It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Polar Shifts Causing Massive Global Superstorms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

www.salem-news.com

NASA has been warning about it…scientific papers have been written about it…geologists have seen its traces in rock strata and ice core samples…
Now "it" is here: an unstoppable magnetic pole shift that has sped up and is causing life-threatening havoc with the world's weather.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Salem News Website has posted an article on the pole shift at Feb-04-2011 00:50

Not sure if its a good news site or not.
Interesting though...

Yet Yasi may only be a foretaste of future superstorms. Some climate researchers, monitoring the rapidly shifting magnetic field, are predicting superstorms in the future with winds as high as 300 to 400mph.

Think its time to prepare??

www.salem-news.com
edit on 4-2-2011 by CitizenNum287119327 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
*IF* there were winds of that speed, I best convert my house into a hole in the ground

Alot of these things pop up though, usually it's not so bad as they make it out to be, it never materialises.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

www.salem-news.com

NASA has been warning about it…scientific papers have been written about it…geologists have seen its traces in rock strata and ice core samples…
Now "it" is here: an unstoppable magnetic pole shift that has sped up and is causing life-threatening havoc with the world's weather.

There have been lots of other super storms throughout history...
...were they due to pole shifts too?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
What's disturbing is the fact is that the article points out that the Earth's wobble stopped back in 2006 and this didn't seem to get much traction in the press.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Strange this is the first time I've ever heard of the magnetic field driving storms on earth. I guess it kinda makes sense as most violent weather comes down to positive and negative charges. I'm going to have to do some digging on this one, no real source on that article to state why they think the polar shift will cause storms.

Anyone care to explain that? It is rather interesting.

Also:

The effect causes the Earth's poles to move in an irregular circle of 3 to 15 meters in diameter in an oscillation. The Earth's Wobble has a 7-year cycle which produces two extremes, a small spiraling wobble circle and a large spiraling wobble circle, about 3.5 years apart.

It's a 7 year cycle, so I'd be interested in finding out where they pulled that information from. Sadly, I'm calling bunk on that article, the article assumes we are heading into a new ice age and quotes facts to help persuade you it's happening, but I can't seem to verify any of it.

And do you all recall last month people going crazy over the zodiac sings changing? That's a result of the earth's wobble, and for it to affect the zodiac signs, I'm guessing it's still in effect.
edit on 4-2-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
From the article:

Superstorms can also cause certain societies, cultures or whole countries to collapse. Others may go to war with each other

I think from this single heading we can make a few assumptions on the validity of the article.
I was quite curious to find out what "certain" societal collapses and wars Mr. Aym thinks were caused by "Superstorms"; however the article doesn't just fail to back up the claim with citations or references, it doesn't even try to.
Yes, a single storm could wipe out the crops of an entire country, I think this occurred in North Korea (which was ONE of the causes of the famine from which they have recently emerged); but had North Korea been able to trade freely such starvation would probably not have happened.

This article is just scaremongering sensationalism.

If the magnetosphere disappears, my immediate concern would be not be terrestrial weather, it would be the radiation burning me alive.

Of course hypothetically a single massive global-superstorm could peel off the crust of the planet and we'd all be screwed. Hypothetically, Cthullu might beat them to it.
edit on 4-2-2011 by myster0 because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Reading the article states:

In the scientific paper "Midday magnetopause shifts earthward of geosynchronous orbit during geomagnetic superstorms with Dst = -300 nT" the magnetic intensity of solar storms impacting Earth can intensify the effects of the polar shift and also speed up the frequency of the emerging superstorms.

I would say other events within the climate and environment cause superstorms as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Does this guy who wrote the article in that Tabloid even know what the heck he's talking about? Pole 'reversal'? It’s important to distinguish a geomagnetic reversal from the idea of a polar shift, as the two are often confused. In a polar shift, the axis of the earth actually moves dramatically and/or the rotation of the earth reverses. A polar shift would be truly catastrophic, but happens exceedingly rarely, most likely as the result of a major collision of a planet with another planet-sized object.

So all this talk of so called super storms being the result of a pole switch/polar shift is hum bug!

Geomagnetic reversals are much more common and are believed to occur on the average once every 500,000 years. According to available evidence, the last one, which occurred about 780,000 years ago, did not result in widespread destruction of life on earth or interfere with the evolution of human beings.

Presently the field strength of the earth’s magnetic field is still measured to be slightly above average compared to the norm over the past million years. There is not one shred of scientific evidence that it’s likely to decline to a point where a geomagnetic reversal could occur in the near future. Given the infrequency of the event, it’s unlikely in our lifetimes.

In other words the article in that tabloid reeks of sensationalism!
But then, that's what Tabloids are meant to do!

edit on 4-2-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Also:

The effect causes the Earth's poles to move in an irregular circle of 3 to 15 meters in diameter in an oscillation. The Earth's Wobble has a 7-year cycle which produces two extremes, a small spiraling wobble circle and a large spiraling wobble circle, about 3.5 years apart.

It's a 7 year cycle, so I'd be interested in finding out where they pulled that information from. Sadly, I'm calling bunk on that article, the article assumes we are heading into a new ice age and quotes facts to help persuade you it's happening, but I can't seem to verify any of it.

Again, From the article:

"The Chandler wobble was first discovered back in 1891 by Seth Carlo Chandler an American astronomer.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

i was a big beleiver in the mag. pole shift , but then you brought up the four letter word NASA.

thanks,i don't beleive anymore.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I think you will find that people are talking about the magnetic pole shift effecting climate/weather.

most would not assume the arctic and antarctic are swapping.
at least i hope not.

after all, the article is titled:

"Magnetic Polar Shifts Causing Massive Global Superstorms"

edit on 4-2-2011 by CitizenNum287119327 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by the2people

the article mentioned NASA,
I didn't

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

No one mentioned a Geographical pole shift, a GEOMAGNETIC shift was refferenced.
Terminology is so important with articles and situations of this nature, that getting them confused must be immediately reported.
Please ammend your statement.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I have a theory. I am just thinking out loud so don't kill me.

For the sake of my theory, lets say it is true that a magnetic polar shift is occurring and it is influencing the weather. What if "they" have known a magnetic polar shift was coming and would cause a dramatic change in the weather, and instead of telling us the truth that it would be caused by a magnetic polar shift, "they" planted the seed ahead of time that it would be a result of Global Warming, so that when "they" were correct about the change in weather, the people would believe it was a result of Global Warming and would blindly accept their solutions to the perceived problem?

Obviously the whole Global Warming thing fell on it's face, but that is beside the point. I am simply theorizing what the original intent was. Possible, yes?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

The last one occurred about 700, 000 years ago, so we are certainly overdue. People have to realize that this is indeed going to take place; it has to happen to some generation, so why be so ignorant to assume it can't happen to your own? The amount of scientific evidence that suggest this well happen (and is happening) exceeds the scientific data to say that it won't (or isn't).

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Nope, this coldest winter in almost 100 years is the fault of global warmin... Al Gore said so.

And Al Gore was sent to us from another planet to save us from destroying ourselves.

How do I know this you ask??

He was born exactly 9 months after Roswell.

el Oh el

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

WEll if people could raise money in their neighborhoods and communities, and bypass the governments irresponsibility towards the people, or if individuals who can afford it begin to build these geodesic domes, we would stand a chance to weather the super storms headed our way.

I personally cannot afford one at this time but it is high on my priority list if i win the lottery or my business takes off.

Monolithic Domes have real strength. They can withstand the force of a tornado, hurricane or earthquake. They cannot burn, rot or be eaten by bugs. Their lifespan is measured in centuries. Hence they do not need to be replaced.

In the article, "FEMA - Design and Construction for Community Shelters and Its Application to Domes," Dr. Arnold Wilson, a prominent engineer and pioneer in thin-shell technology, said, "After reviewing the FEMA requirements for a structure capable of providing a safe shelter for people in areas where hurricanes and tornados represent a real danger, the Monolithic Dome, because of its very nature, heads the list for economy and strength to resist the extreme loads. The reinforced, concrete, double-curve surface of a dome is extremely aerodynamic. Domes have been designed to resist winds of 400 mph. Because of the egg-shaped surface the extreme winds can be resisted usually with only minor increases in materials and labor. Conventional buildings have walls connected to foundations and to roofs with specially designed connectors while a Monolithic Dome is continuously attached throughout with steel reinforcement greatly in excess of that required to resist extreme wind forces. Therefore, the Dome solves the safety issue by utilizing the entire structure to provide "near-absolute" protection."

Enjoy:
www.southindustries.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

There is some evidence that this has happened. Here is an article that explains what happened in 2006.
www.michaelmandeville.com...

His date comes from here:
www.iers.org...

and here
data.iers.org...

The last link shows that the wobble went one way and then another during the last part of Jan. 2010.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join