It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is in the heavens.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Really wish that you'd learn how to use the "quote" function of ATS.

Originally posted by seedofchucky
reply to post by adjensen

"Originally posted by seedofchucky
"I do not think jesus would lie to me . I do not think God would lie to me

Then why did two of your points state "Jesus lied"?

j) jesus lied . he said i could move a mountain but i cant

k) jesus lied told me i could drink poison and not die ..

Sure looks like "Jesus lied" to me. Or is it just another misspelling?"

Why quote mine without the rest of it ???

.. snip ..

"I do not think jesus would lie to me . I do not think God would lie to me

That isn't from the same post, you said it later. So, by your logic, if I make two contradictory statements, I can point to one of them as evidence that I never said the other one?

ie:
"'Bride of Chucky' is the worst movie ever."
"'Bride of Chucky' is not the worst movie ever."
"I never said 'Bride of Chucky' is the worst movie ever! Look, here's where I said it wasn't!"

Worst. Argument. Ever.

you responded to half of them ? are you kidding me or is lying part of christianity ?

Okay, so I guess math isn't your strong suit, either. In your original post (here) you posted eleven points. In my response (here) I replied directly to six of them (seven, really, because the "drink poison" point was the same as the previous one.)

Six is more than half of eleven, Ace.

Keep up the good work, you're making a great case for logic and sensibility in your arguments.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Right, six is more than half of eleven. What else would you do, respond to 5.5 of them to make it exactly half? Sounds like you're getting desperate.

Funny that you mention contradictory statements, as the bible is full of them.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03

Right, six is more than half of eleven. What else would you do, respond to 5.5 of them to make it exactly half? Sounds like you're getting desperate.

So, are you claiming mathematical illiteracy as well, or just going along with the "if I whine about things enough, it makes a point?" I clearly did respond to more than half of his "points".

But, perhaps you can illuminate the thread with your wisdom. To his claim that "Jesus lied" about moving a mountain with faith, I gave three reasonable options that answer the question without resorting to God, Jesus or the Bible lying. What is your counter argument to what I posted?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

He can defend his points as he sees fit, it's not my place to do so.

Mathematical illiteracy? Where am I whining about anything at all? Perhaps by half, he meant as close to half of 11 as you can get for answering questions? To be honest, "Who cares what you want" doesn't really count as answering questions, and you used it to answer 2 of his.

You'd think arguing in favor of some all-powerful being would be a lot easier if it actually existed.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

He can defend his points as he sees fit, it's not my place to do so.

Mathematical illiteracy? Where am I whining about anything at all? Perhaps by half, he meant as close to half of 11 as you can get for answering questions?

Your response to reasonable replies being a lot of "oh, I feel sorry for these theists" is whining. If you have something constructive to add, do so, but don't confuse arrogance and name calling with adding to a conversation.

To be honest, "Who cares what you want" doesn't really count as answering questions, and you used it to answer 2 of his.

Of course it does. He expressed an opinion, and I dismissed it, because it's not a point of argument. Yes, he has an opinion, but who cares? I have an opinion, too. So do you. How are any of those a debatable fact? He doesn't "expect" God to have a son, but Christianity teaches that he does, so who cares what he thinks?

It's a bit like someone saying "I expect the sun should be square and blue and twenty feet from the Earth" and then demanding that you refute it.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

There was no name calling from me. Don't try to make me say things I didn't say.

So he has an opinion. The whole argument of religion is based on opinion. It's your opinion that god exists. It's our opinion that he doesn't exist. There is, as of yet, no hard evidence either way although there are more signs that there isn't a god.

You don't want to comment on why god chose to have a son instead of a daughter to represent him on earth? How much do you really know about who Jesus was? Very little is known about who he really was.

Why do I let myself get sucked into these useless discussions? No use arguing with a fanatic. (Not name-calling, you fit the definition of fanatic perfectly)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Why do I let myself get sucked into these useless discussions? No use arguing with a fanatic. (Not name-calling, you fit the definition of fanatic perfectly)

Wait, wasn't it you that was cheering on the guy who couldn't put together a rational counter argument with:

Until they decide to use logic and reason, there's no point in arguing with them.

I gave him a reasoned response. He started sniveling about my answer being "unfair" for some reason, then you come in to declare that he's the one who is logical? In your world, rational thought is illogical and whining is logical?

Your sole contributions to the thread are to say that you "feel sorry for theists" and that whining is logical, but your conclusion is that I'm a fanatic? You even tried to defend his claim that I hadn't replied to half of his points.

I provided a reasonable reply to his ravings. No one, including you, has yet to respond to them, apart from complaining that I dared to reply.

Sorry, but a fanatic is someone who is convinced that they are right, simply because it is their belief, and the two of you are the only ones in this thread displaying such an attitude.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Actually, I was in this thread far before chucky was. Look at that, half of your post dismissed with a single sentence.

I never complained that you dared to reply. In fact, my posts in the first 2 pages of the thread still haven't gotten any real answers. I suggest you refresh your memory before you go accusing anybody of anything.

You're doing nothing but proving that you prefer to target the person instead of targeting what they say. I'm done with this thread though unless one of you "Christians" can come up with something worthwhile.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I never complained that you dared to reply. In fact, my posts in the first 2 pages of the thread still haven't gotten any real answers. I suggest you refresh your memory before you go accusing anybody of anything.

Well, I don't see much there, apart from the usual "I don't have an argument, so I'll just accuse God of being evil" fundamentalist nonsense, and since I am neither a fundamentalist nor a Jew, you'll have to continue to wait on an answer from someone who is.

However, you did pose this:

Which is it? Was Jesus God's son, or was he god? It constantly gets switched around by you people (Yes, I said "You people"! Quick, everybody freak out!)

Curious, I've never seen it "switched around", much less constantly, unless you're just unable to understand the concept, because he can be accurately described as both.

God consists of three hypostasis (Greek word, roughly equates to "person", though not in the commonly used sense, and not entirely equal,) that are independent, but not separate. Father, Son, Holy Spirit. All the same essence, all God, but separate hypostasis.

The concept (which is church doctrine, but isn't explicitly spelled out in scripture) arose out of the observation that the earliest records of the church showed that people were worshiping Jesus as God. If there is only one God (as there must be,) and the scripture points to Christ being God, but independent of the Father (and the Spirit) how does that work.

Very smart man, by the name of Augustine, worked it out... oh, about 1600 years ago, and that's the way it's been treated ever since. If you haven't studied it, you probably can't make sense of it, but, until you've studied it, that's your deficiency, not the doctrine's.

Hope that helps!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
this thread moved on with some fine debating. What we learn is to stand alone in our truth. When you find the ways to get together in these circumstances it is good for the world. We get a common vision on the world and shty people so we don't get bothered. Don't take things to hard sometimes. There is place for understanding. Communication is used to set ourselves free and get an own point of view how to handle the world. I sure hope we made some progress. I'll cut the crap.

Jesus took distance from his soul just to be in the power of regaining it.

Thank you for contributing.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Hey, did you know? God is in the heavens. The search you do for Him will be your death. Pray to Jesus, know Him and know a God the Father. You'll see where you get from there.

not really gonna argue cause I'm a Christian Mystic ..

however I would like to add that the Kingdom of Heaven is within you ...go within and you will directly experience the Heavens and God....

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Can we report someone for being an idiot? I mean really, he's hurting his own cause by sending random pics.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join