It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you want to fix America? Here are four simple ways to start

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

If a company is making a better product at a cheaper price, then they should get the business.

It's called a "free market" society.

If a company is making a poor product, then they should go out of business. Not get (currently) government subsities!!!

and if a company makes a deadly product...it's top executives should go to prison. the way it is now...it's similar to someones son or daughter who gets a speeding ticket, and the parents end up paying the fine for it. the company executives initiate the damage, and the corporation (through it's investors stake in the company) are given the fine.
in both cases, the ones affected ARE NOT the ones responsible.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The very thought of those statists/interventionists is bone chilling.....suggesting the state make decisions for the people..Im baffled as to why people no longer take pride in themselves, and think government decisions for their lives is the best way to go?

By the way OP, you know the theory, " For every action there is a direct and equal reaction"? Have those statists you wish to embrace, push their agenda on those who see tings clearly, and see what type of reaction you get....
120 grain FMJ, is what you get.

The founding fathers stood up to this very travesty...

Thomas Jefferson once wrote:

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have a problem with entry number one. First off, that policy would cause another tax which sucks because while i believe it's good to pay for roads and an unfortunate person who's wheelchair-bound, I refuse to take responsibility for someone else's offspring's maturity. It's idealistic garbage. Not everyone's is the same. While it might be efficient to slap someone to bring them to common sense, it might have an adverse effect on someone other. It's aggravated by the fact that any tax, however it might be beneficial, leaves behind what's called a "dead weight loss". I refuse to support this loss which can be avoided if the person's maturity is left for market forces to decide. Want to eat? Work. Hate authority? Quit your job! Still hungry? Go get a job. Nobody's taxed. Benefits outweigh the costs. Course, Bobby and Jenny might decide to have 10 kids and hop on welfare, but it's not market's problem. Welfare is decided on by government. Last but not least, professional military is more efficient than soldiers that received half-assed training. Again, costs exceed benefits.

<< 1  2   >>

join