It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange tells internet generation 'their time has come' to hit back at abuse

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

goddamm pigs!!! thats all i have to say!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I don't condone espionage, trafficking in stolen information or blackmail to achieve it though.

WOW!!...You've just described the CIA and the NSA ... If they can do it and call it legal, then so can anyone else.

Brilliant. Join the CIA or NSA then. Let's follow your line of reasoning. Congress "writes checks" for money they don't have, but since they do it it must be legal for you to do right? The Federal Reserve prints money out of thin air, it's legal for them to do so why don't you?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Please tell me this is a joke! Assnage tells people to "hit back at abuse" while HE HIMSELF is engaged in blackmail????

EPIC irony.

Any source for this? Even a single one please?

He has an "insurance" file of secret/classified information. He has stated if he is arrested or killed the information will be released.

That's blackmail. Is this breaking news to you?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Please tell me this is a joke! Assnage tells people to "hit back at abuse" while HE HIMSELF is engaged in blackmail????

EPIC irony.

Blackmail...really??? Where's he charged for blackmailing?

Did I claim he's been "charged"?

Holding secret info for the purpose of attempting to prevent prosecution is blackmail.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well, he's not been charged...and if your claims were true, he would have been charged already

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

How do you know what the file contains? Most logical conclusion is that it has all the same data that is being leaked uncensored.
for calling that blackmail.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Well, he's not been charged...and if your claims were true, he would have been charged already

Wow, someone gave you a star for that tripe. Apparently I've walked into an Assanage circle-jerk, oh well. It makes no difference that he's been charged or not, he is threatining to release secret cadre of information if he IS prosecuted. That's blackmail.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

How do you know what the file contains? Most logical conclusion is that it has all the same data that is being leaked uncensored.
for calling that blackmail.

No,
for you not calling a spade a spade because you're a fanboy. You even have their logo as your avatar. He is trafficking AND profiting from stolen secret information and is threatening to release "the goods" if anyone tries to interfere with him.

It's blackmail.

edit on 5-2-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Apparently I've walked into an Assanage circle-jerk, oh well.
Wow that sure sounds real Christian like. Aparently the bible these days comes with a list of sexual references. Might you be a pastor of father???

He is trafficking AND profiting from stolen secret information and is threatening to release "the goods" if anyone tries to interfere with him.

It's blackmail.
No it's not Blackmail simply by definition alone. He has not demanded a payment for the information and he has not coerced any actions.

In fact the people who you should be throwing the term blackmail at, are the ones who falsified rape charges and threatened his life if he doesn't stop telling the truth. That my friend is the definition of blackmail.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OatDelphi

Of course to armchair wanna-be patriots that doesn't matter as all they care about is keeping bad stuff about their country out of the press

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You shouldn't talk to someone who has a ratio of 0.4 stars per post on a website where even the dumbest message can collect 2 or 3 stars, that's way too low, even for someone who's proud to show himslef as a silencer of the heretics and a part of Lords Army.

You wouldn't talk to vegetables, do you ? Well don't be rude and keep the discussion above your plate.
edit on 5-2-2011 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobbyTarass
You shouldn't talk to someone who has a ratio of 0.4 stars per post on a website where even the dumbest message can collect 2 or 3 stars, that's way too low, even for someone who's proud to show himslef as a silencer of the heretics and a part of Lords Army.

You wouldn't talk to vegetables, do you ? Well don't be rude and keep the discussion above your plate.

That has to be one of the dumbest rationale I've seen in quite some time. Since you're relatively new around here I'll give you a pass. I've been here at ATS for almost 3 years now. Until just recently with the new website design and incorporation of the www.belowtopsecret.com sister-site you could not receive stars or flags for threads on BTS. 95% of my posts are in the "Religion, Faith, & Theology" forum which was on BTS.com. Now that BTS has been fully incorporated into ATS now threads in that forum can receive stars and flags.

With that in mind, do you have anything constructive to add to THIS thread??

edit on 5-2-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Yeah.

Take a look at the stats of the poster above my last post, then reconsider your comment.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobbyTarass

Yeah.

Take a look at the stats of the poster above my last post, then reconsider your comment.

Reconsider WHAT? You're a noob here, you have no functioning understanding of the dynamics of this website and it's sister website before the merger. What if that poster didn't spend a lot of time on the sister site? I did, 95% of my time. BTS.com didn't let you acquire stars or flags for threads until the merger.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
First of all, stats have no correlation AT ALL to the quality of somebody's posts.
Second of all, way to go off topic.

If you can provide any evidence that Assange has actually been trying to blackmail any government with the information he has, I'll be happy to go with it. Protecting his own life with the information isn't blackmail though. If the information he has wasn't a very dirty secret, the US government wouldn't think twice about making him have an "accident." A government that keeps secrets cannot be trusted (although they probably shouldn't be trusted if they don't anyways.)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
First of all, stats have no correlation AT ALL to the quality of somebody's posts.
Second of all, way to go off topic.

If you can provide any evidence that Assange has actually been trying to blackmail any government with the information he has, I'll be happy to go with it. Protecting his own life with the information isn't blackmail though. If the information he has wasn't a very dirty secret, the US government wouldn't think twice about making him have an "accident." A government that keeps secrets cannot be trusted (although they probably shouldn't be trusted if they don't anyways.)

And I'd be happy to go along with your line of reasoning if Assnage was forced to release the secret information he had possession of. No one made him do this, so your reasoning that he had no option other than to have an insurance file to save his life is absurd. He could have never released it to begin with, therefore would not need to blackmail a foreign government in an attempt to preserve his life or non-incarceration in prison.

He is engaged in blackmail to preserve himself and his freedom. After the fact of engaging in hostile actions to a foreign nation. He was not made to do this, and even if he isn't asking for money, he is attempting to preserve himself or preserve his freedom, he is still attempting to "gain" from the presence of the insurance file.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

black·mail

–verb (used with object)
to extort money from (a person) by the use of threats.
to force or coerce into a particular action, statement, etc.: The strikers claimed they were blackmailed into signing the new contract.

He is not trying to gain anything by threatening to release the information. He is not trying to force anybody to do anything. Preserving his life and maintaining his freedom is NOT a crime, and it's quite sad that you would think it is. It seriously doesn't scare you that the government is that afraid that the people find out some of their actions?

Then again, look who I'm talking to. Somebody who vehemently defends a religion based on fear.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03

He is not trying to gain anything by threatening to release the information.

He has not profited from Wikileaks? I do not agree.

He is not trying to force anybody to do anything.

Are you serious? He is trying to force the United States hand in preventing them from prosecuting him. He is basically holding a knife to the US's throat and demanding they sit back idle and do nothing to stop or impede him.

Preserving his life and maintaining his freedom is NOT a crime, and it's quite sad that you would think it is.

Straw man fallacy. I never claimed preserving one's life and wanting to remain free is a crime.

It seriously doesn't scare you that the government is that afraid that the people find out some of their actions?

Scare me? Why God no, why would it? My quality of life isn't affected by the government because it doesn't rely in government to begin with.

Then again, look who I'm talking to. Somebody who vehemently defends a religion based on fear.

I hate religion and defend none, look at my signature if you have time.

edit on 7-2-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Originally posted by tristar

Originally posted by budski

TPTB have seriously underestimated the power of the web and modern communication devices -

As a gesture to ats and members and my interaction, i suggest you re think that !.

Food for thought...!

Everything is always taken into consideration and if anyone assumed otherwise then i guess they are still living in the dark ages.
I see no reason to.

If TPTB want to do something about the ramblings of a nobody, on an internet forum which is admitedly the best around, then they have seriously underestimated threat levels from the places they said threats were coming from.

OR

If they are placing so much attention on the ramblings of one poster on an internet forum, then maybe the threats they keep telling us about don't exist?

Or perhaps we are responsible for the "severe" alert level indicating a possibility of attack.

Whatever - your post makes little sense to me - and I am not so ego driven that I believe that "they" would single me or us out for special treatment when there are so many people who are posting much worse stuff.

Bottom line is they CAN'T turn off the internet without bringing about the revolution they fear.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I didn't say he hasn't profited from wikileaks, I said that was not his main goal.

The US government went after him first for simply releasing information. The US government isn't being forced to try to punish him.

He is engaged in blackmail to preserve himself and his freedom.

You most certinaly said he is committing a crime by trying to maintain his freedom and his life.

It should scare any reasonable person that their government would be so against any freedom of information. You may say otherwise, but every single person's quality of life in the US is effected by the US government, and it's pure ignorance to say otherwise.

Hate religion? "Enlisted in the Lord's Army" "Silencing the heretics"? Sure look like a christian to me. This is not the thread for that though, I should have left it out of the discussion.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join