It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: "DC Sniper" Copy-Cat? Random Shootings Hit Connecticut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
In a scenario reminiscent of the �D.C. Sniper� that terrorized the Metro D.C. area, New Haven Connecticut police are dealing with a possibility of a copycat. Five people have been hospitalized due to gunshot wounds. Shell Casings recovered from each scene were identified as being fired from the same gun.

www.cnn.com
"We've made this case priority No. 1," said New Haven Mayor John DeStefano Jr. "We're encouraging the community for extra help -- to be an extra set of eyes and ears."

Police are seeking the public's assistance in locating three vehicles: a dark red or burgundy four-door car, a powder blue car and a brown and tan Ford Explorer-type vehicle.

Anyone who has seen these vehicles or has information on the shootings is asked to call the New Haven Police Department at 203-946-6304 or 1-866-888-TIPS.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Random victims, no motive seen, it does remind me of the DC Sniper Case. The good news is that no one has died do to their injuries, and hopefully this "Perpetrator" will be captured without any more incidents.

Thanks to ATSNN Reporter "The Real Deal" for the heads up on this story.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
it just leaves me wondering what evidence the police are basing the vehicles off of. i remember with the DC case they were looking for box trucks, wasn't it? and at first they figured he was firing from the ground... hopefully though this will come to pass soon, and thankfully no one has been killed yet.

join