in the future.

Muslim Brotherhood wants war with Israel
www.jihadwatch.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
reply to post by DevilJin

maybe you should ask the CIA how many
people have been murdered or assassinated
at the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood.

From the research I have done, they def were
involved with the assassination of Anwar Sadat,
Mubarek's predecessor.

And it is not only the blood they have spilled
in the past, it is also the blood they intend
to spill in the future.

Muslim Brotherhood wants war with Israel
www.jihadwatch.org...

Seems to be no such thing as a genuine people's revolution these days if the options for change are all crooked in some ways.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
Seems to be no such thing as a genuine people's revolution these days if the options for change are all crooked in some ways.

EXACTLY the point !!!
They are rioting in the streets not
knowing that those decisions have
already been made for them.
They just haven't accepted
the decision yet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join