It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World of two halves! Map shows most of Northern Hemisphere is covered in snow and ice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
At first glance it looks like a graphic from a Discovery Channel programme about a distant ice age. But this astonishing picture shows the world as it is today - with half the Northern Hemisphere covered with snow and ice.

The image was released by the National Oceanic And Atmospheric Association (NOAA) on the day half of North America was in the grip of a severe winter storm.

The map was created using multiple satellites from government agencies and the US Air Force.

That Antarctica, the Arctic, Greenland and the frozen wastes of Siberia are covered in white comes as no surprise. But it is the extent to which the line dips down over the Northern Hemisphere that is so remarkable about the image. Read more here:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Maybe there is no global warming at all???

Maybe the new ice age is coming to town.

edit on 4-2-2011 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

Either I am having a nasty dejavu or this thread is a copy of another one posted yesterday.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Yes that will be my thread found here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is some good info and data on previous cold spells throughout history.
edit on 4/2/11 by boo1981 because: oops

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Ok i'm sorry for this. I had search but found nothing!!!! So MOD's remove this tread??

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

Happy to know its not a dejavu, sad to know its not a time glitch.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think is a great photo and some of those from Chicago made me glad I'm I bit further south.

I hate to be the one, but it is wintertime for the northern hemisphere.... So in my opinion, it seems this is a little inflated to sell news.

Gg

Originally posted by ni91ck
At first glance it looks like a graphic from a Discovery Channel programme about a distant ice age. But this astonishing picture shows the world as it is today - with half the Northern Hemisphere covered with snow and ice.

The image was released by the National Oceanic And Atmospheric Association (NOAA) on the day half of North America was in the grip of a severe winter storm.

The map was created using multiple satellites from government agencies and the US Air Force.

That Antarctica, the Arctic, Greenland and the frozen wastes of Siberia are covered in white comes as no surprise. But it is the extent to which the line dips down over the Northern Hemisphere that is so remarkable about the image. Read more here:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Maybe there is no global warming at all???

Maybe the new ice age is coming to town.

edit on 4-2-2011 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by boo1981
Yes that will be my thread found here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is some good info and data on previous cold spells throughout history.
edit on 4/2/11 by boo1981 because: oops

That being said, this thread is closed.

new topics

top topics

join