It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government Manual On Handling UFOs (full chapter reading)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Whether you've heard about chapter 13 of FEMA's Fire Officer's Guide to Disaster Control or not, many both within the government and on the outside looking in have voiced concern over this infamous chapter dealing with the response for alien invasion and the handling of extraterrestrial materials. But whether the manual is simply preparing -as many firefighters and emergency service men and women do- for the unthinkable, or the book is evidence of a deeper conspiracy, it makes for a fascinating and often troubling read.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db1087570574.jpg[/atsimg]

The chapter outlines not only the possibility of an alien craft landing and/or attacking an area, but also cites many cases in which these attacks have taken place. Keep in mind, this is an official training manual. And while the text doesn't attempt to prove or disprove the phenomena of extraterrestrial visitation, it does go on to say that documentation of potentially dangerous encounters with unknown entities from the stars is something that should be addressed even if the phenomenon cannot or will not be proven at first. It even goes into the subject of why any world government would find it necessary to cover up the presence of extraterrestrials. It suggests that in addition to the potential panic such a formal announcement could cause, it would mean that the investigation of extraterrestrials by the US would be impeded by other world powers and if the existence of aliens officially remained secret, there would be no need to share any top secret alien technology it may uncover.

Judging from the material listed in the chapter it's clear that the authors were well versed in the field of UFOlogy and cited many cases that more casual enthusiasts might have overlooked. But the interesting thing is the focus it places on very few technologies and how to deal with them.

In addition to the psychological aspect of such an attack, the chapter is actually fairly direct and candid, though it spends a significant portion of that chapter defending why speculation over an extraterrestrial threat is valid in a field manual for disaster responders such as fire officials. This validation eventually makes some compelling points that could be expanded.

Often when Chapter 13 of this book is dealt with in the media the fact that the author cited his reasons for including it in the book is never mentioned. In fact, the book itself has been used repeatedly as proof of a government cover-up, when it actually provides an opportunity to suggest a far more compelling and often overlooked principle. If the UFO phenomenon was a very real but unconfirmed threat, how would we prepare for it? How would the word get out so firefighters were trained to deal with a scenario like this? Most scenarios that firefighters deal with have a great deal of training attached to them not only when it comes to the technical aspect of rescue, but the psychological aspect as well. Are there other fields -much like the UFO phenomenon- that deal with the same types of uncertainty and fear that rescue officials might benefit from becoming familiar with when technology is changing so much and the Earth itself seems to be under an eminent and immense change?

Source

Here you can read the full chapter:

CHAPTER 13: ENEMY ATTACK AND UFO POTENTIAL

How many other books of this type have a chapter concerning how to deal with a UFO crash? Seriously, Chapter 13 is entitled "Enemy Attack and UFO Potential." When a completely serious book like this has a chapter about dealing with UFOs (and one of the authors claims to have seen one), you just have to wonder...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Russo, you and I must have ESP as I was just a bout to post this yesterday for all to read! I have read this manual and it is obvious that this information is very serious and not made as a joke. It makes you wonder why the government and fire fighters would even waste their time (and money) writing and publishing this information if it was not a very real possibility.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

edit on 4/2/11 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Are there any firefighters here who have heard about this book or a rumor about the content of this book?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

it is NOT a government manual

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
It is good someone had enough sense to give emergency services a heads up when dealing with possible situations.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

I am a Firefighter in the UK and I will have a look through all of our SOP's

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by RUSSO

Right! It not an official manual. Months ago on ATS there was this same discussioin. I recall some comments that one of the authors made somewhere and were posted. He admitted that it was their views, and they believed them to be true. --I do too, but it is not an official government manual.

However, it could be that was the whole idea, an unofficial "official" manual. We'll never know the truth.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Here is one of my favorite parts, some people are not aware of this law, I suspect:

WARNING

"Near approaches of UFOs can be harmful to human beings. Do not
stand under a UFO that is hovering at low altitude. Do not touch or
attempt to touch a UFO that has landed. In either case the safe thing
to do is to get away from there very quickly and let the military
take over. There is a possibility of radiation danger and there are
known cases where persons have been burned by rays emanating from
UFOs. Don't take chances with UFOs!"

In view of the federal law (cited earlier) empowering NASA's
administrator to impound, without a hearing, anyone who touches a UFO
or its occupants. it would be inadvisable to make personal contact
unless you are willing to submit to NASA's quarantine requirements,
should the law be invoked.

Brings back a lot of memories
I used to read the Usenet Newsgroups, and the alt.alien.visitors was one of my favorites. Made some good, real life friends there, one from Canada was a UFO investigator.

Good times

On October 5, 1982, Dr. Brain T. Clifford of the Pentagon announced at a press conference ("The Star", New York, Oct. 5, 1982) that contact between U.S. citizens and extra-terrestrials or their vehicles is strictly illegal. According to a law already on the books (Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, adopted on July 16, 1969, before the Apollo moon shots), anyone guilty of such contact automatically becomes a wanted criminal to be jailed for one year and fined $5,000. The NASA administrator is empowered to determine with or without a hearing that a person or object has been "extraterrestrially exposed" and impose an indeterminate quarantine under armed guard, which could not be broken even by court order. There is no limit placed on the number of individuals who could thus be arbitrarily quarantined.

The definition of "extraterrestrial exposure" is left entirely up to NASA administrator, who is thus endowed with total dictatorial power to be exercised at his slightest caprice, which is completely contrary to the Constitution.

www.v-j-enterprises.com...
edit on 4-2-2011 by Libertygal because: added ET Law link

Hmm edit to add:

The "Extraterrestrial Exposure" law was removed from the CFR in 1991, NASA having determined that it had "served its purpose" and was "no longer in keeping with current policy," and is no longer in force.

www.alien-ufos.com...

Who knew?
edit on 4-2-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

that law has been repealed - so talking about it now = irrelevant fear mongering

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

that law has been repealed - so talking about it now = irrelevant fear mongering

So irrelevant as your post. fear mongering is avoid the fact of the gov has fear/precaution about UFOs.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

reply to post by RUSSO

Just was used by the government.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Or a fascinating historical record of a very high level of importance attached to being able to control contact and/or disclosure. The law is extreme and denies fundamental human rights so it must have been considered to be very important.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Or a fascinating historical record of a very high level of importance attached to being able to control contact and/or disclosure. The law is extreme and denies fundamental human rights so it must have been considered to be very important.

And it is. Very important. This is proof.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Here's some more threads about the manual

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The search box is your friend ♥

edit on 4-2-2011 by freelance_zenarchist because: ♥

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Seems I stated in my post it was repealed. And?

It does not refute the fact that the law was there for some time, does it?

Since when is discussing a repealed law that was printed in a Disaster Manual fear mongering? lol

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
Since when is discussing a repealed law that was printed in a Disaster Manual fear mongering? lol

No, but it calls into question the veracity of the manual. These guys are quoting a repealed law seemingly unaware that it was repealed. That shows shoddy research and inattention to detail at best. Pointing out that the law was repealed is not in the least irrelvant and is certainly germane to the discussion. If the authors screwed this point up, what else did they say that is not true? It's a red flag that should alert you to the amateurish status of at least this chapter. Some of those sketches are out of the fifties and sixties. It's as if these guys read a couple of UFO books and have then styled themselves as some sort of experts on the subject.

I don't think this manual is much to get excited above, and has been pointed out, it has been discussed numerous times before.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Seems I stated in my post it was repealed. And?

It does not refute the fact that the law was there for some time, does it?

The poster has to be true to their name, or break the username conspiracy code of conduct

edit on 4/2/11 by Pimander because: corrct emoticon

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I think this manual is a bit older. I think the law may have been in effect when it was written?

Anyone have the Copyright info on the manual?

Ok here is when the message was posted to Usenet:

Ah here we go, from the link in the OP:

Newsgroups: alt.alien.visitors,alt.paranet.ufo
Subject: Fire Fighter's Guide & UFOs, and 1942 UFO Attack
(was: Re: Government admits UFO's are real)
Followup-To: alt.alien.visitors
Summary: Don't misundertand the _reason_ for the chapter
Keywords: UFO, Fire Fighter, 1942, Attack
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 11:24:55 GMT

The Second Edition was published:

Overview - Fire Officer's Guide to Disaster Control
Product Details
Pub. Date: June 1992
Publisher: Fire Engineering Books & Videos
Sales Rank: 586,417
ISBN-13: 9780912212265
ISBN: 0912212268
Edition Description: 2nd ed

Not sure when the First Edition was published, so there could be some discrepancy with the date. Do Second Editions usually undergo a lot of editing changes? No idea here.

Either way, I think it is still interesting it ever was a law. I like the thread.

edit on 4-2-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

reply to post by schuyler

I think this manual is a bit older. I think the law may have been in effect when it was written?

Anyone have the Copyright info on the manual?

Second edition was published in 1992.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join