It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black History Month

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
I never understood this myself. How is this justifiable? or BET(Black entertainment TV)....or JET magazine, etc...etc... oh and the Negro college fund! Why does the black culture have a free ride to blatantly be racist and at the same time be completely hypocritical at the same time by screaming whites are racist. Most of the time I see blacks self segregating themselves from everyone else. I see it every day here at work. Many will go to lunch and invite some co workers to lunch but instead they will go together with only black workers!....Self segregation.

But this is a product of slavery and goverment brainwashing. We as people can overcome this but I fear people are too closeminded to fix problems on such a large scale. We are all the same, spread love and peace.

edit on 5-2-2011 by BreezeLike because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
AFRICAN HISTORY DOES NOT BEGIN OR END WITH SLAVERY. ALL PEOPLE CAME OUT OF AFRICA. WE CAME BEFORE COLUMBUS. WE HAVE A STRONG HISTORY ON EVERY CONTINENT OF THE WORLD LONG BEFORE THE EUROPEANS STARTED TO TRAVEL.

www.raceandhistory.com...
africanglory.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Check out the links for a tip of the iceberg into everyone's history.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BreezeLike

These funds were set up to correct a process by those in positions of power of systematic denial and segregation that still happens today.

Before you say this is racist, check out all of the funding that schools offer and you will see that there is funding geared to each ethnic group.

You need to correct your way of thinking.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

AFRICAN HISTORY DOES NOT BEGIN OR END WITH SLAVERY. ALL PEOPLE CAME OUT OF AFRICA. WE CAME BEFORE COLUMBUS. WE HAVE A STRONG HISTORY ON EVERY CONTINENT OF THE WORLD LONG BEFORE THE EUROPEANS STARTED TO TRAVEL.

africanglory.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

africanglory.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Color of skin should never matter. Unfortuately, it does to some. Personally, I don't get it. By the way, what color am I?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

If you look you will find that most cultures have a month that they celebrate their history and culture

www3.kumc.edu...
www.frenchheritagesociety.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.greekday.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

It sounds like you have taught your son well.
You should be proud of him.
He doesn't see colors or races, just human faces.
His generation might be the one to end all the racial nonsense going on today.
Let's hope!!

I agree black history month should last all year.
It's a racist proposition to hold up only one race for examination.
Those loudest in favor of it are probably the ones who stir the hate pot the hardest.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Which is why I advocated a White history month, just to be fair to all races. Besides it seems like Black History month starts in January anyway. A week or so before MLK day well into March. I'm not trying to hate on African American's. But is its really the best idea to promote how special one race is, when we are trying to make a world were no one cares what race you are. I have a dream...a dream in which one day a person is judged on their actions, and production to society, not on what the color of their skin is. I don't bother trying to dream about normal people being treated like the pretty ones, because that will never change.

My Point At some point. It's what that we should all be working for
That the color of your skin, where you are from, and what religion you are has no bearing on what job you can get, what type of treatment you receive

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join