It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koran: myth busted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

I'm sorry, but can you cite the original Arabic for me? My translation gives me:

51:47 We have built the heaven with might, and We it is Who make the vast extent (thereof)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

i got

[51:47] We constructed the sky with our hands, and we will continue to expand it.

[51:48] And we made the earth habitable; a perfect design.

[51:49] We created a pair (male and female) of everything, that you may take heed.

[51:50] You shall escape to GOD. I am sent by Him to you as a manifest warner.

[51:51] Do not set up beside GOD any other god. I am sent by Him to you as a manifest warner.

form khalifa translation . with supporting verses surley surley credits the verse more?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

The splitting of the moon
You might start here:
www.answering-christianity.com...

but simply put, early muslims believed the moon had been split in two, it was supposed to be proof of mo’s prophet hood
its in the Hadith sihih bukhari
www.searchtruth.com...

Narrated Ibn Masud: During the lifetime of Allah's Apostle the moon was split into two parts; one part remained over the mountain, and the other part went beyond the mountain. On that, Allah's Apostle said, "Witness this miracle."

So I find it informative that now that we can examine the moon in high detail, muslims are ignoring what the early muslims said about the moon splitting and are trying desperately to make it look like mo said it was a future event.

<< 1   >>

join