It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government Manual On Handling UFOs (full chapter reading)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Libertygal

that law has been repealed - so talking about it now = irrelevant fear mongering

Seems I stated in my post it was repealed. And?

It does not refute the fact that the law was there for some time, does it?

Since when is discussing a repealed law that was printed in a Disaster Manual fear mongering? lol

Discussing this tipe of issue (ufo) is fear mongering to manny people here

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Back to the Manual.

First, it's not a government manual. That's misleading. It was published by Pennwell Press, a small publisher in Tulsa, Oklahoma. They concentrate on fire engineering and also petroleum, energy, wastewater treatment, and a series of dental books. The publishers sell their stuff to local fire departments. If they sold "The Joy of Cooking" to a fire department, would that make it a government cookbook? (Fire houses have kitchens. Fire fighters like to cook. It's part of the job.)

Second, the UFO chapter can only be described as amateurish. It takes information and drawings from the fifties and sixties and throws them into a quick chapter. It's an easy read. I'll bet the authors read a fifties Frank Edwards book, maybe Hynek's "UFO Experience," threw in a quick chapter and called it a day. You'd probably get more information from watching "Close Encounters of the Third Kind."

So I'm not seeing this thing as particularly revelationary. In fact, the authors ought to be embarrassed about the quality of work they did on this chapter. It certainly is not indicative of anything else or any secret projects, and it has absolutely nothing to do with "The Government."

new topics

<< 1   >>

join