It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Wings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Any suggestions on good hot wings on the east coast,all and any tips will be considered.Hot,fire,wings ,

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Not quite sure if you're looking for a recipe, or a good place to eat.
To make good hot wings, just remove the skin first and bake them in the hot sauce they've been marinating in. Removing the skin allows more sauce to soak into the chicken. They are messy to eat, but good. I just use the bottled Louisiana Hot Sauce.

For dry hot wings, put lots of spices in some flour, red pepper, black pepper, roll them around and bake on a rack that will keep them lifted out of their grease. Trial and error will get the right spice mix.

For sticky spicy wings, combine soy sauce and honey, a couple of cloves of chopped fresh garlic, and lots of chopped ginger. Add some red pepper flakes, bake in this mix.

If you add some peanut butter to the above recipe, and a dash of lemon or lime, it turns into a nice peanut sauce. Play with ingredient amounts until you like the flavour.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Not quite sure if you're looking for a recipe, or a good place to eat.
To make good hot wings, just remove the skin first and bake them in the hot sauce they've been marinating in. Removing the skin allows more sauce to soak into the chicken. They are messy to eat, but good. I just use the bottled Louisiana Hot Sauce.

For dry hot wings, put lots of spices in some flour, red pepper, black pepper, roll them around and bake on a rack that will keep them lifted out of their grease. Trial and error will get the right spice mix.

For sticky spicy wings, combine soy sauce and honey, a couple of cloves of chopped fresh garlic, and lots of chopped ginger. Add some red pepper flakes, bake in this mix.

If you add some peanut butter to the above recipe, and a dash of lemon or lime, it turns into a nice peanut sauce. Play with ingredient amounts until you like the flavour.
Thanks ,sounds great.I am looking to buy some.Like from a chain,tgif has decent wings,im looking for 1 notch above them

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
I am looking to buy some.Like from a chain,tgif has decent wings,im looking for 1 notch above them

You can go 3-4 notches above that if you make your own.
I'm sorry, I don't know where to buy them because I wouldn't dream of doing that when I make such delicious ones myself!

I like the sauce Hooters makes. Maybe they have good ones at Hooters?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

I don't know if there's one nearby, but Buffalo Wild Wings is usually pretty good around here. Something like 15 flavors to choose from.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
reply to post by brindle

I don't know if there's one nearby, but Buffalo Wild Wings is usually pretty good around here. Something like 15 flavors to choose from.
Thanks for the tip,im looking now

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Don't be taken in by the chains. Look for something locally based. I never thought BWW was a good bargain anyway and the wings are rather skimpy.
edit on 4-2-2011 by WickettheRabbit because: Spelling is tough.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

Don't be taken in by the chains. Look for something locally based. I never thought BWW was a good bargain anyway and the wings are rather skimpy.

True, but not being where he is kinda limit's our options for suggestions =/

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

True, but not being where he is kinda limit's our options for suggestions =/
Thats true,im gonna hit buffallo wild wings,there is one fairly close

new topics

top topics

join