It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to climb down from that tree...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Hello and greetings from Norway.
Long time lurker, first time poster here. Thought it was just about time to become just a little more active here now. Been following this site for many years now and just now created an account... The quality in general on this site I must admit I feel is on a decline, but occasionally I still find that one intriguing thread. My main interest is in the aliens & UFO forum and survival forum. I got in to the whole conspiracy thing after 911 like so many others, but I have always felt that it is so much more to this world and universe than we know today and that the governments tell us. I wont get into all my theories and what I think of everything but I consider my self to be an adventurous realist with a open mind...Or something... I am currently finishing my degree in history and plan to leave and "take an Alexander Supertramp" (from the movie/book Into the wild.) in September. My plan to leave I hope to open a thread about when I have reached 20 post, so stay tuned.
I guess that's it for now. I really should get back to my thesis on the us-mexican war and manifest destiny anyways...

PS: Wow... Just realized that I somehow managed to forget to tell about my sighting, in lack of better words. The final tip of the iceberg so to say, to why I`m convinced about the idea of aliens... But I don`t have any proofs, I cant give you more than words. But if some of you would like to hear it I will gladly tell my "UFO-sighting story".

edit on 4/2/11 by MaxWilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hi Mr MaxWilliam,

I think most of us are influenced to believe what we are required too, in fact most of that influence is either reward or punishement, wether that punishment is riddicule or being given the cold shoulder. We are so boxed in by our ways - it isnt a bad thing - but some people do not wish to step out side the sphere of understanding and validate all things from within there own box at worst they dismiss everything else.

For example there are areas of knowledge that you may consider; inaccurate or incorrect. As humans we tend to validate the accuracy or highlight the errors - it would be better to say to yourself I will think outside of my box and to do so would embrace a new set of ideas, ideas that are perhaps more accurate than the popular theorys.

And so here we are with all sorts of unwanted influence, it’s everywhere and sometimes we forget this, so often do we not spend time in a quiet retreat to ask ourselves the important questions without much else influencing our decisions, that we can honestly say, this was my idea or this is what i did. For someone to be a pioneer of such subjects, in ways they need to have that well balanced, informative and strong will. Whilst the peace that occurs from discovering the truth is with you, its nice to bring others into that sense of wonder too.

lets here your story

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Welcome fellow Norwegian, enjoy your stay

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxWilliam

Hi MaxWilliam, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies so far. I`m a little uncertain on whether I should post the UFO story here or just wait until I can make a new thread about it... So admins, sorry if this is wrong, and feel free to move it around...Anyways...

It was back in 2006 about this time of the year. More exactly 19th January 2006. I was walking towards the grocery store to do some shopping at the afternoon around 19 o`clock. It was just like any other day. But suddenly that changed. I was walking on the side of a road when it happened. I saw a light up in the sky on the other side of town(small town). In a straight airline it must have been a couple of kilometers away from where I was standing. I know this sounds totally cliche and like taken out of any other UFO story, but the shape was...well, disc shaped.. It is surprisingly hard to describe the color of the actual light, but something like blue-yellow-ish. Some times it was blinking slowly, other times it was clear and stable. The light, or object if you may, was at first just hoovering in air and pulsating. Then the color would change a bit, from a darker one to a bit lighter. Then it started going up and down in the air not moving that much in distance but in altitude. First I just took it as a normal street light, or a distant car or plane as a eventually realized it was up in the sky. But when it started to move, it took my breath away. The feeling I got from just standing there and watching was amazing. I have never felt anything like the feeling I had for those few minutes. I remember thinking "This cant be an actual...can it? Is this real?" In a way I felt not only that the object was a real flying object but almost like the object itself was "alive" or at least transmitting some sort of energy. As much as I watch the object, I also felt the object, or whatever was inside it, was watching me right back. And we both knew it... It`s difficult to describe this whole incident in words, but whatever it was it made me feel things I have never felt before or after. And the way the object moved was unlike any other thing I know on this earth. Eventually it stopped going up and down the same spot, it went down in latitude once more and then it took a long turn while it accelerated in an incredible speed and movement without making any sounds at all(!) and then it was gone. After a little while I started walking towards the grocery store to buy some food as I was supposed to, forgetting just about every item I was suppose to buy... And when I came back to the area where I saw the object after I was done shopping, must have been around 20 minutes later, it was two airplanes in the air. And this was actual human planes with the normal lights and sounds and everything. Only that these airplanes was circulating certain areas in the sky. One of the planes was circulating pretty much the exact area where I saw the object about 20 minutes earlier while the other one was circulating another area. They both went back and forth and around and around, like they were looking for something. This is the part that got me totally convinced that I did in fact witness something out of the ordinary. Why would two airplanes circulate and seeking areas like that? And the way the object I saw made me feel when I looked at it, and the way it moved makes me believe that I did actually see some unexplained thing. Maybe a alien ship... What do you think?

I`m including a drawing of the incident just in case anyone actually cares a little. :p It was done in ms paint, and YES I suck at drawing...But hopefully it can give you a little picture of what I tried to explain.
Here is the link: img121.imageshack.us...

top topics

join