It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that give you the heebie jeebies but you dont know why

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

" Human life is a spark. You die like insects. Don't you see, that's your gift: the adventure of not knowing. The pain is what makes it worthwhile, fear is what gives your life meaning!"

A big, fat gold star to whomever can tell me what that quote is from?

And just think Fries, this list is just the tip of an iceberg of paranoia, OCD and irrational thoughts!!!

edit on 9-2-2011 by cwt8466 because: Don't worry about my reasons...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellify

Originally posted by LargeFries

Originally posted by cwt8466
Here we go:

Veins in my arm, but just the blue ones. Thinking about the fact that the blood is "used"...bleh.

Being touched. I can shake hands (sometimes), my wife can touch me (obviously), but brush up against me or try and have physical contact with me, I recoil like I am on fire!

Tomatoes. The texture is waaay too flesh-like.

Even numbers. Everything has to have an odd number, i.e.: 3 icecubes, 1 scoop of ice cream, 5 pairs of shoes, etc.

The backside of a mirror.

The feel of a popsicle stick in my mouth *shudder*

I know there is more, but I'm pulling a blank right now...
~C!
edit on 4-2-2011 by cwt8466 because: Just thought of the worst one!!

This I write with love: things you've shared herein are beyond one or two things that give you the creeps. I can relate. You are probably aware that you are dealing with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder traits, and you are also being self-victimized by Irrational Thought(s). Life is short, too short to put up with this. Please my friend, seek professional counseling. It is hard work; it does take time, and it is absolutely worth it. I am speaking from experience in my own life. There is nothing wrong with seeking some help. There are better tomorrows awaiting you, and I wish you the best on your journey.

Did you try to sound that patronising?

Lighten up - this is a fun thread!

By your reasoning, all of us should be seeking counselling.

I thought the same thing! I knew that there was something I liked about you!
Besides the zombie-esque Snow White!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The dark! Been scared of it since i was a kid. Strange thing is im fine if i wake up during the night, but when i'm trying to get to sleep i really struggle...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This creeps me out.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Paddle pop sticks & other man made pouras objects, its hard to explain. They freak me out because if I touch them at all it sends shivers through my whole body, I heard it is common to occur when people lick a paddle pop stick, I could imagine doing that!! Just touching a paddle pop stick freaks me out enough. I have recently discovered the feeling when trying to wash a artificail pizza stone, I got the feeling as sone as I touched it when I was washing it up but I thought to myself "this is stupid, mind of matter" and actualy began to feel sick after handling it for about a minute and enduring alot of shudders.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Ok this is going to sound weird, but when I was younger (?-13 or so) I'd flip if I saw a really slow moving ceiling fan. You know, the kind that's moving so painfully slow you just know its not doing anything? I'd have to avert my eyes or I'd get nauseous and anxious and want to just get away. At first it also applied to just about any extremely slow moving cyclic motion but soon enough the only thing that seemed to trigger it was those stupid fans.

Now, a little back story. It started happening after I had a dream when I was little, probably the closest thing I can equate to a nightmare. (I have a lot of weird, violent, or creepy dreams but none of them bother me) But in this particular dream I remember looking down at myself from the ceiling, and I was rolling back and forth violently on my water bed almost like I was wrestling something or just spazzing out. I couldn't control it, felt like I was being tortured.. I could feel/hear the water sloshing around underneath me and for some reason I really can't explain, this whole situation freaked me out. What's worse, is while in the process of freaking out I suddenly woke up, and the bed was in fact sloshing around like I had been doing something crazy just then. That's when it started... About 3 years later I had all but forgotten about what happened, then I had the exact same dream, freaked out the exact same way, and got rid of the water bed soon after.

How does this explain the ceiling fans making me loopy? Who knows. But that's what caused it. It hasn't been a problem in years (I'm 23 now), but I always thought it was weird. Was it an actual out of body experience? Who knows. I didn't even know what an OBE was at that time but it seemed real enough to me. Thinking back on it, I seem to recall that dream being in black and white. Which is odd for me, I can't think of another time I've had a dream without color. Then again, it could have been just the fact that the room was pretty dark.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Although I know its not real... Slenderman lol

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Dolls generally those fancy porcelain ones or messed up plastic ones. Barbie dolls are generally ok although when I was little I noticed that if you put them in under water the face would look distorted making them look angry, it also looks as if they are moving. One time me and some other little girls put two of them in a big thing of water and it looked like one of the dolls was angrily chasing the other one then she would turn around and face us. We thought it was weird that barbies did that but it in never bothered us for some reason.

When my sis dyed her hair a lighter color...everyone said it was a lighter brown and that it looked good on her, but to me it looked like a deep coper color. Every time I would look at it I would get disturbed for some reason I'd even shake (in disgust?). Eventually I got used to it or maybe it was because the color darkened as the dye wore off. Not sure why I had that reaction.

Smiles. I know that a weird one, but when some people smile(a lot?) I think they are dishonest, perverted or just plain creepy looking. On one occasion I have been right but that was with someone I met. Everyone else is usually on tv. It also bothers me when people smile when their obviously uncomfortable my example beauty pageant contestants and my 8th grade English teacher.

Edit: I just remembered something my mom told me a while back. When I was a baby every time I would see a doll I would start crying. So every time we would go to the store my parents would purposely take me to to they toy aisle and place me in front of the dolls only to see freak out and cry. I don't really remember this, but how MEAN!
edit on 2/28/2011 by CuriousObserver because: random thought

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Oh, and any human or other creature with two different coloured eyes. Pay attention to the wolf with the brown and blue eye, I say, for she knows the situation better than you do

I can completely relate -- it's creepy in itself, and on top of that I had a very traumatic experience once with a person with different-colored eyes. The guy was totally insane, and the eyes didn't help.

Also, I can't listen to the song "They're Coming to Take Me Away, Haha" -- when I was a kid, for a while I used to fall asleep with the radio on, thought it was cool being lulled to sleep by music. But one night, when I was just drifting off, this song came on and I had the most horrifying nightmare, I think it was about zombies forever chasing me through a mental hospital.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fenix777

The thing with the poster two post above, the neck thing? I have that too, I feel like I am being strangled if something is around my neck, I do the thing with the seat belt as well. I don't panic though, so it's not a fear like my spider fear, I just feel like I can't breath as if I am being strangled, not even my pillow must touch my neck. When I say neck, I mean it's the front of my neck, under my chin part
It's always been a thing for me too.

For the other poster, I'd say it could be a past-life thing (death by hanging, for example). You, on the other hand, don't panic but it just feels uncomfortable to you. I've had that feeling before and it turned out I had hypothyroidism -- that can actually cause that "restricted" feeling in your throat when you wear a scarf, turtleneck, etc. You may want to have your doctor check it out, just in case.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This will sound lame but for some reason every time i have ever seen amelia earhart

I get this WEIRD ass feeling and the hairs on my neck and arms stand on end for a while it's WILD!

don't know much about her other than her plane crashed over the ocean or something...but i've always thought it was strange how i got the heebies from her lol.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Ivann1217 because: overuse of the word weird

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
Mirrors!!!!!

Not a fan of them at all, ever since i was a kid.

I always get that freaky feeling that when i look away and look back they'll be someone/something else behind me or looking back at me.

Gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

edit on 4-2-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

I've always felt mirrors were portals to another dimension. When my now-hubby and I got together, the headboard of his bed had a mirror on it and I made him cover it with a cloth; same with the mirrored closet doors in the bedroom. I can take mirrors in other rooms, like the bathroom, but I do not want them in my bedroom. My horror vision is that I wake up in the middle of the night and see something in the mirror or that something may come out of the mirror. Shudder.

Also, I'm scared to look into the rear view mirror when I drive in my car alone at night. During the day, no problem, but when it gets dark, I freeze up. Maybe I watched too many scary movies...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Oh, no worries there, I had that checked out about 6 months ago, no problems. ( I went for fainting spells, so they did a whole range of tests - yuck!)

Nah, I just think it's an uncomfortable feeling, I don't think there's anything to it, like the other poster. And what I did years ago, is to purposely put a pillow over my face and neck (sort of like facing your fears) and taught myself to relax. That helped hugely, but I won't just do it either, I don't pull blankets and stuff over my face, but I know now that I"ll be ok if that had to happen, so I don't panic. Panicking I found made it worse. Doesn't mean I don't still feel the discomfort
And don't even contemplate asking me to face my spider fear the same way, I will probably loose my mind completely, either I will be dead or the spider will die a very very violent death and I cannot guarantee that I will come back from that frame of mind, so I'm not even going to attempt it lol

But it's like dry hands and feet, you know like when you've been doing washing up or working with soap, that dry feeling on your hands. When my hands and feet feel like that, for some or other stupid reason I feel like I can't breath,
Completely unrelated stupid feeling, THAT makes me grab for a jar of cream.
It seems whether or not I breath with my hands and feet is completely irrelevant hahahaha

edit on 1-3-2011 by Fenix777 because: ETA

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Oh dear, then you two really shouldn't watch the movie 'mirrors'.

EDIT: Funny how we seem to have so many little quirks. Except my hubby, according to him anyway, he recons he's not creeped out by anything, but I think I might just know him better than he does
The other night he woke up all freaked out, nightmare about ghosts
Next morning he doesn't remember squat and he vehemently denies he gets creeped out by the thought of ghosts
Men! go figure.

Just saw another post of yours, the eyes thing (I'm playing catching up on this thread
My husky, has two different colored eyes, one blue and one brown, I think it's beautiful, but it does sometimes feel like she can look right through you.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Dustdevil? that's like these whirlywinds right? a small one though? I've had that, only it became my size (gr 4, so it was many moons ago). The other thing with mine, is it actually picked me up, about as high as an adult person (feet would be where there head would be) and just then a ball came flying through, just where I was standing (that ball would have hit me on the head). We were on the rugby-field at the time, break time at school, everybody saw it. After that I got labeled as weird, but luckily I didn't stay in that school for very long. It only happened that one time though. After the ball went through, the whirlwind dropped me, I remember sitting there thinking "may that never ever happen again" It scared me half to death.

What do you suppose it is when whirlywinds do this? Any ideas?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Fenix777

Yeah, that's another one... eyes. I'm not a fan of slasher movies in general, but it's worst when something happens to people's eyes, for some reason. Decades ago, I saw that old movie with Ray Milland, "The Man with the X-Ray Eyes" -- it gave me nightmares for weeks. In the movie, he's a scientist who develops eye drops that make him see through people's clothes and skin; he's experimenting on himself, but at some point it gets out of control and he can't see normally anymore and has to wear dark glasses all the time. His eyes start changing, too, in a really creepy way. At the end of the movie, he drives around aimlessly and comes across a chapel where, when he enters, the preacher says, "And if your right eyes looks to sin, tear it out!" So he takes off his glasses and rips both of his eyes out. I haven't been able to watch that movie a second time, I'm tellin' ya.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Oh my word, I don't blame you, ugh! I wouldn't be able to watch that twice either. You know what other movie I could never watch twice either, 'the fly'. Do you remember that? Not out of fear, but because it was so gross. I don't like gore. I like ghost stories and such, but I really don't appreciate the new age gory movies. It's like these days, they think the more gore they add to the movie, the better it is.

Oh and that alien thing from alien vs predator that sucks on to your face *scream*. And Freddie gave me the creeps for years, my son, on the other hand, thinks it's a comedy, well compared to movies being made these days, I guess it is, but to me then, and still, the thought of something from your dreams being able to do that *shiver*. Luckily it's just a movie, and i think that's why I like horror, because it's so unrealistic, I think the horrors happening in real life is bad enough, when I watch a movie, I prefer it so far from reality, so that I can deal with it. Movies based on real life, now THAT scares the hell out of me. Saw for instance or ... what was that other one ... silence of the lambs! There really are people out there capable of doing that, and THAT scares me beyond belief! These police things, there's one here in SA, true police crimes or something like that, I CAN NOT WATCH THAT, I watched one episode once, and I still have nightmares about it, same goes for the news lol, I avoid it like the plague.

There was another movie years ago, based on something that allegedly really happened, and this movie shook me to the core, and I tend to avoid even mentioning it. THE ENTITY. My step daughter once asked me what movie have a watched that really scared me, I never told her, I couldn't bring myself to tell her the name of the movie, I only told her what it was about.

EDIT: Sorry if my reply is more about scary movies than what creeps us out, but it does sort of tie in with the thread theme, because it's about movies that's creeped me out.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fenix777
reply to post by sylvie

Oh my word, I don't blame you, ugh! I wouldn't be able to watch that twice either. You know what other movie I could never watch twice either, 'the fly'. Do you remember that?

Yeah, especially the scene where he "dissolves" the hand of the guy with his fly spit. Yuk.

I don't like gore. I like ghost stories and such, but I really don't appreciate the new age gory movies. It's like these days, they think the more gore they add to the movie, the better it is.

Same here. I love scary ghost stories -- although some of them remind me a lot of what I experienced in real life and make me a bit queasy. I can't watch slasher movies or those where people are tortured; made the huge mistake to watch "Hostel" once; that was it for me. Also, I have a hard time now watching movies where the evil babysitter or step parents do something to the kids or their parents, and where this evil builds up slowly throughout the movie.

One of the grossest books I've ever read was (don't remember title and author) where a widow with her 3 kids goes back to live with her wealthy parents, but she never told them she had kids with the man they didn't approve of, so she hides them in the attic, saying that she'll tell her parents and then come and get them. Over time, though, she falls back into her old lifestyle and forgets all about her kids, who are imprisoned in the attic. And when she meets a new man (who also doesn't know she has kids), she plots to kill them to get rid of them. It's written from the perspective of the kids and is absolutely horrendous; I had a hard time getting through that book and never read another one by this author.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Watching this movie called "Jennifer" creeped me the hell out. 5 of my buddies were with me at my place and we were sooo disturbed that we turned it off, which never happens.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join