It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As an Israeli, I want the Egyptians to win

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

What are you saying? Arab people aren't capable of running a democracy?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeacefulGuerilla

What are you saying? Arab people aren't capable of running a democracy?

Will it help? Let's use the US as an example.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

That's not what I asked, if the Eqyptian people want to have a democracy, they are no less worthy, they should have one. They are no more likely to have a dysfunctional democracy than anyone else.

When you speak of stability you mean stability for American and Israeli interests no? But it doesn't matter if it comes at the expense of the Egyptian people?
edit on 4-2-2011 by PeacefulGuerilla because: add

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
While I truly hope this turns out well in the name of democracy, I cant allow myself to believe that it will. This 'revolution' does not seem to have the 'normal' chain of events taking place.
Namely , there is no lech Walesa or Nelson Mandela type that the people are rallying behind.

This seems to be little more than spurred chaos without direction. Very soon, these people are likely to find them selves without food, fuel, or electricity as the country may well be total disruption. And while the Muslim brotherhood may be but 15% (as someone mentioned), that 15% will then have the position of a revolutionaries dream. And with Obama in the White house, any despot knows the time is now ripe. We can only hope the people of Egypt are not hungry and easily swindled.

p.s. mikeboydUS some time ago, in another thread, you graciously suggested some books....wow what a rabbit hole!!! thanks again

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
B.S.

EVERY Muslim controlled nation is chock full of Islamic radical organizations waiting to take power where they can set up their own version of radical Islamic rule and the world isn't fooled.

The propaganidized think that the security of Israel is the primary cause of radicalization in the Middle East, it isn't anywhere near the list. The beginning of hatred toward the West started with the Crusades and continues into the modern times with OIL.

- The world, not just the Western countries, want their oil - BADLY! And with radical Islamic rule in the Muslim oil-rich countries it would be VERY difficult for Western corporations to rape those countries of their resources.

- With the "world-win" objective of many Islamic radical organizations in the Middle East, it's in the world's best interest to see that not happen.

- Israel IS important to the West - has, is, and will be - especially due to the fact that they're set up to monitor the overall region. Even though they're cannon fodder to some extent, and Israel knows it - trade offs, lots of trade-offs.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join