It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that give you the heebie jeebies but you dont know why

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I just remembered a dream that creeped me out big time after I woke up and remembered too much. I was evil in the dream and very bad and remembered enjoying it. That dream was so creepy it was like Satan gave it to me. I was sort of in the mind of a psychotic killer as if I chose the wrong body to jump into. I've had a few dreams where I can jump into the bodies of others and see and experience what they have over several days in only a single night for me. It seems like I am them while in their bodies. I prefer to stay in human bodies. Fortunately I don't remember too many weird dreams like that.

I should add I am 100 percent certain I was in my bed the entire night when I had those dreams. It is creepy when things you do in your dreams seem to have results in the real world. Now that can be creepy. I might try to experiment to kill this strange idea to prove it's impossible.
edit on 23/12/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
So there I was jumping off a train bridge into a lake when my feet hit a.........Cold spot..........

I couldn't get to the surface and back to the shore fast enough. I dont know why i get creeped out by lake depth coldness but its horrible. It's like I'm not supposed to be there or something. I keep thinking of dead bodies down there reaching up for me or something...CREEPS ME OUT...

I am fine in water where the temp is equal from surface to my feet, but when it gets to that sudden drop off in temp, it's GAME OVER!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I think the fact that i'm alive sometimes gives me the most concern when I think about it.
the worst that can happen is I can die, the best that can happen is I carry on alive.

it used to be bees and heights. but now it's more a fear of the unknown, and a greater fear of the known.
not really fears in the physical sense, where you shake or feel frozen in time. it's more of a wonder type fear.

i'm not the person to fear other people or situations because logic prevails.
but sometimes that logic leads me into ideas that are ultimately somethings that should be feared and embraced,
as much as I resist the concept of acknowledging it.

most of my fears are irrational and things that cannot be controlled, likely rooted in human instinct.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I have this irrational fear of fish but only if I am in the water with them. Fish in an aquarium don't bother me.

And... I cannot under any circumstances open the biscuit can. My husband makes fun of me for this LOL

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
I keep thinking of dead bodies down there reaching up for me or something...CREEPS ME OUT...

Oh my Gawd!!! Yep, that just about does it for me and lakes. As if the fish weren't enough....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
i get goosebumps everytime i think about cardboard , or that paper they use in novels, im not scared of it or anything i just dread everytime i have to touch it, i have no idea why but the feeling of cardboard gives me the shivers, just me thinking about it right now is giving me goosebumps haha,

Now as for phobias and things that truly scare me ..... Masks !, thats my number one fear in the whole world, and i mean any kind of masks that cover someones face. I just get this horrible feeling that when someone puts on a mask its not them under there anymore. I could hand my brother a mask right now and watch him put it on, and I'll still run for the hills, because i get the thought in my head that its not my brother anymore , even though somewhere inside i know its him. its weird and i have no idea how this fear came about .

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I can't look at people with syndromes or disformed bodys. Not being mean or anything it just gives me cringes and I can't I'm sorry.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

Things that have always bothered me:
Chalk ( can't stand the feel of it on my hands)
Steel wool ( makes my teeth hurt like mad, no I do not have any dental fillings, it also makes my tongue taste like metal)
Those vultures from the Dark Crystal movie ( shudder... My ex used to talk like them until I'd start crying and begging him to stop)

I have plenty more but those are some of the weirder ones. I used to avoid the number three like the plague and wouldn't count it along with other numbers. It had a blank space where that number should be. I couldn't even think it. It was bad luck all the way. I don't know when it stopped bothering me but it did. I'm cool with that number now though.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Honestly, I think I'm still a little scared of the dark! When I'm walking on my own it creeps me out a bit! Only a little, but whenever I hear a loud noise like a car backfire it makes me run a little

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos
Ever since as long as I can remember, there is a certain blue colour, its more like a light blue colour, which for some reason creeps me out and gives me the shudders. It could be a car or van, a door, a poster, anything really that is painted that colour and when I see it I instantly shudder.

I have no idea why it does this to me. Its definetly not something new, its happend all through my life. So I was wondering if anyone would know why it does this to me and if anyone else gets the heebie jeebies from something and they cant explain why?

edit on 4-2-2011 by Paulos because: (no reason given)

I saw the post where you showed the color. I immediately thought of a likely explanation. I don't know how things are where you live, but where I live, classrooms in schools are often painted that particular shade of blue. If you had some particularly horrible school experiences, that could explain your association of that color with the heebie jeebies (assuming the classrooms in your neck of the woods were painted that particular institutional color).

My own fears:

I had a clown doll that looked exactly like the one from Poltergeist. That caused some problems. Mirrors in the dark. The dark- in general- and shadowed areas of my house at night. Ringing telephones fill me with dread (as I once worked an awful job dealing with terrible people via phone for most of the day). Life sized Hindu statues, life sized penguin statues- just life sized colorful statues- I have some issues there. Heights. I always visualize scenarios where I or other people fall to our doom. This fear oddly doesn't apply to flying in planes, which I love. Other people driving besides me. I have an irrational fear of people I know dying when they're out driving around when I dwell on it.

I know a woman who is terrified of ketchup. She literally can't handle seeing a ketchup packet. I also know a girl who is terrified of pickles.
edit on 13-2-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Oh dear, this is a long list.

Dolls- I don't mind stuffed animals, but any sort of doll, especially with blinking eyes, scares me to the point that I can't be in the same room as them. When I was younger, me and my sister shared a room, and all night I would stare at of her dolls waiting for them to move on their own so I could throw it out of the window. I still can't sleep with them nearby.

Laying down with earplugs/earphones- I hate this because I wouldn't be able to hear if someone else comes in, and wouldn't be able to protect myself if I needed to.

Alone in a big house at night- Every sound becomes something out of a horror movie in this situation.

Mirrors- I have to cover them or try my hardest to look away. Not only am I afraid of what I'll see in them, but also I feel like my reflection just stays where it was even though I would be nowhere near the mirror. Irrational, especially since it never happened.

Crowds- This is probably an a part of my fear of people in general. It's not so bad that I stay at home all day but I don't exactly like it either.

Windy nights- I live across a farm where there are only trees and donkeys. On starless, windy nights, with the trees moving in all those directions, I have no choice but to turn every light on and try to distract myself.

Hospitals- I'm not afraid of catching some sickness from them, but I rather just hate the feel of them. It's hard to describe but I just don't like them.

The squeaky sound from chalkboards, styrofoam, etc.- I fear this sound because kids used to taunt me by making that accursed sound since it hurt my ears back then. Now it doesn't hurt but I still hate that sound.

The list goes on and on.
edit on 15-2-2012 by insanedr4gon because: one more

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
For me its things that I cant control, or being underneath the ground, and being buried alive, Freaks the hell out of me, I guess because when i was younger we used to go and play in the drain off pipes, big enough to ride your bike into, scary how deep you can get into those damn pipes

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Only thing I can think of that creeps me out is that show Toddlers in Tiaras. THe way those kids are done up would make a prostitute blush.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I have quite a few things that creep me out and I don't know where the majority of them come from.

1. Praying Mantis - they are more intelligent than you think and I hate it!
2. Small spaces - anything that would cause me to be encased with my arms stuck to my sides. If my arms are moveable, I'm okay.
3. Heights
4. Dolls
5. Masks - this one came from childhood, creepy masks in my Aunt's spare bedroom that I slept in when I visited her. Someone else mentioned fear of masks, even if they know the person. That is how I am, as soon as the mask goes on, they become someone new and ominous. The worst masks are blank white imo.
6. Spiders - I have a new fear of killing them on top of my usual creepy feeling because I'm worried they are carrying hundreds of babies and I can't handle the thought of the babies running all over my house.
7. Covered windows - this is one for when I'm home alone. I have the biggest fear that I will pull back a curtain and peak out and there will be a face looking back at me.
8. Sink holes/Water drains in large bodies of water
9. Wind Turbines - OMG, I don't know WHAT it is, but they give me the weirdest feeling. They sometimes remind me of War of the Worlds. I don't like the way they move or look. And when you see what I call a "farm" of them, gees. I feel like they are taking over lol Watching a farm of them is almost hypnotizing and I don't like that either.
10. The weirdest one for me - the music video for the song "Puttin' on the Ritz". When I hear the song, the video plays in my mind. I don't know why, but it just plain creeps me out.
edit on 16-2-2012 by tport17 because: none

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Those late sixties early seventies plastic dolls that had blonde hair and blue eyes, the specialty kind, one could skate, one could speak, etc.
Those really bother me. My sister in law has an entire collection of those dolls from when she was a kid. She keeps them in the guest room. Where we are directed to sleep when we visit.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
For me it's dogs with very light brown eyes . They always seem to go crazy when I'm around them .

OMG . so strange to have just read this , because I going to post exactly the same thing .

Ever since I can remember , dogs with very light brown eyes have always taken an instant dislike to me and usally always go crazy and always to the suprise of their owners.

I wonder if it is just a coincidence or is there more to this ?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
When I was younger, my oldest half-sister loved for me to spend the night at her house since she had not yet had children of her own. (She has, since). She had a collection of these.. painted masks.. I'm not sure if they have a name or not, but they were porcelain and covered in glitter and what not. Durring the day, you could argue that they were, infact, beautiful.

But at night.. it was as if their lifeless, hollow eyes would peer through to your very soul.

Thankfully she got tired of them one day and I never had to deal with that horror again.

I still hate those masks.

--------------------------------------------------

When I was an even smaller child, I used to have this bear. It was mechanical, and if you put a casette tape into it's back.. it's mouth would move and it would tell you a story. Now this was all great when I was a toddler but when your imagination explodes around the age of 5 or 6, this thing becomes an abolute horror story with it's own special category.

At night, when you looked at his face,his mouth would move on it's own. After about a week of trying to decide whether or not I was crazy... I broke his jaw and threw it away. My mom was pretty angry, but atleast I could sleep at night.

By the way, his name was Teddy Ruxpin.

edit on 2/16/2012 by minikin84 because: Too many dots.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

Air raid sirens in WWII films have always really freaked me out, I have no idea why. They give me the shivers and I always have to turn the volume on the tv right down until it stops.
edit on 17-2-2012 by umbratica because: sp

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Fluffy bugs like this:
attachments.techguy.org...

I find them in the sink which confuses the heck out of me....and sometimes in the laundry room :S

I feel like since they are fluffy I ought to find them cute or something? They move so quick you think that they are a fluff or dust bunny, go to clean em up and then BOOM you're in bug territory!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Women with too much makeup on. Makes the hair on my neck stand up and the survival instinct kicks in.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join