It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As an Israeli, I want the Egyptians to win

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

As an Israeli, I want the Egyptians to win

www.haaretz.com

I want the Egyptian people to win their revolution. And I say this as an Israeli.

I want our neighbors, the people of Egypt, to show us how it's done. I want you to show us the last thing we expected to see. Because it is only when we see our best consensus assessments proven dead wrong, when the wholly unanticipated stuns us, when the inconceivable turns overnight into the inevitable, that change comes to this place.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The world and the People of Egypt need to know there are many Israelis who do support the liberation of Egypt.

There has to be an objective and balanced discussion about Israel and its reaction to the events in Egypt.

If not, the radicals will dominate the stage and spin anti-Israeli rhetoric.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I think the whole world wants to see power returned to the people, and seeing success in a place like Egypt would be a great start!

Still, I have to think this is a dangerous gamble for an Israeli? We know that governments quickly become corrupt, and if the radical element of the Muslim Brotherhood are able to nail down key positions in a new government, it won't be long before Egypt is once again an enemy of Israel.

We all hope that the moderates maintain control, but I'm afraid history shows us the opposite is true.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
They won't win. It's prophecy unfolding and Yahweh is behind the unrest and already it's spreading to other parts of the world. These are signs of the End Times.

Here's a LINK to a post I made on another thread that explains more about what's occurring in Egypt and why.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Every human would want Egyptians to win.

A win by them would mean a govt, regardless of theocracy or democratic, will have to focus on domestic issues, on how to improve the lives of the dissenting masses. And that will be of immediate concern.

Rather than to continue on with a dictator, whom will misuse his power to play 'wag the dog' with false flags wars that involve the bloodsheds of millions, with nationalistic fervour to drum up noises to cover up the grumblings of tummies.

Th world had seen enough, experienced enough of such sleight of hands tactics.

Solving the hunger of the masses are not problems that cannot be overcome. Existing within govt warehouses are stockpiles of food that can use to alleviate hunger. With a new constitution, along with their wealth of mineral resources, the new economic team can scour the world for food at cheaper prices less the corruptive middlemen whom profits from another's hunger, common in the ME through centuries of 'Baksheesh' that must be eradicated for evolution to occur.

Not to mention that there is an est $70 billion stolen by the dictator that must be seized back, which alone can feed an entire nation for a year or more. They must say NO to IMF and any further loans, for those loans comes with enshackling binding chains that lasts for generations as Americans today had found out. Better to starve, and feed from nature, than to accept the poisoned crumbs from manipulative slavers.

Invention is the mother of neccessity, and thus Egyptian graduates MUST take the entreprenuer path to revolutionalise their rich and fertile Nile plains and harness the energies from the sun and weather. Alone, that plain had more than enough to feed the nation for millenia as well as the entire ME, if properly managed with improved and built upon technology.

A new direction can be forged for the Egyptians that will lead the entire ME humanity - a change from tyrannies, corruptions, inferiority complexes from religious radicalism. A new dawn awaits for our Egyptian fellow brothers and sisters by divine creation, one of the more educated and civilised nation in the ME with centuries of historical significance to the world.

And thus, every human, regardless of differences would welcome freedom of Egypt today, a turning point in the evolution of ME politics and way of life, more so when the revolution came from the growling of hungry tummies.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
ISraeli's want egyptians to win and allow Muslim brotherhood into power? LMAO!!!!!

There's a reason why Hosni Mubarrak is worth $40Bil and that reason is israel/US.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
ISraeli's want egyptians to win and allow Muslim brotherhood into power? LMAO!!!!!

There's a reason why Hosni Mubarrak is worth $40Bil and that reason is israel/US.

Where do you get the idea that the Muslim Brotherhood would control the government? They are a minority among the sea of moderates in the streets.

To quote Al Jazeera from earlier, if these were extremists and radicals in the streets they would be burning American and Israeli flags.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by forklift

Where do you get the idea that the Muslim Brotherhood would control the government? They are a minority among the sea of moderates in the streets.

To quote Al Jazeera from earlier, if these were extremists and radicals in the streets they would be burning American and Israeli flags.

The point is Egyptians have a right to elect whoever they want no matter what kind of ideoligy they may have.

Hamas and Hezbollah didn't force themselves into power, the majority wanted them in power.

And if muslim brotherhood comes into power than the West should support this decision of the Egyptians.

Why should the world revolve around israel and US?

Israel clearly wants mubarrak to stay in power.

Islamists coming out of the woodwork will also show the world the illusion of 'democracy' and who it suits best.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by forklift

Israel's foreign minister, Lieberman wants Mubarak to stay in power.

Lieberman isn't all of Israel, like the Muslim Brotherhood isn't all of Egypt.

Both are radicals and extremists who do not represent the majority of their country.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by forklift

Israel's foreign minister, Lieberman wants Mubarak to stay in power.

Lieberman isn't all of Israel, like the Muslim Brotherhood isn't all of Egypt.

Both are radicals and extremists who do not represent the majority of their country.

That's like saying Hamas, Hezbollah, Ayotallahs, zionist leaders and Ultra zionist Rabbis do not represent their countries.

And i can assure you, these guys are more 'radical' in that sense than muslim brotherhood will ever be.

The point i am trying to make is, whoever the people chose, the West should respect it.Otherwise democracy will turn into a huge farce.

And if islamic brotherhood comes into power in a moderate country like Egypt, than one can expect the rest of the Islamic nations to fall like dominoes in a simillar manner.

Israel's enemies have turned from rag-tag millitant groups into political powers.And the main reason for that is the US policies, illegal wars, illegal zionist expansions and countless deaths in the Middle East.
edit on 4-2-2011 by forklift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Could not agree with you more and what is with all these people saying the muslim brotherhood will take over...they are a minority as you stated and many protestors interviewed want a leader who represent the people of egypt not an existing organization, such as the muslim brotherhood. It is great to see isreali's supporting egypt's people when their own government does not. Just another sign that we the people of this world are all brothers and sisters and need to make sure these governments work for the people instead of for themselves and other interests....

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Id read that the Muslim Brotherhood only made up 15% of the whole pie. They dont have the power that we are being fed that they have IMO. More manipulation and fearmongering. I want the egyptians to liberate themselves.. its every human's right. They started the protest due to the govt causing food prices to soar so high that feeding themselves properly was impossible. They have a 20% poverty level in Egypt. Im all for them ending their govt's scam. There has been little to NO anti-American rhetoric in Egypt... though Iran is pretending there is

Food prices.. Ive said forever that whomever controls the food controls the people. Here in the US.. its coming to us and soon I believe.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The Muslim Brotherhood is not an extremist party anyway.

Ikhwanweb :: The Muslim Brotherhood Official English Website

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PeacefulGuerilla

Its not moderate. It wants Christians and Jews to pay the Jizya tax and keep them from being officers in the armed forces. Women would not have any equality.

It may not be as radical as the Wahabists but they are as radical as some of the Dominionist Christian Right in the America. If they came to power it would be like Pat Robertson taking over the US.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I will concede that, they're currently only a minor party in anycase - and if they ever did want to grow their constituency they would have to become more moderate/mainstream anyway.

Tehran came out yesterday saying that they were the spark for the recent revolutions because of its own in 1979 - the Muslim Brotherhood came out straight after that and said (to the effect) "nothing could be further from the truth, this is a peoples revolution involving many peoples and organisations" and a commentator rebuffed the Ayatollahs claim further by suggesting if they wanted to claim an Iranian influence - it would of been the 2009 protests over the shoddy elections there.

The reason Iran, Hezbollah, Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood etc find the support they do tho, is almost entirely due to the role Israel and Western powers play and the way they conduct themselves in the region.

edit on 4-2-2011 by PeacefulGuerilla because: little typo

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
While I agree with much of what the commentator says about the Israeli Government's mistaken beliefs that they are in control of the situation...and that they are entitled to certain actions and attitudes...I doubt that more than a handful of Israelis will be anything short of extremely alarmed at the developments taking place in Egypt and elsewhere.

While he may applaud the lack of regional security, if not new winds blowing toward war, that these events will create...he may be less enthusiastic - as an Israeli - if his Country some day ceases to exist as a result of the Arab people's awakening, and their ultimate desire to take back what they believe is theirs.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Majority of the masses only want to live in peace. They have no wish for wars. Anytime that they wish to migrate, they were free to do so and subject themselves to the laws of the lands, as mankind had done for centuries.

The only ones whom were hell bent on conquests had always been the greedy few, who force their way to leadership and enforce a people to his will.

Thus, the masses must always be at all times be vigilant of such vulgar beasts wearing the skins of humans and not be misled. They come from the political, economic and religious classes. They exists and are real, just as sadly, Americans found out today.

edit on 4-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeacefulGuerilla
The Muslim Brotherhood is not an extremist party anyway.

Ikhwanweb :: The Muslim Brotherhood Official English Website

LOL. What is this garbage link?

An updated ticker site?...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I think it's very important to have stability, actually crucial in the Middle East. I don't think Mubarak has done anything any differently than the short-term leaders of a democratic society unfortunately. The Egyptians want higher wages and more jobs and a stable economic environment the same as people in the US.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I see you didn't even bother to scroll down, nice contribution.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join