It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mubarak splits Israel from neocons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Mubarak splits Israel from neocons

dyn.politico.com

As Israeli leaders worriedly eye the protests and street battles in neighboring Egypt, they’ve been dismayed to find that the neoconservatives and hawkish Democrats who are usually their most reliable American advocates are cheering for Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak’s fall.

“You should have also thought about Israel before hurrying to call upon Mubarak to go,”

“I don’t take neocon views very seriously, except when they result in U.S. policy which, in turn, means it turns into a disaste
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Interesting article
Of course Mubarak in Egypt very much allows a consistent oppression of palestine.

However I find it despicable that Israel wants a dictator to stay in reign for over 30years just so they keep a militant edge over palestine and other countries in the region.

In my opinion all of this comes back to just one thing, Foreign Aid.
From Mubarak being in power for so long and the egyptian protests, to the Yemen protests and Israel doing what it does best - Oppress!

Everything centers around our foreign aid that we can't even afford.

It MUST end here!

dyn.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

As far as foreign aid goes, the US spends the most, yet when compared to GDP its like less than 1-2 percent.

As far as Mubarik being in power, you can thank the Muslim Brotherhood for that. They are the ones who assasinated President Sadat back in the day for signing a peace treaty with Israel. Mubarik was VP at the time, and was wounded in the attack.

As far as Israels reaction, the saying the devil you know beats the devil you dont holds true. All politics are local, from the US pumping foreign aid into a country to support a government friendly to the US, to Iran pumping foreign aid into a country to support a government friendly to Iran.

Its not just a US thing to buy off governments, and attempts of people to consistently argue that point strike me as having tunnel vision and a naieve outlook.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
i think that europe should just send a load of aid ships to palestine with a heavily armed convoy from the uk and russian navys, this would send out a message to the world and the us would not risk damaging its relationship with europe to try and put a stop to this. also if israel tried to open fire on the convoy then the might of the following uk and russian navys would obliterate those israeli helicopters and battle ships.

edit on 4-2-2011 by lewman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Many Israelis actually support freedom for the Egyptian people and regime change in Egypt.

We need to be objective about this or the radicals will spin all of Israel is against Egypt, which isn't true.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
As far as foreign aid goes, the US spends the most, yet when compared to GDP its like less than 1-2 percent.

It's not how much it spends as much as what it's used for that is important
Foreign Aid mostly stays in the hands of dictators and does not go to the people.

Originally posted by Xcathdra
As far as Mubarik being in power, you can thank the Muslim Brotherhood for that.

No, you can thank the U.S. for that!
You can thank the U.S. for many dictators in the middle east

The US has endorsed $150 million in supplemental aid to Jordan, increasing the total foreign assistance to the Kingdom during 2010 to $1.3 billion

With the supplemental assistance, total US aid to Jordan for 2010 stands at $810 million

www.jordantimes.com...

Egypt:

Washington’s sudden aural ability to “hear the people/share their pain” has to be put in the context of American governments having created this regime and assiduously backing it with over $45 billion in military support. The US government, past and present, has willingly colluded with Murbarak’s police state in murder, terror and immiseration of the Egyptian people.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Don’t expect the shadow-war money spigot to close. The U.S. gives Yemen between $200 and $300 million annually in (mostly) military aid, supplying everything from attack helicopters to cargo planes to commando training. In a country with a 35 percent unemployment rate and a weak central government, that aid is happily diverted so Saleh can buy tribal chiefs’ loyalties.

www.wired.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
i think that europe should just send a load of aid ships to palestine with a heavily armed convoy from the uk navy, this would send out a message to the world and the us would not risk damaging its relationship with europe to try and put a stop to this. also if israel tried to open fire on the convoy then the might of the following uk and russian navys would obliterate those israeli helicopters and battle ships.

Well, if we really wanted to end this peacefully we could leverage a border force from all nations of the Commonwealth*** one that would offer security to both Israel and Palestine... there is a need to end the violence, not make it worse.

From there we (Commonwealth) can open Gaza, and using the ports of Cyrus to ensure that both sides get what they need as they progress to a peaceful solution both sides peoples are happy with.

Perhaps under the wings of the Commonwealth, we might see Israel and Palestine battling on the sports field of the Commonwealth games instead of each others back yards..

Personally I lean towards wanting peace, and for all peoples to prospers.. I guess that makes me a sad old git really.

***The reason I forward the Commonwealth as a solution is that Palestine have inquired to become members and Israel has also skirted around the issue.. so on that score there is some common ground.

ETA
PS.. Apologies to the OP for the off Topic response.
edit on 4/2/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

i wasnt hoping to start a war, i was just hoping that europe will say a big f**k you to israels trade embargoes against palestine, you know the one where turkish aid ships get raided when they try to help.
israel wouldnt have the balls to attack the russian and uk navys as they are the second and 4th largest in the world(i think the uk still holds 4th spot) and then once the palestinian people start receiving needed aid to build their communities and house those who have been displaced, they will be able to gain confidence aswell as israel losing some of their seemingly untouchable status.

new topics

top topics

join