It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that give you the heebie jeebies but you dont know why

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
My fear is dark deep water in the ocean mainly. If i am out in the ocean and i cant see down to the bottom and the water is not clear so i can see whats in it then I am very scared to get in the water, I feel like something is just going to come up out of the water and grab me. but in lakes I am usually fine.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Children's T.V. shows that have adults dressed up weird and acting strange.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Volkswagens used to always creep me out. It had to do with a dream I had as a kid of dieing in a Volkswagen crash. Years later I went to a Buddhist monastery and realized it was just my fear of death. Since then I try to meditate whenever I can. But if too many days go by and I haven't meditated I'll see a Volkswagen and remind myself that I need to meditate.

Clowns are also creepy too. But I think that has to do with John Wayne Gacy. He kind of screwed it up for clowns probably for a couple hundred years. Does anyone remember if clowns were creepy before Gacy?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

Yeah, seeing large things on the ocean..not like boats but like oil drilling platforms, dunno why but it scares the heck out of me to see something big and manmade stationed in the water, so creepy...

that and public restrooms...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

That's hilarious! My husband is freaked out by little monkeys and I'm freaked out by masks so that's kind of a two-fer. Sometimes we'll be sitting on our deck or patio, just enjoying the woods and creek behind our house, and he'll say something like "I'm sure glad there are no monkeys in those woods" and give a little shudder.

For me it's the usual, clowns, dolls, etc. Lately it's anyone who has excessive or obvious cosmetic surgery, for instance Joan Rivers.

I once knew someone who was totally horrified by toenails. You could not even say the word.

edit on 5/2/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I cant stand to be in the sea...

There's lots of things in there that can see me...but I cant see them.

Freaks me out!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The only things that creep me out really are this:

Waking up in the middle of the night and having an alien just staring you down, never happened but would CREEP me out. Which is where my mind goes when I wake up from a deep sleep randomly at night and you cant see crap and you swear something is in the room with you, but it was just your cat.

Second, is the Mothman Prophecies, the reality, of what happened. That bugs me out.
edit on 5-2-2011 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Did you say "Two fer"?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

That's too horrifying.

And just plain naughty!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
The only things that creep me out really are this:

Waking up in the middle of the night and having an alien just staring you down, never happened but would CREEP me out. Which is where my mind goes when I wake up from a deep sleep randomly at night and you cant see crap and you swear something is in the room with you, but it was just your cat.

Second, is the Mothman Prophecies, the reality, of what happened. That bugs me out.
edit on 5-2-2011 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

Oh God! That alien thing has always scared me too. The other day I watched The Fourth Kind (not a very good movie) and I was so scared I had to watch a Barbie movie afterwards to be able to sleep

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Certain basements will send me running from them in a few minutes if someone isn't with me.

Abandoned houses.

When I was younger and explore in the woods, certain area of the forest would make me shiver.

Chimpanzees.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

The man/dog hybrid. Thanks for bringing that up! That terrified me as a child! Another scene from a movie that screwed me up for years was in Halloween III season of the witch. The part when the kid puts on the Silver Shamrock pumpkin mask and stares at the television of the magic flashing pumpkin. His head then begins to melt with snakes and crickets crawling out all over the place. His mother faints due to shock, and his dad gets bit by a snake and later dies. All the while Conal Cochran (Eerily similar to Dick Cheney) watches on the video monitor with a smiling, evil grin plastered on his face.

I was about twelve when I saw that movie and am thirty seven now. To this day, little kids wearing Halloween masks give me the hee bee jee bees!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I don't think anyone said this yet, but ever since I learned about them on youtube, they totally freak me the F out.

BOT FLIES

They are these crazy flies that bite you and lay eggs in your skin, and a maggot grows in your skin until it matures, then it POPS OUT OF YOUR SKIN, ITS LIKE 1CM LONG AND LIKE AS THICK AS A CIGAR.

DONT LOOK AT IT, DONT DO ITTT!!!!!!

edit on 5-2-2011 by Quasar_La-Zar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Mine others in no particular order:

2. Lists that begin with 1.
3. Pickles
4. Zit puss
5. Not finishing projects that I ........

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Our subconciance mind can create fear and hide it well.
As someone said it could be a colour you seen when somethin bad happened as a child and you now hate it, and the feels you get from it, you dont know why you get them. but there is a reason.

Maybe a wee visit to a head Dr might help?

How bad is it when you see it?

Sometimes I hear music from like the early 80s and it can make me feel bad.
I was about 7/8 years old then, so only god knows...........
edit on 5/2/2011 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Even numbers. Everything has to have an odd number, i.e.: 3 icecubes, 1 scoop of ice cream, 5 pairs of shoes, etc.
reply to post by cwt8466

I have the same issues with even numbers!!! I also prefer left over right, lol. I've had a preference for odd numbers for years now and don't know why.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

I have something similar. Only It's more like that scary feeling gives me energy and wakes me up. If It's in the middle of a night and I haven't slept for 2 days and I see that same color blue, I get energized and can keep working. A few other colors do the same.

It has to do with the mental configuration through evolution of the sun's frequencies. That color is what shows up in the sky as the sun rises, waking you up. Perhaps your ancestors associated that color with a predator's hunting time. Are you Northern European or have genes from that location? It is theorized that some grew fear at this time due to Neanderthal raiding parties.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Waves in the ocean - I can't go to a beach anymore, as the last few years i've had several vivid tsunami dreams, that when I would go to the beach, every wave that rolled out, i'd have a panic attack thinking it was sucking back too far and i've have to run back up to the car in case is was a big one. I'm absolutely fascinated by them, but whenever I see them on TV or in movies, i get goosebumps and have to keep looking away. But i'll go to or buy a movie and watch it based solely on seeing a tsunami on the ad - weird huh?
reply to post by bkaust

OMG, same here!!! Tsunamis terrify me, yet I swear, for a solid month, I didn't watch anything on youtube but tsunami vids. The reason I started watching them was because I kept having dreams about tsunamis and I was always in the same place, even though it was different dreams. What's odd is that me and my sis have almost identical phobias... except she has this thing with dolls and clowns that I don't share, but other than that, the same things scare us.

Anyway, you know how a wave looks much larger when it's out on the horizon then when it actually reaches land, it's tiny? OMG, just watching them way out there scares the holy living hell out of me!!! And I'm going to the beach in two weeks. In Florida. Where there is no higher ground to run to. Nice.

I've watched the Dec. 24th tsunami vids so many times! Every now and then, I'd find a new one and I'd have to share it with my sis. We were obsessed. I shiver just thinking about it, yet I'm drawn to them. Ick!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
[color=lightBlue]Clowns for me and dolls and dolls of clowns and clowns with dolls

Edit to add
and the avatar of the poster below me

edit on 4-2-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

You're the most, man. Talk about creepy avatar! Some of those EVP that are on the web, the really clear ones, ya, those freak me out.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
When I wake up randomly, look at the clock and it's 3:00 sometimes 3:33. I'm not religious but I start to freak out and panic, I won't be able to sleep until its 4:00 or later. I can't explain this behavior or fear.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join