It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And thats why You Don't Argue in Front of Children...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Dont like !!! Parents that argue infront of their children

Little Matthew starts rambling profanities in front of the camera. He's trying to say "lawnmower"

Watch this little boy act out this argument. This is probably why you used to always hear parents say never argue in front of the kids lol. This is probably the closest we'll get to what actually happened that fateful night...

A cutie tells what she would do if a monster comes to her room. Mind you, she says ASK

tryin to say sock

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Good example why i am glad i will never bring anyone into this world.

Nice thread, and of course there is more to this sort of thing.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I don't think that's a "little boy" in the second video. The 4th one, the kid is trying to say sock but is probably missing a tooth or something.

As for the other 2 videos, oh no! Some kids saying some words that some people once decided aren't polite words!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Pure innocent children. how we taint them with our negativity of the world.

This world is so ugly i want off this rock lol

Surley those of us who are good at heart were dropped off earth by accident. and soon they will come and clear up the misunderstanding and take us to the correct planet .

right ats???? RIGHT?????????

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
And we wonder where we went wrong when kids climb on top of buildings with high-powered automatic weapons and unleash a hailstorm of bullets

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision
And we wonder where we went wrong when kids climb on top of buildings with high-powered automatic weapons and unleash a hailstorm of bullets

Right, because swearing means they're going to go kill people? Come on, you never said any "bad words" as a kid?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Nope. You gotta look deeper than that. Between the lines.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Nope. You gotta look deeper than that. Between the lines.

Please, explain it to me. It's usually not the fault of the parents when somebody who's mentally ill goes on a rampage. If that's not what you mean, then please... explain it.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

For one most people are mentally ill, and most people do not go on a rampage, most people organise mobbing and other things to destroy lifes. This is what is sane in society, lol.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
the first one and the last two are funny even though i shouldn't be laughing at them. however the second one is somewhat disturbing. it reminds me of a movie i saw called Tarnation where there's a scene where the male character is a child acting out a woman who is giving her statement about being raped. the entire movie is very dark and disturbing, but the child actor is amazing. even though the boy in the second film is probably reenacting a scene from his home life which is quite sad, he's pretty talented. hopefully his home life won't destroy his talent in the next so many years.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Contributing factors:
1st Kid: Repeating words he's heard repeated in the same fashion in which they were used. He's heard adults saying "I hate you" and "F***g a**holes" - he may or may not be aware that his words are "deviant" of sorts, but he is receiving a lot of positive reinforcement for his misbehavin' from the camera holders. What I'm seeing here is either a silent adult camera holder, or kids playing with a fairly decent camera which indicates probably lack of supervision, even if temporary.

2nd Kid. This is the one I would worry most about. Intelligent with near perfect memory recollection or from such a constant source of domestic abuse and violence to where he can re-enact the scenario without missing a beat. Old enough to where he knows what is going on, and suffering in the midst of it.

3rd Kid - Receiving positive reinforcement for cursing, the adults laughter. Not a big problem at this stage, since when she discovered it was a "bad word" her face showed shock/remorse and total lack of knowledge that it was "bad".

4th Kid: Just a baby, parroting adults.

The thing about kids is that they think that violence is extremely funny, as long as there is no blood or gore or lasting damage. If you think I'm lying, give a toddler a bat and when he finally hits you with it and you tell him "OW, STOP" - as long as you don't scare him with the words, he'll make a game of it. Positive reinforcement (laughing at them or encouraging) for negative (unwanted) behavior is such a bad thing.

I'm making the assumption that these kids are raised by their parents.
The only ones I can discount as being a "one time event" are the last two.
The first one has other older kids around him to encourage his behavior for their lol's, unless parents intervene and I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't know this movie of their child is on the internet.
The 2nd one is headed for juvie

While none of this explicitly states that they have a future as a mass-murderer, it is paving the way for more extreme acts of deviant behavior in their future.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Contributing factors:
1st Kid: Repeating words he's heard repeated in the same fashion in which they were used. He's heard adults saying "I hate you" and "F***g a**holes" - he may or may not be aware that his words are "deviant" of sorts, but he is receiving a lot of positive reinforcement for his misbehavin' from the camera holders. What I'm seeing here is either a silent adult camera holder, or kids playing with a fairly decent camera which indicates probably lack of supervision, even if temporary.

2nd Kid. This is the one I would worry most about. Intelligent with near perfect memory recollection or from such a constant source of domestic abuse and violence to where he can re-enact the scenario without missing a beat. Old enough to where he knows what is going on, and suffering in the midst of it.

3rd Kid - Receiving positive reinforcement for cursing, the adults laughter. Not a big problem at this stage, since when she discovered it was a "bad word" her face showed shock/remorse and total lack of knowledge that it was "bad".

4th Kid: Just a baby, parroting adults.

The thing about kids is that they think that violence is extremely funny, as long as there is no blood or gore or lasting damage. If you think I'm lying, give a toddler a bat and when he finally hits you with it and you tell him "OW, STOP" - as long as you don't scare him with the words, he'll make a game of it. Positive reinforcement (laughing at them or encouraging) for negative (unwanted) behavior is such a bad thing.

I'm making the assumption that these kids are raised by their parents.
The only ones I can discount as being a "one time event" are the last two.
The first one has other older kids around him to encourage his behavior for their lol's, unless parents intervene and I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't know this movie of their child is on the internet.
The 2nd one is headed for juvie

While none of this explicitly states that they have a future as a mass-murderer, it is paving the way for more extreme acts of deviant behavior in their future.

Where to begin...

Let's start with the second video. Seriously, it doesn't even look like a little kid. And what kid is going to record themselves acting out an argument between their parents? Seems to me like that video is some teenager who is into theater recording themselves so they can try to better themselves. Funny how it can so easily be spun around into a positive thing isn't it?

The first video. Seems to me like some older siblings and maybe some of their friends were getting him to talk like that, and he felt like it was making him cool. Honestly, you didn't even say much about this video except the kid was getting positive reinforcement and a bit of a lack of supervision.

The third and fourth videos, nothing wrong there. The fourth one especially, the kid didn't even say anything wrong. To the kid's knowledge he was saying sock but as I said before, probably missing a tooth or two.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The only thing that I got from this thread is that provably none of you have any children, and if you do, with all due respect, you have no freaking idea of what you are saying.

People exaggerate problems in kid's infant life, and make those scapegoats for the parents own faults.

Kids take in much of what goes around them, it's true, but that works both ways. They don't get only the bad things, like swearing, fighting and treating someone bad. They also get the notion of consequences, and how things are handled.

A kid isn't going to waste his life if he witnesses his parents fighting. He will if the parents fight, and beat eachother and/or him. He will if there is no arguing at all at home.

There is a balance between right and wrong, and cause and effect and it's consequences.

A couple can fight in the presence of a kid, as long as the message passed is that there was a problem between two people, which are the persons he watches the most, and that those two people argued to get their disagreement solved.

If your kids watch you fight, but also see you ask for forgiveness for your mistakes, or coming to an agreement (a reasonable and healthy one, obvisously) that's a good life lesson right there.

Kids grow into teenagers and then to adults by absorving their parents behavior, in social life and in private.

It's obvious that there are going to be discussions in this kids life. The question is, did those fights helped the kid how to handle them, to fear them, or to enjoy and use them?

You don't have to protect your kid from the "nasty world", because if you do, what those kids will learn is that the world is a great place to live, with a false sense of happyness and that nothing can harm them. Mostly, it will be a kid with a feeling like that, that will be hurt, abuse and chewed by the world by not knowing how to handle bad things that happen in his life. From labor, to personal relationships and to social life.

What you must concern yourself to do, however, is to give your child good life lessons. That bad doings make bad consequences, that hurting someone is wrong, and that a arguement is a good thing if you learn to respect the other person, and you work your way to settle your differences, and not to attack them.

I'm seriously more and more concerned about this "let put our kids in a safety bottle" attitude. It hurts them much, much more than anything else. Mostly because that by the time they are able to figure out how the world really ticks, it will be too late.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'll just add that as a kid, I endured my parents' fighting quite a lot (more than I care to remember.) Now though, I have a professional IT job already at 19. I wasn't too different from the kid in the first video. All through middle and high school I had quite a mouth on me. Seriously, people freak out over a bit of cussing way too easily.

top topics

join