It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Job I would take any job hypocrites wouldnt take (MYjob)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
First if theres a better place for this post move it if needed thank you.
I was unemployed (part time here and there) for the last 3 years .
Filled out every appl i could that was even a remote possibility .
All the wile coming here reading on how laze or losers the unemployed[ are and how YOU would take any job you could well now to show just how full of it YOU are.
Finly after all that time i found a job that took me off the streets from being homeless the same day i got it.
(sounds good dont it? from being homeless to having a place to live in one day .
Yea run down here to fl .
so heres what i am doing I work 40 hours pluse a week in return i get a run down trailer and power.
pluse 100$ a week .
so before you say WOW that is great try IT . ONLY have electricity and give your self 100$ a week out of your check.
(better not be paying on a car as even that will be MORE then you make .
Better eat a lot of chicken and rice one stake can cost as much as 10$ .Better not drink better not go out for even a sub better be willing to walk every ware. want a date FORGET IT what woman wants a man who only makes 100$ a week .YOUR WIFE would leave you in a mint if we were to swich places.

Let me say you cant survive on it if i didn't have food stamps (which i do ) just how do you think I would eat ?
people who say they just eat roman noodles are full of it.
yea you can do that for a few weeks befog malnutrition sets in as i KNOW has happened to me.
So get off your high horse most homeless people only want a job and will take one thats like working in a china factory .
so yea you can find a job if you try long enough even if you still need food stamps in order to just GET by.
o btw i do have internet I pay for ovesly 30$ out of 400 a month just that leaves me with 370 for taht whole month .
so really you would take this job would you? lol

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The only job i would ever do in my life was a labourer, i just liked it as it no contact with people, and working in offices with busy bodies is a pain.

So thats a sort of job i would take, but i was not allowed to do even that thanks to uk gov and police trying to wreck my life for last 19 years.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

I totally understand what you are saying. And it seems to me that the pay / benefit structure you are in seems like a deliberate trap - as you'd have to work two jobs, or be homeless for a period if you took a better paying job.

But...

As a man who's been unemployed for quite awhile, and who has put applications in at every single business in his town, I can say... I'd accept the same job, without a second thought, simply as a means of stopping the hemorrhage of my savings that I am living through now.

If I live past 55, at this point, I am pretty well skewered.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'm already doing such a job. Though with sticking at it rather than not working i've managed to save money and buy things i needed. I now have a house (mortgage though), car, decorating each room of the house one by one slowly as need to wait for more money.... I get a holiday every so often and am in a decent position compared to many others who are in similiar jobs to mine.

I had to do this by scrimping and saving every last penny. I try not putting heating on and getting food as cheap as I can, or free when I can from picking wild food, even though I live in a city.

Here in the UK we have a minimum wage, i'm not too well up on the US wage rules etc. What I do know is that working is always better off for you than not working - and that statement is nothing to do with money at all.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Okandetre

You people have got to be kidding me, or either I am the luckiest person that has ever NOT won the lottery.
I haven't punched a clock or answered to anyone since 2005. Matter of fact, I was broke three years ago after spending all my money moving TO Florida. Granted, I had a place to live then and a car to drive - but no money left to pay the next month's rent or put gas in the car for the coming month. All I had was a talent in talking to people and fixing computers. I work out of a converted garage, in a 60 year old house - with absolutely no signs at all indicating what I do - yet my ingenuity (or blind luck) has turned that into making at least a grand every 2 to 3 days CONSISTENTLY.
I got tired of being broke. I got tired of not being able to do what I wanted, go where I wanted - I got tired of living in broken down crapholes and I did something about it. I don't think I'm exceedingly smart. I'm not special. I'm not better than anyone else out there by any means. I didn't get any loans, no credit was given to me.
You might not be able to fix computers, but can you cut grass? Living in FL gives the advantage of a plethora of seniors who will pay to have their grass cut. They talk, a lot, amongst themselves - do a good job & the word would spread. I would do what I had to do to get out of a situation like that....well, I already did. I got tired of scraping by on a whopping $6.25 an hour. For some reason it just wasn't cutting it.
Very rarely will you ever get financially comfortable in working for someone else. In working for someone else, making YOU money isn't the point of the operation.
No one is controlling YOUR life but YOU, and YOUR only obstacles are your excuses.
Weakness, laziness, apathy, and procrastination have no place on the path to financial self-improvement - except as things that you've left behind.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I knows how you buds feel. I was fired from my factory job after some creep made up bathroom lies about something I WASN'T' doing in there. Yeah, I admits I was drinkin beer in there-- so what?? Now the old WORM aint' allowed within 500 feet of the durn building

top topics

join