It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire club in bid to curb overpopulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Billionaire club in bid to curb overpopulation

John Harlow, Los Angeles

SOME of America’s leading billionaires have met secretly to consider how their wealth could be used to slow the growth of the world’s population and speed up improvements in health and education.

The philanthropists who attended a summit convened on the initiative of Bill Gates, the Microsoft co-founder, discussed joining forces to overcome political and religious obstacles to change.

Described as the Good Club by one insider it included David Rockefeller Jr, the patriarch of America’s wealthiest dynasty, Warren Buffett and George Soros, the financiers, Michael Bloomberg, the mayor of New York, and the media moguls Ted Turner and Oprah Winfrey.

These members, along with Gates, have given away more than £45 billion since 1996 to causes ranging from health programmes in developing countries to ghetto schools nearer to home.... The Complete news article

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PeoriaAZ

S&F sounds similar to bilderberg

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
These people have the idea that they are somehow entitled to what is left of the world.

Amazing!,they seem to think just like those worthless royal families around the world here and there.

There is no overpopulation,there is only greed.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

You didn't even read the article did you?

Read and comprehend before making an arse out of yourself.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Bill Gates isn't a bad man, I bet it just killed Rockefeller to see Gates become so successful, that greedy old bastard.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Well the there are TWO facts .One nature's fact go back befor 1700 and all the way back to 50k bc and the world population ranged from 350 billion to 550 billion.
why you may wonder well it was NOT wars lol it was sickness and low life spans even before the event of cits the average life was 55 .
4 out of five kids never made it to there first birthday. just goto a old grave yard and look you will see half the graves reading born died in the same year.
so it seams from natures view human population tops out at 550 million.
now with tek we have managed to short cut that thinning down proses..
ok well i love tek u love tek
well now you will really love this at our current leave of tek the earth has the ability to recycle enough for a population of apx 500 million.
yea thats right we are using up the worlds resources at OVER 7 times the rate it can renew natural.
but you say no way we could have another 3 billion people and feed them with our tek leavle .
True but you ignore the cost No wild life left at all oceans dead the very ground we need tp grow stuff in depleted of minerals (this is already a reoccurring problem .
so with your vision you have a dead planet .
so wile the rich are annoying they are right the population must be brought down if we don't do it sooner or later nature will but it wont be purtty .
its not a question of if it will happen but when how much longer can we poision the very water we need to live?
no ones going to voltanarly give up there air or car or computers or play station. we will go on using up every thing even if it kills us .
when i was young i use to dream i dreamed of my childrens children for a million generations .
but now i dream of a world without humans and its not that i think they should be killed . they will kill them selfs you and you are just as suicidal as i ever was doing things you KNOW will kill us eventaly it may be slower but its still self destructive look the what smartest guy Enistine who ever live built.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The reality is that is has to be done..... sucks, i know.

I remember reading a report from WHO or some other alphabet agency that the mankind cannot sustain itself they way we are going with this many people beyond the year 2020 and that we will have to reduce the population and live in a pre-industrial era again..... Georgia guidestones anyone?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
here is an idea...how about they just explain the problem to all the morons who think the earth can reasonably support an unlimited amount of people, and tell people to start going greek style...they should offer incentives for not having kids, instead of trying to come up with draconian apocalyptic plans to wipe the slate clean...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Heres a better Idea to overpopulation Lets Start to Built Space Colonies.
If a Space Colonies Gets Destroyed who cares? surely if they have the money and power for there war machine, surely they can built space colonies.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
Well the there are TWO facts .One nature's fact go back befor 1700 and all the way back to 50k bc and the world population ranged from 350 billion to 550 billion.
why you may wonder well it was NOT wars lol it was sickness and low life spans even before the event of cits the average life was 55 .
4 out of five kids never made it to there first birthday. just goto a old grave yard and look you will see half the graves reading born died in the same year.
so it seams from natures view human population tops out at 550 million.
now with tek we have managed to short cut that thinning down proses..
ok well i love tek u love tek
well now you will really love this at our current leave of tek the earth has the ability to recycle enough for a population of apx 500 million.
yea thats right we are using up the worlds resources at OVER 7 times the rate it can renew natural.
but you say no way we could have another 3 billion people and feed them with our tek leavle .
True but you ignore the cost No wild life left at all oceans dead the very ground we need tp grow stuff in depleted of minerals (this is already a reoccurring problem .
so with your vision you have a dead planet .
so wile the rich are annoying they are right the population must be brought down if we don't do it sooner or later nature will but it wont be purtty .
its not a question of if it will happen but when how much longer can we poision the very water we need to live?
no ones going to voltanarly give up there air or car or computers or play station. we will go on using up every thing even if it kills us .
when i was young i use to dream i dreamed of my childrens children for a million generations .
but now i dream of a world without humans and its not that i think they should be killed . they will kill them selfs you and you are just as suicidal as i ever was doing things you KNOW will kill us eventaly it may be slower but its still self destructive look the what smartest guy Enistine who ever live built.

Why can't we just create a quasi-infinite energy(myriads of orbital solar arrays) source and unmanned machine labor? You can not only support a larger population of humans but advance human civilization exponentially.Imagine having no energy budget. The amount of things that can be possible.
We can produce food,energy,transport from nothing(the sun's energy) and remove money all together. We can even leave earth and go to Europa or mars and terrestrialize them. Mine them for rare metals resources. Spread the human race beyond just this blue sphere.

You don't have to sterilize people. Just create a semi-infinite energy source. Like thousands of giant orbital solar arrays.They beam the energy gathered onto the earth's surface in energy collection sites or geostationary collectors.Use the energy to power unmanned/low-manned soy/cereal crops.Create clean drinking water. Kill harmful germs etc. Power unmanned soldiers so people don't have to die in wars. Create a machine slave work force.Drill deeper into the earth's crust. With no real energy budget you can just drill minerals(unmanned) forever. Or at least until the drills/excavation tools break down.

We can be at a population of 100-250 billion and live in the ocean(in high pressure dome cities). Modify our genome to support more livable environments.Like aquatic humans,sub-terrestrial humans,high acid environment humans etc. Remove all diseases. Remove genetic death and decay(aging). Remove all genetically based illnesses like Parkinson's. Stem cell organ printing/grafting facilities.Limb regeneration. The limits are our minds and greed/selfishness. We can have that.

So long as we have a semi-infinite power source(the sun's energy) that we can use efficiently none of that eugenics/sterilization stuff matters.
edit on 8-2-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: sp

edit on 8-2-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: sp

new topics

top topics

join