It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a Cairene

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Whatever the outcome of this revolution in Egypt is, however good or bad it ends, it must be shown and made perfectly clear. That we as people from all walks of life, every ethnicity, religion, language, and age stand vehemently behind the people of Egypt. We as citizens of this world, as seekers of the light and joy, of freedom and prosperity, stand behind the democratic aspirations of all people.

We gather around our television sets and our computer screens, watching cautiously and anxiously as news rolls in of the people of the ancient lands, rising up against a dictator so brutal and so autocratic that we in the West could not even begin to fathom.

There is a regime, an un-unified and unaligned conglomeration of autocratic nations in the Arab world who seek nothing more than to abuse, suppress, and humiliate their citizens. While each of these nations are independent and are on their own destiny we cannot help but see that this is a region of nations relatively similar that are all under the totalitarian rule of dictators. When will enough finally become enough?

Many argue that we should not try and make an attempt at comparing the fall of Egypt to the fall of the Berlin Wall. Because they are strikingly different in so many ways and I agree with them, the differences are clear and wide, however the moment in time that we could see an entire region of dictators being overthrown is not something to be suffocated with pessimism about.

Let us use the Berlin Wall as a metaphor for the Egyptian autocratic regime and listen to one of the most powerful statements in recent history.

Is it not about time we finally “tear down this wall”? I say it is high time to do so and it can be done, must be done, and will be done. And while the brave men and women of Egypt fight for their rights and freedoms we must make this statement loud and clear and do not mince.

I am a Cairene!

Just as the great President John Fitzgerald Kennedy had said, in Berlin, Germany, “I am a Berliner!”

Stand strong with the Egyptians! The authoritarianism which had dominated Europe and Asia in the 20th century was known as Communism but the authoritarianism which has dominated Africa and the Middle East so far into the 21st century is the very same characteristics. We have ridded ourselves mostly of the Communists but the Tyrants are still in power, time for that to end.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

yes your right ! those brave men and women in egypt right now busting them selfs up for this cry for change . ! It takes alot of sacrafice dedication and patriotism to be able to fight for your country for the persuit of justice and freedom . .

That was a good JFK video . Very heart warming. I miss that man , if no other r.i.p champ . Sorry we have not found your killer(s) yet...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Sorry i stand alone!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I should elaborate on that. WE have our own current issues to worry about like border control and the health bill witch i feel are being dumbed down in the media due to the coverage of Egypt Witch yes is a major story in it self but still i am not currently effected by it.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I watch the roits on TV but, its just a bunch of crazy people to me (why bring your wife and kids to such a dangerous situation!) .

I just shake my head at all the people that look like a bunch of "West side-story" gangs fighting and getting no-where.

So, I just ponder the menu at taco bell and wonder ...

top topics

join