It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Government Poisoning Us From Planes?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

www.cbsatlanta.com

The U.S. government has said it isn't spreading chemicals from planes.

CBS Atlanta wants your chemtrail pictures. Send them to [email protected].
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
theintelhub.com

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 2/5/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I did not see this posted anywhere. CBS Atlanta covered chemtrails recently. It was somewhat unbiased although they did label believers as conspiracy theorists and finished the piece with a denial by a Georgia Tech professor (although it didn't seem to be much of a denial).

At the end they want people to submit their chemtrail photos to them and they will put it on their website.

www.cbsatlanta.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
They're very bad here in Atlanta and have been for over 10 years now. They change our skies from clear blue skies to murky muck more often than not and are so common here year round that they no longer even phase me. As far as weather control goes, as mentioned in the article, we've certainly had our issues with drought over that 10 years. We've also had far fewer tornadoes (that's just my observation) yet some very violent thunderstorms and hailstorms that seem come out of nowhere.

And, yes, as one woman said, about 3-4 years ago there seems to have become a concerted effort to "block the sun." It's hard to explain if you haven't seen it, and debunkers attempt to by saying that it's all perspective. To head that particular point of debate off at the pass, perspective is [i[not an issue here because the way they do it is to come up from the horizon on either side and then criss-cross until they cover it with rapidly spreading trails and in a matter of an hour (or less) and the entire sky becomes a haze. The only "perspective" issue here is that wherever you go, the view of the sun is blocked by then. To really understand, you have to experience this year after year, day after day.

P.S. Do check out the slideshow because there are already some great shots there (although I will say that some of them do not appear to be chemtrails).

P.P.S. I hope this is allowed to stay in BAN and not moved to Skunk Works, as the original story was posted 5:54 pm EST February 2, 2011, but the update was 10:51 am EST February 4, 2011.

Thanks for posting this because I hadn't seen it and I certainly have tons of pictures to send them.
S&F

edit on 2/4/2011 by ~Lucidity because: added P.S.s

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I emailed the video to my boss about an hour ago. She thinks I'm nuts, so I thought I'd at least show her that I'm not the only one. I've taken so many pictures of the trails in our area. Weather conditions vary, as does the time of year. Unfortunately, they are the first pics I delete too, because I don't have anyone who wouldn't think me crazy to share them with. They spray here almost every Wednesday. However, it isn't only Wednesdays...that day just seems to be the most consitant.

If this was just normal air traffic, seeing that I live near a milatary base and have various planes, choppers and jets in the air daily, wouldn't the chemtrails be more prevalent? An everyday, normality?! This stuff is real. No one can convince me that the lines that criss-cross my local skies almost every Wednesday and a day here and there are not bad for us and our health and our world!!

As soon as ATS makes video uploads an option for mobile users, I will be able to share my pics (the ones I haven't already deleted!)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I sent two of the three I have left on my phone in. I was experiencing memory problems and had to delete lots of pics. I wish I still had the cross pattern pics and the really wild one that went right in front of the sun. Jet was caught in action. Ce la vi! I contributed. Who else will?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Would you please tell me, how can you tell that CONDENSATION TRAILS - condensed water vapors from jet engine - contain chemicals that will remain their intended "mind control" or whatever structure after being burned, mixed with kerosene, and put high into atmosphere, where they are probably caught by winds and sent sever hundreds and thousand kilometers away, be a part of chemtrail conspiracy ?!

Again - its CONTRAILS

I can't believe how this theory can still be alive, after nothing that can hold it....

It's been refuted by everyone that knows something about fuel and planes...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by staciebee
reply to post by ararisq

I emailed the video to my boss about an hour ago. She thinks I'm nuts, so I thought I'd at least show her that I'm not the only one. I've taken so many pictures of the trails in our area. Weather conditions vary, as does the time of year. Unfortunately, they are the first pics I delete too, because I don't have anyone who wouldn't think me crazy to share them with. They spray here almost every Wednesday. However, it isn't only Wednesdays...that day just seems to be the most consitant.

If this was just normal air traffic, seeing that I live near a milatary base and have various planes, choppers and jets in the air daily, wouldn't the chemtrails be more prevalent? An everyday, normality?! This stuff is real. No one can convince me that the lines that criss-cross my local skies almost every Wednesday and a day here and there are not bad for us and our health and our world!!

As soon as ATS makes video uploads an option for mobile users, I will be able to share my pics (the ones I haven't already deleted!)
Iam on the south east coast and have noticed that on most mornings(I'm up at 5am)even before the sun is up they're out there already with chemtrails criss crossing the sun and doesn't stop.Two days ago the sky actually looked like a checkerboard.The thing is I'm old enough to remember back in the 70's and 80;s we didn't have them then I used to look at the sky all the time as a child we had planes but not what we see now in the skies.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

NO. Stop and think about how ridiculous that is....just stop and think.

Shows how even stupid people can be on a video, and get attention by waving their hands high and fast enough. On a SLOW news day. And when you add in a clueless (or ratings-hungry?) local TV news station management.

Sad that science is failing, in our schools. This is clear evidence of the blatant ignorance that prevails, as a result of that failure.....

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Heckren

Come live here for a year, watch two planes trace lines in the sky for 8 hours a day on half those days, and then we'll talk. There is a marked difference between normal contrails and what they are doing. There are many days when both appear.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

That was the headline of the news article. Go tell them to stop.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Oh, for Pete's sake! Stop and THINK!!

...most mornings(I'm up at 5am)even before the sun is up they're out there already with chemtrails criss crossing the sun and doesn't stop.

First, airplanes fly at ALL HOURS of the day!!! Yes, even at night, and the wee hours of the morning ("O-dark thirty", as we groan and gripe about it...).

Second...."crossing the sun"?? Oh, puhleeeze! Ummm....hate to break this to you, but the Sun moves across the sky, every day. Like clockwork....

Back to the airplanes, at all hours:

This isn't rocket science.....it is aviation science, and meteorlogical science too.....

edit on 4 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Same invitation to you. Come live here for a year and we'll talk.

It doesn't matter that the sun "moves." By then the sky is covered.

Maybe we'd just like to discuss this news article here and how this pertains to our town,..Atlanta. There are plenty of other threads debating chemtrails themselves that we can go to for reference and opinions and the standard debunker's points.

Why don't you make a Chemtrail Debunking thread for Skunk Works and then just link us to it. That would save a lot of time for you and would keep the threads clear of repetitive information? It would be more efficient and organized and easier to follow. Just a thought.

edit on 2/4/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Awesome slide show. S&F! Picture number 60 of the slide show has a black traingle, not so many chemtrails.

I live in San Diego and I see these things all the time. What bothers me about the "officail" explanation of condensation, is why aren't the contrails heading to and from the airport? They go miles away from the airport and out to sea. They come from inland, bypass the airport and head toward Mexico. Why don't these contrails point toward the airports?

During Thanksgiving I drove from San Diego to LA, and followed one large contrail, which was miles inland from the airports, the whole way, some 150 miles!

Why are there often parallel designs? Why wouldn't they follow the same line, day after day, if they come from commercial jets, following daily flight schedules?

Thanks and peace for giving this voice!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heckren
Would you please tell me, how can you tell that CONDENSATION TRAILS - condensed water vapors from jet engine - contain chemicals that will remain their intended "mind control" or whatever structure after being burned, mixed with kerosene, and put high into atmosphere, where they are probably caught by winds and sent sever hundreds and thousand kilometers away, be a part of chemtrail conspiracy ?!

Again - its CONTRAILS

I can't believe how this theory can still be alive, after nothing that can hold it....

It's been refuted by everyone that knows something about fuel and planes...

Which rules out the chemtrailers
edit on 4-2-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

I too recall the clear skies of the 80's...not so much the 70's, as I was born in '76. By the time I get off work, the skies will have gone from a nice blue to a murky grey, with only a slight illumination where the sun is hidden.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by staciebee

Because you are seeing planes taking off and landing, not flying at altitude. Jeez.......when will "chemtrailers" ever sit down and think through the logic of their stand?
Criss-crossing lines? How about planes flying in different directions. You do know all planes won't be using the same heading to get places, right? They fly to every point of the compass, so when they leave contrails, the trails will, too.
Weather conditions on the ground do not matter to something miles over your head. There are some seasonal changes, because seasonal changes are global. It's always way below zero at flight altitude and high winds.
And by pinpointing Wednesday, have you looked for the routes that will be flying over your home? Most likely, you will notice more on Wednesday because you are expecting there to be more. Just like people say they never saw "chemtrails" until the 80's, which corresponded with the rise of home internet use and the decline of research and science. They have been there all along, you just didn't notice them. I did; I'm almost 50.
Where are the health problems you speak of? How can you relate them to anything being deposited at 30K+ feet over your head? Anything up there will not make it to the ground around you unless it's the size of large hail. It's blown by the wind, diluted to minute quantities, and will stay aloft for days, if it comes down at all.
All my debunks are scientifically shown to be correct, if you look for the science and not for the story.

This stuff is real.

How do you know? Did you see a website with similar pictures? Did you believe their claim that there is a "chemical" even if there is no test showing it exists? Did you think for yourself and learn how planes fly and how clouds are made? Guess what? They are wrong. And if you actually read through "chemtrail" sites, you will find they do not agree on anything about "chemtrail" theory except that "they are doing something to us". Different stories, different theories, different excuses.....and not a tested trail among them. That right there would make me suspicious. If you want to know if a chemical is in a trail, test it. It's not that hard or that expensive (especially if you claim they are real for a living, like Carnicom, Alex Jones, etc). They make planes specifically to do that, actually flying into and sampling a contrail or cloud. Science does this. And not a weird or unexpected chemical has been found yet.
Believing in something is one thing, actually knowing is better. You can't know without tests. You can't know if you don't understand about aviation flights. You can't know if you don't understand the atmosphere. You can't know if you don't know about clouds. I learned about all of these and I know that "chemtrails" is an internet fairytale and everything I see is either a contrail or a cloud.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Oh, gee....didn't watch the video up above?

What bothers me about the "officail" explanation of condensation, is why aren't the contrails heading to and from the airport?

Why? DO you not know (yet) what a contrail actually is, and how it forms, and what altitudes?? (Hint....never below about 25,000 feet. Ever).

They go miles away from the airport and out to sea.

Ummm...yeah. Flights from, say....Dallas or Houston or Miami to places like, oh...Honolulu...just to name a few.

They come from inland, bypass the airport and head toward Mexico. Why don't these contrails point toward the airports?

Yeah....flights going in all directions, because the CITIES are all over the map! Does that make sense, now?

Why are there often parallel designs? Why wouldn't they follow the same line, day after day, if they come from commercial jets, following daily flight schedules?

Wind. It's in your screen name. Wind. At. Altitude. Blows contrails sideways, depending on wind direction, and angle of contrail.

Airplane 'A' flies along the Jet Airway (which is defined by geographical points, relative to the ground). Jet 'A' leaves a contrail. A few minutes later, jet 'B' is cruising on the SAME Jet Airway (minimum distance, at same altitude, same route, is 20 nautical miles). So, IT too leaves a contrail...same Relative Humidity at that altitude, same general conditions. BUT, the winds are blowing at, say (pick a number)....50 knots is typical, and blowing from the "side" relative to the contrails. SO, the first one has drifted with the wind by the time jet 'B' comes along, to make another. Etc. This repeats, for other airplanes, as long as conditions are ripe for the contrails to form. (This is NOT always the case, depends on the RH and temperature).

You might want to learn more, you can surf the web. However, to avoid the "chem"-trail noise in the Internet search, type in something like "contrails -chemtrail". The ' - ' (minus sign) biases out the "chem"-trail garbage in your results.

Here, too:
www.contrailscience.com...

You may want to review the Appleman Chart... it is not the "end all" for every contrail formation, but it is fairly accurate at predicting. It was developed decades ago, and modern jet engine designs tend to make MORE contrails than engines of that era:

asd-www.larc.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Thanks for your thought out answer. No I didn't watch the video, as I thought is just more of the same, but I will go watch it now.

I live near Miramar Airforce Base, and Camp Pendleton, and El Toro is not far away either. It seems to me that these planes that are creating these contrails move very fast and fly very high. They look small in comparision to the trails they leave, almost like to point of a pen. They seem military IMO.

I try to keep an open mind on this subject and don't even call them Chemtrails, personally, because that is not confirmed. Could it be that military planes, I don't know, by the way they are designed, or fuel they use, are prediposed to this phenomena?

(By the way LOL about the wind)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

why aren't the contrails heading to and from the airport?

Because the contrails are created at flight altitude, not during take-off and landing except in the polar areas. There it can be so cold they are formed on the ground, take-off, landing, and everything in between.

They come from inland, bypass the airport and head toward Mexico. Why don't these contrails point toward the airports?

Not all planes stop and start at every single airport. They bypass more than they use. It's not a bus or a train, it's an airplane. Their trips are hundreds of miles long. Think about this for a minute: A plane takes off at Kennedy and lands at LAX. How many airports did they bypass? Thousands.

followed one large contrail, which was miles inland from the airports, the whole way, some 150 miles!

Examine some logic here. How much material would be necessary to create a cloud 150 miles long? It takes 550 tons of water to make one mid-sized cumulus cloud. That would be 50 tankers full of something if sprayed. So a 150 mile long cloud? FLEETS of tankers. Each contrail. Have you ever noticed fleets of planes? You see one plane, releasing hot moist exhaust into a saturated extremely cold section of sky. And just like your breath on a cold day, you can see it.

Why are there often parallel designs?

Because they are following air routes and the wind is making them drift slightly between planes. Trail, *drifts*, trail, *drifts*, trail.

Why wouldn't they follow the same line, day after day, if they come from commercial jets, following daily flight schedules?

Oh, but they do. You just don't always have the contrail to point the plane out to you. The atmosphere changes. Sometimes contrails will form, sometimes they won't. It's very difficult to see some planes due to Rayleigh scattering, the same thing that makes the sky look blue. A white, silver or lighter colored underbelly blends in to the sky. Especially when there are no clouds. And when there are no cirrus clouds, there will be no persistent contrails. Because they are the same thing, water and dirty air, so will behave the same way.
Nothing I've said above is more than some common sense. It doesn't take more than thinking through the process. Instead of repeating what you are told on a "chemtrail" site.
edit on 4-2-2011 by stars15k because: clarity

edit on 4-2-2011 by stars15k because: clarity, again. I have a migraine.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Well....you just described what commercial jets look like, when viewed from the ground, and when they're at cruise altitudes. They are between 6 to 8 miles above you. A Boeing 757, for example (off top of my head, since I memorize its dimensions) is 155 feet long, and a wingspan of 124 feet, 10 inches. From 7 miles away? Get it?

It seems to me that these planes that are creating these contrails move very fast and fly very high.

"fast", yes....relatively. Cruise speeds on the order of a percentage of Mach (speed of sound). Slowest jets are the older Boeing 737s, at about 0.74 to 0.75 Mach. Newer 737s (different wing design) are more in line with others, around 0.78 to 0.80 M. 747s are even faster, they are comfortable at 0.84 to 0.86.

This all equates to around 450 to 480 knots True Airspeed (actual velocity across the ground will vary based on the winds aloft).

@480 knots, easy to do the math....it's 8 miles per minute.

They look small in comparision to the trails they leave, almost like to point of a pen. They seem military IMO

The trails get big, sometimes, when conditions are suitable. There is a LOT of moisture, sometimes, "hidden" in the atmosphere as water vapor....it becomes visible when it condenses out. Oh, and sure, the occasional loarge military transport (C-141, C17 etc) will, just like commercial jets, leave contrails...as will the tankers (KC-135s, KC-10s).

The contrails are all very understandable, it is basic science.

edit on 4 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join