It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is music a form of ritual magic? A look into Ancient Acoustic Tech.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I wasn't sure whether to put this in science and tech, or here in paranormal since the subject matter will include both, or the possibility that these are both magic and science...

While listening to music my whole life as we all have done I can't help but wonder if this can and does affect the world we live in. If we are all groven to love songs will the world as a whole reflect this?

Speaking of music I'm wondering if this is how the Egyptians are feeling now:

Research is into our ancient past is showing us very interesting technologies employed by ancient societies. Last night I saw apart of a History Channel show about a replica of Stonehenge built in America and researchers were testing it for sound and what affects these sounds had on the human brain. Unfortunately I didn't watch the whole show and haven't found the video on the net so far.

Here is a link to American replica Stonehenge:
America unhenged

Just after sunrise on a misty spring morning last year, my fellow acoustician at the University of Salford, Bruno Fazenda, and Rupert Till of the University of Huddersfield, UK, could be found wandering around Stonehenge popping balloons. This was not some bizarre pagan ritual. It was a serious attempt to capture the "impulse response" of the ancient southern English stone circle, and with it perhaps start to determine how Stonehenge might have sounded to our ancestors.

An impulse response characterises all the paths taken by the sound between its source – in this case a popping balloon – and a microphone positioned a few metres away. It is simply a plot of the sound pressure at the microphone in the seconds after the pop. The first, strongest peak on the plot represents the sound that travelled directly from the source to the microphone. Later, smaller peaks indicate the arrival of reflections off the stones. The recording and plot shows the impulse response Bruno and Rupert measured with a microphone positioned at the centre of Stonehenge and a popping balloon at the edge of the circle.

Acoustic archeology: The secret sounds of Stonehenge

There are of course theory's that structures like Stonehenge and the Pyramids were built by somehow using sound energy.

This video shows how humans marked a certain rock in a cave for its acoustic properties:
They hit the marked rock and it sounds like metal hitting metal, then they hit other rocks around it to show the difference in the sounds produced:

Also in history we see how the Greeks and many other cultures worldwide used sound and light, and sometimes psychedelic substances in temples.

Here is a example from Peru:

Researchers are uncovering the secrets of ancient civilizations which built fun house-like temples that may have scared the pants off worshipers with scary sound effects, light shows and perhaps drug-induced psychedelic trips.

The emerging field of acoustic archaeology is a marriage of high-tech acoustic analysis and old-fashioned bone-hunting. The results of this scientific collaboration is an new understanding of cultures who used sound effects as entertainment, religion and a form of political control.

Miriam Kolar, a researcher at Stanford University's Center for Computer Research and Acoustics, has been studying the 3,000 year-old Chavin culture in the high plains of Peru. Kolar and her colleagues have been mapping a maze of underground tunnels, drains and hallways in which echoes don't sound like echoes.

www.msnbc.msn.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Acoustic archaeology yielding mind tripping tricks

The research into this field is growing and learning alot of what may be a lost science, and there really is no telling the true power of music/sounds.

Music seems to reflect the society Im going to add music hits:
1960 - The twist, Will you love me tomorrow, Wonderful world
1970 - Let it be, Bridge over troubled waters, Layla
1980 - Another one bites the dust, Call me, Love will tear us apart
1990 - Nothing compares to you, Vogue, Been caught stealing
2000 - Bent, Music, Last resort
Does popular music reflect society, or dictate it?

Do we use our collective conscience on a global scale when we listen to music?

I have more to add but what do you think ATS?

Here is the link for music hits:
Alaska Jim's
edit on 4-2-2011 by LDragonFire because: added a link

edit on 4-2-2011 by LDragonFire because: had to fix link

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I believe music, not just the words, is inspired by intent. I also believe the resolve of each person has effect on the world around us.

Check out the work of Masaru Emoto. He examines water crystals, as they are exposed to a wide range of words and music (Bach, Chopin, Kawachi Folk Dance Song, healing music and heavy metal).

THE MESSAGE FROM WATER

www.adhikara.com...

Please, be sure to Enter the site at the top right for additional images.

Think about how much of our bodies and minds are water.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Most certainly.

Music has been used to enchant various items we are familiar with:
Both World Cups - there may be a connection between the disappearance of the first trophy and The Incredible String Band I believe.

On another note (no pun intended) Tesla spoke about the power of the thirds, sixths and ninths in reference to Solfeggio frequencies:
528hz=5+2+8=15, 1+5=6
417hz=4+1+7=12, 1+2=3
639hz=6+3+9=18, 1+8=9
They are indeed powerful frequencies:
video.google.com...#

Solfeggio notes were used up until the Rockefellers research into the arts deemed it necessary to change the musical scale from C528hz to A440hz we hear today. Incidentally, 528hz is the frequency used by DNA scientists to repair damaged DNA.

Tibetan Monks have a very good grasp of the power of music/sound:
www.rense.com...

You are going into an extremely interesting field of research here, I would suggest downloading the following program (it's free) and having a play with the various frequencies (do a little research first though)
www.trueaudio.com...

I'm about to borrow a surround system so I can explore this avenue of research more thoroughly.

Gread thread.
S&F

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Soke33

Good point about intention - my recent research in the field of alchemy has led me to see heavy correlation between intent and outcome. It might not seem to have much to do with music - but it has

Really hope lots of people see this thread and it doesn't die a death as mine have, when people see how important this stuff is and how it opens up a greater understanding of other avenues of research - UFO Tech, DNA repair, Intelligent Water, Aetherometry etc, etc... hopefully then it will start getting the attention it once had/now deserves.

Wish I could S&F more than once :s
edit on 4/2/11 by iamahumandoing because: just a thought

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by iamahumandoing

Interesting link on New World Order and 440 Hertz (including 432 Hz and 528 Hz)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

J. S. Bach: music and occult knowledge
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

Whoops, obviously I need to search better before I make a leading observation about something haha... My threads must've died for a reason (being ****).

Those are excellent threads there that you have linked to - I think that if C is 528hz, then A on the same scale is 432hz, I think. It's amazing really that A440hz became mainstream and still is when we're presented with this evidence.

Thanks again for the links

edit on 4/2/11 by iamahumandoing because: grammar

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
There are so many angles to research based in sounds or music. Mythbusters did a show on the effects of talking to plants and the effect of music on plants, interestingly enough the plants that got blasted with heavy metal music did the best....

The movie Dune had sound based weapons, and the Bible has the story of trumpets that brought down the walls of Jericho.

There is so many areas to study in this field.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Just after sunrise on a misty spring morning last year, my fellow acoustician at the University of Salford, Bruno Fazenda, and Rupert Till of the University of Huddersfield, UK, could be found wandering around Stonehenge popping balloons. This was not some bizarre pagan ritual. It was a serious attempt to capture the "impulse response" of the ancient southern English stone circle, and with it perhaps start to determine how Stonehenge might have sounded to our ancestors.

An impulse response characterises all the paths taken by the sound between its source – in this case a popping balloon – and a microphone positioned a few metres away. It is simply a plot of the sound pressure at the microphone in the seconds after the pop. The first, strongest peak on the plot represents the sound that travelled directly from the source to the microphone. Later, smaller peaks indicate the arrival of reflections off the stones. The recording and plot shows the impulse response Bruno and Rupert measured with a microphone positioned at the centre of Stonehenge and a popping balloon at the edge of the circle.

Acoustic archeology: The secret sounds of Stonehenge

I read this article, or one very similar, perhaps... In the one I read it mentioned that their experiments showed that the stones could have been placed, purposefully to create 'theatre' (magic) based on sound projection or 'voice/sound throwing'. Particularly citing that if you stood behind some stones, while completely concealed from the 'audience', as it were, the sound created there would seem to come from elsewhere, or be amplified. I find the idea that the builders could have engineered these effects fascinating, though it only expands the general whys?
edit on 4-2-2011 by KilgoreTrout because: dumb de dah

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamahumandoing
reply to post by hawk123

Whoops, obviously I need to search better before I make a leading observation about something haha... My threads must've died for a reason (being ****).

Those are excellent threads there that you have linked to - I think that if C is 528hz, then A on the same scale is 432hz, I think. It's amazing really that A440hz became mainstream and still is when we're presented with this evidence.

Thanks again for the links

edit on 4/2/11 by iamahumandoing because: grammar

No, 432 and 528 are not on the same scale.
A = 432:384 = 9:8 (wholetone) (radius sun = 432 x 1000)
B = 486:432 = 9:8 (wholetone)
C = 512:486 = 256:243 (leimma, i.e. halftone)
D = 576:512 = 9:8 (wholetone)
E = 648:576 = 9:8 (wholetone)
F = 729:648 = 9:8 (wholetone)
G = 768:729 = 256:243 (leimma, i.e. halftone)
A = 864:768 = 9:8 (wholetone) (diameter sun = 864 x 1000)

This 432 sun scale starts at 192 or 384 and ends at 10368

The 440 moon scale is related to number 31680. (same digits as for sun, but in another position)
72 x 440 = 60 x 528 = 31680 = 55 x 576
BACH + JSBACH = 14 + 41 =55

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Most of all "mainstream" (those "addictive" songs) are designed to give particular "messages" - any music, it doesn't really matter, has an effect on us, however, the ones that we listen to on the radio have been intentionally created to manipulate the audience. It is almost impossible for me to completley explain to you the techniques that they use, however, they basically have a mathematical model of sound and language, and can induce particular states of those that are listening. Many say that its "magic" or "occult" however those are the middle levels, on the higher levels, "magic" and "occult" turn into pure science. In the most extreme cases, they use a ritual sacrifice, and basically, there is a hidden "story" in the song describing the torture of the sacrifice, anyone following the music will basically be able to absorb the energy that was released when the sacrifice was tortured.
edit on 6-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

top topics

join