It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are they all against me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I am perplexed by the following paradox:

A) People who seem to know something that I don't, and enjoy knowing it.
B) People that think I have some kind of secret.

People in category B think I am one of the people in category A

I feel paranoid about the possibility that:

People in category B are really in category A and they want to know why I haven't "joined them", or that the people in category B know something else that I don't and do not want to tell me because they fear I am in category A.

There are a handful of people that are just as confused as I am, and I think they are suffering from the same affliction, I call them my allies.
edit on 4-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
I am perplexed by the following paradox:

A) People who seem to know something that I don't, and enjoy knowing it.
B) People that think I have some kind of secret.

The paranoia sets in because there are two other alternatives:

People in category B think I am one of the people in category A
People in category B are really in category A and they want to know why I haven't "joined them".

There are a handful of people that are just as confused as I am, and I think they are suffering from the same affliction, I call them my allies.

haha this is kind of funny but i know what you mean exactly. most of the time in the real world people think that I am A and/or B because I tend to be most knowledgeable about things that most people have no idea about. It is a social curse, being infatuated with subjects that are currently anti-social.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

You just describe the root of a major issue.

Separation is a natural process but coupled with modern ego it is dangerous.

People are 99% the same but almost everyone focuses on the 1% difference.

Fear of the unknown leads to destruction. It should fuel the fire that is sense of adventure.

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

There is a lot of thinking, feeling, perplexing and questioning, but what about discussion?

Good, honest communication with people, friend or foe, clarifies much.

Interaction is key.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Think long think wrong.

Know thy enemy.

Keep friends close and your enemies closer.

Real paranoia is evident, when you attend a football game and want to know what's being said in the huttle.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
In philosophy there is a saying "When you think you know, you don't". It is ever a joy in life to keep learning, so not knowing, can be a beautiful thing.

Worry less about what others know or think they know, carve your own path, and do not concern yourself with what others think.

We are all just pilgrams on the path. Each of us struggling to keep on.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Most people think I'm a delusional idiot. I guess that'd be category C. It's pretty crowded in this category.
edit on 2/4/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

By affliction, do you mean paranoia? I ask, not for ridicule, but because of you mentioning in your post that you are paranoid. Why did you choose your thread title as such?

Soke is right, communication is key. true discourse is a thing of sheer beauty.. and a source of vast knowledge and learning.

What others think shouldnt affect one so negatively though.. i.e. "dont worry about it, friend."

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This is a pretty deep thread.
I don't think I'm A or B.

I am, however, a great source of useless information.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Ask not what people in Group B can do for group A; ask rather what people in Group A can do for everybody!

With extra knowledge comes additional responsibility.
People who show none beyond what they are forced to do with taxes are not in Group A.
They merely imagine self-importance.
I suppose image is everything, and perhaps the secret is to act like some "secret" motivates you.
If you can leave a legacy of compassion, then you do have a secret.
It's just so secret you haven't realized it yet.
Why not make your own?
If it's really good you can publish a book and tell the "secret" to everybody who can read.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Rest assured however, that we're all in

Catagory C) Nobody knows, and are all paranoid that everyone else is in catagories A or B.

This balances the equation and brings peace of mind.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Think long think wrong.

Know thy enemy.

Keep friends close and your enemies closer.

Real paranoia is evident, when you attend a football game and want to know what's being said in the huttle.

about you.

it has to end that way to be funny, you missed the end of the punch line there.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It's best to not worry about what others do or do not know, but to seek to improve your own knowledge and share it.

It's also a good idea to be kind to everyone, especially the fearful, so many people you meet think that everyone has the secret of life except them.

Maybe I'm not saying this very well, but there is an underlayer of mystery to all of life; kindness to everyone is the key to happiness, and a joy in learning and teaching will bring peace. If you learn about something that is a threat to you, then keep a very low profile, continue to be kind, and find a good place to hide!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Perhaps I mean to say that there are other people out there that seem to be in a similar state of confusion, and conversations with them always involve the sharing of information, whereas conversations with others involve wearing masks, speaking in tongues, saying one thing but signalling otherwise, or generally just walking past with a smug look and making comments behind my back, or having conversations that are designed to indirectly refer to me, with the idea that I can hear them and the idea that they can refute any of my claims that they are talking about me because they disguise the conversation.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
As an expansion to my initial post, I believe that the people in A and B share a kind of "common dellusion" and basically, what separates each group is basically thier entire perception. The people, lets call it, group C, see things as they are, but I think the people in group A and group B are seeing some other dimension of reality, or unreality. Perhaps its kind of like left brain people vs right brain people, or something to that effect, vs people who see with both of thier real eyes. I get the idea that people in group B are afraid of being "converted" or "selling out" to the people in group A, and that the people in group B are equally paranoid of the regular people that don't fit into either category, as they seem to think they are all the same (like robots or something). From my experiments, I can convince people in group B that I am a normal person, and thus receive no attention, I can convince them I am in group A (and then they become quite opposed to me) and on a rare occasion I can try to humour them and for a split second they believe me to be in thier group. However, they are still paranoid about me, as I am in group C, however, when us group C people get together, things feel just right, conversations flow, emotions are natural and empathetic, however, as soon as you throw a group B person into the mix, things are instantly confused. The group A people keep to themselves, however they share a similar paranoia about the normal people and about the people in group C if they are in large numbers (but we are usually a rare breed), but seem to feel like they have an advantage over people in group B, and are currently trying to wage a war against me because I seem to be on the borderline of figuring out thier "secret" and telling everybody.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Perhaps I should bridge the gap and sell both sides out to each other.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Your quote, "Worry less about what others know or think they know, carve your own path, and do not concern yourself with what others think.", is such excellent advice.

The sooner in life one can rise above the social foolishness of worrying about what others think and just getting on with their own lives the better off one will be.

As I grow older and thankfully gain a little experience and wisdom along the way, I've come to realize what so many before me have known: Very few things really mean a damn in life. Most of it is b.s. and nonsense.

Even more important ( I feel ) is finally realizing that MOST of the things we worry about never come to fruition! Wasted worry, wasted fright, wasted time. My friends, life is too short. I hope you all enjoy your journeys.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i come from a mormon family and i live in utah. not a mormon, myself.

these folks take their "temple ceremony" extremely serious. i have often imagined that there is some complex and dramatic plot that i am on the periphery of. that somehow i am a simple bit player in their magnificent scheme of *Eternal Salvation*.

it was a real revelation to me to take up an independent study of the temple rituals (an illegal act as far as church authority is concerned) and find that i was able to comprehend the rituals better than anyone i had ever met.

since then, i have determined that there truly is no such thing as authority. me, myself, and I are as good as any.

paranoia sucks.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

The simple answer is, as Socrates would say. No "knows" anything. But a lot of people think they do, yourself and myself included.

Or. Yes, you should run and hide now.

edit on 5-2-2011 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: I like cheese.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

As an expansion to my initial post, I believe that the people in A and B share a kind of "common dellusion" and basically, what separates each group is basically thier entire perception. The people, lets call it, group C, see things as they are, but I think the people in group A and group B are seeing some other dimension of reality, or unreality. Perhaps its kind of like left brain people vs right brain people, or something to that effect, vs people who see with both of thier real eyes. I get the idea that people in group B are afraid of being "converted" or "selling out" to the people in group A, and that the people in group B are equally paranoid of the regular people that don't fit into either category, as they seem to think they are all the same (like robots or something). From my experiments, I can convince people in group B that I am a normal person, and thus receive no attention, I can convince them I am in group A (and then they become quite opposed to me) and on a rare occasion I can try to humour them and for a split second they believe me to be in thier group. However, they are still paranoid about me, as I am in group C, however, when us group C people get together, things feel just right, conversations flow, emotions are natural and empathetic, however, as soon as you throw a group B person into the mix, things are instantly confused. The group A people keep to themselves, however they share a similar paranoia about the normal people and about the people in group C if they are in large numbers (but we are usually a rare breed), but seem to feel like they have an advantage over people in group B, and are currently trying to wage a war against me because I seem to be on the borderline of figuring out thier "secret" and telling everybody.

In the explanations that you are offering, I see group A as the self-righteous; group B as the arrogant; group C as the confused, and I don’t fit into any of them.

I am in group D: confident ~ not paranoid or timid.

The Truth is a very simple aspect of life, and men are the only creatures that contemplate and distort reality.

Being at the bottom of this list, I am well-grounded. When the fallout happens, I am protected by the frontlines interrupting it.

Group A tries to keep it all to themselves, but Truth pushes on; group B catches their share and flaunt it; group C is too busy watching groups A and B to get enough, as it passes; group D is at the destination of Truth, and sits surrounded by it.

This is how the first is last, and the last is first.

new topics

top topics

join