It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members - Where We Live (photo's of our home areas);

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Great pics all..

i don't have any saved at the moment ..

but i will try to get some in here soon..

Merry Imbolc!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Here's a few photos that I've got from my neck of the woods in West Virginia.

We get some splendid colors around here in the fall.

A few from the past couple of winters.

A late summer afternoon at Saint Albans, W.Va.

Can't forget the rainbow from the very day and place as the above picture.

Early morning coal train through my hometown of Marmet, W.Va.

I live next to a river that sees a lot of traffic.......this ppicture being the exception.

One of the hollows nestled deep with in the hills and valleys.

Overlooking the New River Gorge National River at Hawks' Nest State Park outside of Ansted, W.Va.

edit on 5-2-2011 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2011 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

Great pics all..

i don't have any saved at the moment ..

but i will try to get some in here soon..

Merry Imbolc!

I look forward to seeing them and thanks for the Imbolc wishes ... that was a pleasant and unexpected surprise

Happy Imbolc back atcha !

Woody

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Well, I know I seem to be repeating myself with every picture that gets added ... but it's as true now as the first time I said it ... lovely pictures.

Looking at the railtrack pictures I couldn't help thinking of 'Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistlestop Cafe'.
I apologize for my geographic ignorance because I have no idea whether or not the film was set in that part of the country but that's what they reminded me of.

Woody

edit on 5-2-2011 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Hey hillbilly thanks for adding the pics.

The first one was a surprise because it looks like it could have been one from my own collection overlooking the moors (amazing).

And I love the old one from your grandpa's day ... hope there are more to come from you I'd love to see around your area.

Woody

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Here's a small collection of Whitby pics ... across the moors from me and next to Sandsend on the coast ... also the place where Bram Stoker set his novel 'Dracula' ... the last of the pictures in this collection show the small beach where Dacula's coffin was washed ashore after the ship carrying it was sunk during a storm ... up on the clifftops you can see the ruins of Whitby Abbey which also features in the novel.

Every year Whitby holds a 'Goth Fest' where you can walk down the street rubbing shoulders with vampyres and not give it a seconds thought (quite surreal)

>>>Lobsterpots On The Quayside Of Whitby HarbourThe Endeavour In Whitby HarbourWhitbyWhitby Abbey On The Cliffs

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I frequent betwen Florida and the Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania. Florida is
with little scenery. So I just go with my second home, the place I feel more at home and where I hope to move to very soon.

Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania

Image quality not excellent because photos were extremely large and I had to reduce them to only 15% of their original dimensions.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Ohh that looks like a beautiful place. SOOO much better than what I see here in Florida lol

The 6th picture down of the house, very nice. Was that your families or a random house?

However I will say I know where you live and there are many pretty pics from that area

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I am moving here! This place is lovely! I love it, even the history. Bram Stokers Dracula is one of my favorites.

You have the best pics. and where you live is beautiful. I would love views like that. It seems so much more peaceful than where I am. All I hear are sirens or people talking...hearing a siren now. lol

Im going to google this area

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Misoir

Ohh that looks like a beautiful place. SOOO much better than what I see here in Florida lol

It is even more beautiful in person, trust me.

The 6th picture down of the house, very nice. Was that your families or a random house?

Random house. I wish it was my family's.

However I will say I know where you live and there are many pretty pics from that area

It has some nice places around here but when you have lived your whole life here it is not so nice any more.

I will get some pics up of where I live in Florida, but they are not my pictures.
edit on 2/5/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Here are the pics, not taken by me, of the city I live in here in Florida.

Fort Matanzas

St. Augustine Lighthouse

Flagler College

Nuestra Senora de la Leche Chapel

Flagler College

Historic St. Augustine

St. Augustine Pier at sunrise

All these pictures above and more can be found here

Castillo de San Marcos - St. Augustine

This image can be found here
edit on 2/5/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Great thread....

s&f

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Ok yeah Im going to St Augustine during my Palm Coast weekend. They are like neighbors

Pretty pics! However yes i know what you mean about living somewhere forever and it not having the same appeal

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

I am moving here! This place is lovely! I love it, even the history. Bram Stokers Dracula is one of my favorites.

You have the best pics. and where you live is beautiful. I would love views like that. It seems so much more peaceful than where I am. All I hear are sirens or people talking...hearing a siren now. lol

Im going to google this area

As I said earlier in the thread I've lived up here in North Yorkshire for 17yrs now and it is still as fresh to me as the first day I got here ... I think the reason I appreciate it all so much (apart from the fact that it's so beautiful) is because I was brought up in an industrialized area in the Midlands ... but Yorkshire feels like my natural element.

I'll add more pics later. Woody

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Loving the trees in the first two pics and that sky in the last picture is beyond words

Woody

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I have seen that type of sky on numerous occasions. Usually it occurs during early or late summer after 'pop-up' thunderstorms late in the evening rather than around 2 or 3 pm.

It is very beautiful though. Also here is a fun-fact; St. Augustine was founded in 1565 making it the oldest city in the United States. I see the "founded in 1565" sign all the time driving into downtown.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

I have seen that type of sky on numerous occasions. Usually it occurs during early or late summer after 'pop-up' thunderstorms late in the evening rather than around 2 or 3 pm.

It is very beautiful though. Also here is a fun-fact; St. Augustine was founded in 1565 making it the oldest city in the United States. I see the "founded in 1565" sign all the time driving into downtown.

It is absolutely gorgeous ... and thanks for the information snippet ... makesthe pictures come to life that little bit more.

Woody

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Some great photos here, thought I better add something more interesting than red dirt and machinery lol

Not my photo but it shows what my home town is famous for...

Longest wooden pier in the southern hemisphere.

A large portion of it got destroyed by cyclone Albey in 1978 then more got destroyed by fire in 1999.

The government then spent $20 million on building an underwater observatory at the end of the jetty, but then it was decided that it was too unsafe for people to go out on so more money was spent to repair the entire jetty, it's been closed for 2 years. The company that was rebuilding it recently went into receivership, so it's still incomplete.

The best bit though is that all the marine life living in and around the jetty have died or left because of the pole driving of the piers for the new jetty, making the observatory useless...

Funnily enough the re-opening ceremony was held tonight, fireworks, concert and all the usual things.

edit on 5/2/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

That's one helluva jetty there.

I hope the fish and wildlife that survived come back to the area ... and yet another beautiful sky

(btw - nowt wrong with red dirt and machinery)

Woody

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I hope so too, it's a great fishing spot, particularly for squid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join