It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is in the heavens.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hey, did you know? God is in the heavens.
The search you do for Him will be your death.
Pray to Jesus, know Him and know a God the Father.
You'll see where you get from there.

edit on 2011/2/4 by etherical waterwave because: change

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
there is no god in heaven, it is all a conspiracy and heaven is just a state of mind. please listen to the words i speak as you are being fooled by a corrupt organisation who's main aim is to earn a profit so they can wear nice purple,black or red robes and use their position of trust to corrupt the minds of the innocent and needy.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I didn't ask for this, I didn't, I didn't, I didn't ask for this

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Umm... What? What didn't you ask for, a tooth?
edit on 4-2-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
You're still making no sense and random pictures of teeth isn't going to change that. Come on now, use your words! You can do it!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Could you ask jesus why he knowingly went on a suicide mission ?

could you ask god why he sent his "son" on a suicde mission ?

Whats next for god ? suicide bombers?

Tell god i got better ways to deal with the situations around the world he doesn't have to keep killing people and sending them on such missions

teeth this

edit on 4-2-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

But that's what god is all about, isn't he? Killing people? Sure seems like it if you go by the bible.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03

But that's what god is all about, isn't he? Killing people? Sure seems like it if you go by the bible.

Well i don't think any god i would ever consider worshiping would be of such cruel intentions.

I must conclude man is responsible for the killing and using god as there mask .

The invisible diety gets blamed for everything
....... but then again he is the one in charge of this shindig ...surley with the snap of a finger he could undo all the bad right?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

those teeth are definatly holy, there is no doubting that

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I meant all the people god himself kills in the old testament.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
there is no god in heaven, it is all a conspiracy and heaven is just a state of mind. please listen to the words i speak as you are being fooled by a corrupt organisation who's main aim is to earn a profit so they can wear nice purple,black or red robes and use their position of trust to corrupt the minds of the innocent and needy.

What makes you think he is Catholic?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
anyway why is god always referred to as the father, isnt this a bit sexist in this day and age, i mean we are hardly under sharia law in the western world.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I meant all the people god himself kills in the old testament.

Moot point. Every soul that has ever lived has died by divine appointment from God.

Thousands will die today by divine appointment from God.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

desmond tutu isnt a catholic and he wears a nice purple robe and many non catholic reverends wear black so i am unsure of your question since i am the grand child of a protestant reverend so i would surely know what colour outfit they wear.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Oh, so killing people is fine because he's god? Seriously, that's your argument?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
also what about that crazy story where god asks abraham to sacrifice his son to show his loyalty to god, i know he stops him at the last moment but its not really a very ethical thing to do now is it.
this god bloke just seems like a real nasty piece of work tbh.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
What makes you think he is Catholic?

Well, Roman Catholic, anyway. He is most assuredly catholic (by the definition of the word.)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Oh, so killing people is fine because he's god? Seriously, that's your argument?

He created us, is it not His sovereign right to decide when our lives are over? I look at it another way. God's abundant mercy allows us to continue to live years after we first sin against Him instead of killing us at the first transgression.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
also what about that crazy story where god asks abraham to sacrifice his son to show his loyalty to god, i know he stops him at the last moment but its not really a very ethical thing to do now is it.
this god bloke just seems like a real nasty piece of work tbh.

It was a test of Abraham's faith. And Abraham's faith was so strong in God that he knew if he killed Issac God would resurrect him from the dead. Seeing it was Issac whom God promised Abraham would be the seed of many nations.

Secondly, the sacrifice of Issac was just a type/foreshadow of God offering His own Son Jesus on that same hill in the future. One of the things you may want to understand is every detail in the OT is a type/foreshadow of the life, ministry, or death of Jesus.

Many things make absolutely no sense in the OT until you put Christ right in the middle of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join