It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is in the heavens.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
I could easily sit here and break down your reason and logic you posted above . But whats the point ??

I don't know, to demonstrate that you are capable of critical thinking? Thus far, you've simply displayed ignorance, an inability to form coherent thoughts, and a lot of "my opinion is all that matters" arrogance.

As I said before, if you don't want to believe Christianity, that's fine. But give up the belief that your vapid arguments would convince anyone other than yourself of your conclusions.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I don't know, to demonstrate that you are capable of critical thinking? Thus far, you've simply displayed ignorance, an inability to form coherent thoughts, and a lot of "my opinion is all that matters" arrogance.

That's commonly referred to either narcissism or God complex.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

"As I said before, if you don't want to believe Christianity, that's fine. But give up the belief that your vapid arguments would convince anyone other than yourself of your conclusions."

Its hard to argue with someone who responds like this .....

"Now, there are three possibilities. First, Christ may have been speaking metaphorically "

How do you expect me or anyone to take you seriously child ? Please tell me how i can take christianity seriously with this LOGIC ? Any bull# you just cover up with 100 differnt posibilities .

You see how easy it is to change your view on the bible ? By thinking you have the correct meaning ? when there are so many possibilities and no way to verify it ?

Your a joke , your logic is a joke , and your bible is a joke.

I want to take you seroiusly but i can't with the fairy tale you make up

"I don't know, to demonstrate that you are capable of critical thinking?"

Change the topic from your sugar coating bull# to attack me .....real cute .

how about this demonstrate the bible is not full of # ? which you have failed to do so

"and a lot of "my opinion is all that matters" arrogance"

EXCUSE ME?

When its hard for you to debate someone you start to make # up ?

My opinion is just that my opinion. Its not all that matters. The truth is what matters. You've failed to show me the truth in the Bible. You've shown me how to sugar coat BULL# in the Bible so it doesn't seem as bad ?

sorry try again...........this is a recording
edit on 8-2-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

That's commonly referred to either narcissism or God complex.

True enough. Makes you wonder what on Earth prompts it, though. I've come across people with whom I've had deep disagreements, but whom you can't help but respect and say "here's someone with something to say."

And they manage it with a lot less arrogance than someone who can't spell, argues from ignorance and thinks that opinion trumps fact.

Your a joke , your logic is a joke , and your bible is a joke.

So your response is that no, you are not capable of critical thinking. And you seem to be of the belief that if you swear a lot, it makes your argument all the stronger. It does not -- it just makes you look all the more childish and ignorant.

When you are ready to grow up and have a reasonable discussion that doesn't focus on your opinion, the question remains open -- I have given you three reasonable responses to your claim that "Jesus lied", please feel free to refute them or postulate your own.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Btw thats a cute pagen satanic symbolic picture you have on your ATS Tag.

idol worship much ?

Crucifixion is an ancient method of painful execution in which the condemned person is tied or nailed to a large wooden cross (of various shapes) and left to hang until dead " en.wikipedia.org...

What would you say if i wore a waterboarding symbol ? or about the gas chamber symbol ?

no cruifixion no christianity ?

crucifixion or cruciFICTION ?

This guy seems to know the bible more then your biggest scholars ?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

"So your response is that no, you are not capable of critical thinking. And you seem to be of the belief that if you swear a lot, it makes your argument all the stronger. It does not -- it just makes you look all the more childish and ignorant.

When you are ready to grow up and have a reasonable discussion that doesn't focus on your opinion, the question remains open -- I have given you three reasonable responses to your claim that "Jesus lied", please feel free to refute them or postulate your own"

Why cherry pick my quotes and ignore everything else ?

its called quote mining my good man . Silly tactic when you want to change the topic , refuse to answer the points , or realize you've made a fool of your self and you try and save what little face u have left.

The more you talk the more i sway further from Bible and your version of Jesus .

Really your not doing anyone a favor by hiding from my points

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

" I have given you three reasonable responses to your claim that "Jesus lied", please feel free to refute them or postulate your own""

lol and you want me to take you serious? My claim was not that jesus lied . My claim was the bible lied . Why do you make # up ?

Why lie ? when you pretend to profess the truth ?

Why?

Why?

Why?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

"And they manage it with a lot less arrogance than someone who can't spell, argues from ignorance and thinks that opinion trumps fact."

You should really google what an opinion is ......

here i will do it for you .

"An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts"

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

" I have given you three reasonable responses to your claim that "Jesus lied", please feel free to refute them or postulate your own""

lol and you want me to take you serious? My claim was not that jesus lied .

Oh, sorry. Who was logged into your account when this post: www.abovetopsecret.com... was made that included a video titled "Jesus Lied"?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Yes, the cross. I love the symbol. To me it's a love letter from the Almighty written in blood.

Did you have a point to make?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The more you talk the more i sway further from Bible and your version of Jesus .

Well, unfortunately for you, I'm not an evangelist. I don't really care whether you are a Christian or not.

Really your not doing anyone a favor by hiding from my points

Still waiting for you to make one, Ace. Thus far, you're shooting blanks.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

"Oh, sorry. Who was logged into your account when this post: www.abovetopsecret.com... was made that included a video titled "Jesus Lied"?"

Don't be sorry im used to christian trolls

Why not post this up which is on the same page?

The video jesus lied. is not by me i linked it to show you bible verses for my supporting statements.

here

"I do not think jesus would lie to me . I do not think God would lie to me

Conclusion = Bible been tampered with so much you misplaced God and Jesus in the process.

Please don't disrespect Jesus and God by partnering them with such a broken book known as the bible ?

If you were the creator would you not be pissed ? i know i would be "

"Still waiting for you to make one, Ace. Thus far, you're shooting blanks"

lol please don't make me laugh . All your doing is trolling now trying to save what little face you have left.

You've ignored how much of my post ? tried to change the topic ... quote mine .... and flat out misrepresent my words?

Why ?

How do you christians sleep at night with this sort of flawed logic ?

edit on 8-2-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Yes, the cross. I love the symbol. To me it's a love letter from the Almighty written in blood.

Did you have a point to make?

Well if you checked out that video serier you would see the point

no crucifixtion no christianity ?

if no christianity then how can that be a love letter from the almight god ?

if its not a love letter from almighty

then it could possibly be satans symbol you wear as the tag ? making fun of god ? and not even realize it ?

Is satans best trick to make it seem like he doesnt existt?

but you could careless . Becasue your mind is already made up ? Even though there is evidence to the contrary?

Could you least watch the series?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Then why did two of your points state "Jesus lied"?

j) jesus lied . he said i could move a mountain but i cant

k) jesus lied told me i could drink poison and not die ..

Sure looks like "Jesus lied" to me. Or is it just another misspelling?

You've ignored how much of my post ?

Well, you made about ten points, I responded to about half of them, and you ignored what I said and starting whining about Christians arguing with you. So I'm not sure that the ball is in my court to address the other half of your gibberish.

The whole of your argument is "I don't like Christians and that's all that matters", which isn't much of an argument. You don't understand theology, religion or history, you don't understand scripture, and as a result, you have nothing to say. But keep up the name calling, foot stomping and swearing -- they're an awesome demonstration

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

"Originally posted by seedofchucky

Then why did two of your points state "Jesus lied"?

j) jesus lied . he said i could move a mountain but i cant

k) jesus lied told me i could drink poison and not die ..

Sure looks like "Jesus lied" to me. Or is it just another misspelling?"

Why quote mine without the rest of it ???

Conclusion = Bible been tampered with so much you misplaced God and Jesus in the process.

Please don't disrespect Jesus and God by partnering them with such a broken book known as the bible ?

If you were the creator would you not be pissed ? i know i would be

clearly thats abotu the jesus of the BIBLE .

Why quote mine without adding the rest ??? I don't understand ?

to try and make me look like a liar ? when i made it quite clear ?

"Well, you made about ten points, I responded to about half of them, and you ignored what I said and starting whining about Christians arguing with you. So I'm not sure that the ball is in my court to address the other half of your gibberish.

The whole of your argument is "I don't like Christians and that's all that matters", which isn't much of an argument. You don't understand theology, religion or history, you don't understand scripture, and as a result, you have nothing to say. But keep up the name calling, foot stomping and swearing -- they're an awesome demonstration "

you responded to half of them ? are you kidding me or is lying part of christianity ?

I like christians i just don't like the liars . Just like i like the jews and muslims but i don't like there liars either.

"You don't understand theology, religion or history, you don't understand scripture, and as a result, you have nothing to say"

loool nothing to say ? who are you kidding ?

you ignore my posts and change and minipulate my words quote mine ?

Why are you kidding your self ? Does this help you sleep at night ?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Well if you checked out that video serier you would see the point.

No, you make a point.

no crucifixtion no christianity ?

Absurd.

if no christianity then how can that be a love letter from the almight god ?

Even secular sources say Christ was crucified on a Roman cross. What they reject is that he was the Son of God. The Babylonian Talmud even states Christ did numerous miracles, they don't attribute them to Him being God in the flesh but instead claim Christ was a simple magician.

if its not a love letter from almighty

Since you feel it's logical to be arbitrary I'll argue that way also...

Yes, it is.

then it could possibly be satans symbol you wear as the tag ? making fun of god ? and not even realize it ?

Christ took everything from satan that day at Calvary, that would not include his symbol if that were the case prior to the crucifixion?

Is satans best trick to make it seem like he doesnt existt?

We agree there.

but you could careless . Becasue your mind is already made up ? Even though there is evidence to the contrary?

I was just thinking the same thing about you, how ironic.

Could you least watch the series?

You haven't given me a good reason to.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Chucky, this whole discussion has reinforced only one belief for me.

It's impossible to argue with religious fanatics using logic. If they were using logic, they wouldn't believe in what they've been taught by a book that in now way resembles the bible as it was originally written. Any point you may make against them, they have a number of "Get out of jail free" cards. They can just say it's meant to test your faith, that you're just ignorant, that it was meant to be interpreted differently, or that you can't understand without faith. I say let them be delusional. They question your critical thinking skills, while they refuse to question the bible or christianity.

Until they decide to use logic and reason, there's no point in arguing with them.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

"No, you make a point."

My points get ignorned , quote minded , changed , misrepsented . Debating a christian is like teaching a monkey to use google.

I asked you to watch the video , but you've failed. to do so . it was in refrence to christianity and the cross. you asked about the point to it . i made my point no crucfiction no christianity and gave you a link which breaks it down in detail for in you in a debate. Why pretend like you can't read?

"Absurd. "

of course it is when you live in a fairy tale

"Even secular sources say Christ was crucified on a Roman cross. What they reject is that he was the Son of God. The Babylonian Talmud even states Christ did numerous miracles, they don't attribute them to Him being God in the flesh but instead claim Christ was a simple magician"

Sure and i've heard many say he doesn't even exist as a person , i've also heard people say he was never on the cross , he was replaced with a look alike . Which secular source? do you have one which represents all of them ? give me a break .

Christ was no magician . God would never be in flesh imo. There is no need too . Unless your hiding something about god

"Since you feel it's logical to be arbitrary I'll argue that way also...

Yes, it is. "

Well if you watched that video you would see no crusifixtion means no christanity . If thats the case and he can show complelling verses from the bible to prove it ....then surley you would take it into consideration?

Deedat is one of the best bible scholars and hes not even christian . The man knows more about it then your highest scholars do . Surley his word means something ? r.i.p deedat.

"Christ took everything from satan that day at Calvary, that would not include his symbol if that were the case prior to the crucifixion? "

Again your refrencing from the bible . Which is extactly what is the problem here . Its NOT A CREADIBLE source.

"I was just thinking the same thing about you, how ironic"

My mind is not made up . I do not have all the answers nor know the truth about our existence . What i do know is we have the ability to see bull# and call bull# when we see it . When the claims do not stand up to evidence and facts at hand.

I would love to take the bible seriously but look at this post and that other clown and his responses. He dodges trolls quote mines . Like i have had with many christians .

Its hard to take serious when they play silly games to uphold there baseless fairy tale. that contradicts so many differnt things . Its not even funny anymore how many things are wrong wtih the bible. and how it can't possiblly be the work of a diivine inspiration .

"You haven't given me a good reason to."

thats because reason and logic are oxymorans to bible and christanity my good man

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

your right lol. it really is a lost cause .

i remember a good quote familiar to what your saying .

"You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into"

its just shocking sometimes how they uphold it , then the excuses they use to get out of it . Then still pretend like its truth lol amazing . shock and awe sometimes

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I almost feel bad for them. When evidence is found that we weren't created by any "God" in the form that they believe exists, and it will be found, there goes everything that they put so much energy into. So much of their life into.

Almost being the key word.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join