It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wychbury Hill EVP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I was searching youtube for video's of wychbury hill, when i came across this video of an apparrent ghostly laughter. The people in the video don't seem to notice it at the time. what do you think?

edit on 11/3/08 by NATRAsleep because: Wrong Video Link

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I don't know how to get the video's in a comment sorry

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Copy everything after the = sign so in this case it will be JVauTR0N1zI
Click VID:YOUTUBE button and paste it in there.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
That is way cool, it doesn’t sound evil to me though.

Sounds like giggly happy kids to me.

OOH... ill go and see what stories are told of this place.
Hopefully I’ll be back with some cool info

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
thats creepy. the name of that place and everything reminds me of a place, in china i think, where a lot of people go to commit suicide. it was on that show destination truth on syfy. pretty scary place.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It was once Pagan land. So it’s easy to imagine children playing and chasing each other and having a good fun time.
Paganism

But also it is the site of Bella
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed42c66c3487.jpg[/atsimg]

In 1943, during World War Two, woman's body was discovered inside a wych elm tree in a wood near Wychbury Hill, on the Hagley Hall estate, prompting the intriguing graffiti "Who put Bella in the Wych Elm?". This message has reappeared in a variety of local places at intervals ever since, and as of 1999 the obelisk has borne the message "Who put Bella in the Witch [sic] Elm" (no question mark). The victim was never identified. It has sparked a lot of media interest over the years, featuring on the BBC's Inside Out TV program in the West Midlands.

edit on 4/2/11 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Who Put Bella in the Wych Elm ?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
OOOH we might have a CONSPIRACY here people.

THE GERMAN SPY

Bella in the Wych Elm

Another major theory somewhat less extreme than the witchcraft explanation, and with a little more evidence to support it, emerged ten years after the discovery of the body and came in the form of a letter to the Midlands newspaper The Wolverhampton Express and Star. The letter was sent to the columnist Lt. Col. Wilfred Byford-Jones, who in November, 1953, under the pseudonym ‘Quaestor’ had written a series of articles on the Hagley Wood murder. The mysterious person who sent the letter claimed to have information about the murder and signed herself ‘ANNA, Claverley’. The basis of her story was that in 1941 a spy ring had been operating in the West Midlands, passing on information to the Luftwaffe about the location of munitions factories in the area. The organisation involved a British officer who passed on the information to a Dutch contact, who in turn gave it to a spy, a foreign trapeze artist performing at local theatres, who acted as a channel to the Germans.

So I’m interested to read other members comments on the EVP to see if they think its spooky laughter or just some funny playful kiddie ghosts.

Um OP I’ve totally spammed your thread...Sorry about that.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
If that is EVP of some ghosts they sure are having a good time...
I walk round and about Wychbury Hill quite often, love the place and its history

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I would hazard to suggest the the laughter is coming from some other drunken teenagers on the same hill and the video was possibly taken at Halloween.

A lot of spooky places in the UK are overrun with excitable teens at Halloween

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I live just down the road from Wychbury hill in Bromsgrove! It was also the site of an ancient fort, known as wychbury ring. The area is said to be haunted by a young girl who was murdered there years ago.Possibly
killed in some ritual

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Definitely a strange and creepy place full of mystery. I'm enjoying the links about the place and its history. I must say, however, that the 'laughter' sounds a lot like the spooky coyotes I listen to many evenings. I realize the claim is made that it wasn't heard by the people there, but...

Do they have coyotes there?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

No Coyotes in the UK unfortunately, I wish there were.
We have lots of Foxes that make really creepy screaming sounds, but no wildlife that makes a sound like on the video as far as I know

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hic sunt dracones

Yeah

it's got a real mystical feeling to it.
I go over there to relax.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Hehe. No problem. You've posted some interesting links.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bargoose

I've heard rumors that a girl hung herself in the greek temple on the side of the hill. Most likely not true but it adds to the creepiness of the place.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sounds to me like a Bird doing somesort of mating, or, alarm call. I live near a wooded area here in Canada and frequently hear bird sounds like that. I guess it would depend on the time of year the video was taken, and how it would correlate to the migratory/mating paths of local birds...

Just sayin'.....

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
At 0.12 I hear a distant male voice just before the laughter.
It sound like “happy birthday” can one of you guys Confirm that please .

Do we know for sure if the person who took this EVP did infect hear it or not, I’m just assuming they didn’t or else they wouldn’t have called it an EVP, as an EVP isn’t noticed until the recording has been listened to.

@NATRAsleep and @Hic sunt dracones next time you go there you should take a recorder.

edit on 6/2/11 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
If this is Wychbury hill in Wollescote, my parents grew up there as kids and i know that the place is supposed to be haunted. I knew that of a lady whose head was found in a tree during the war i think it was, can't be sure but i know this place is supposed to be haunted.

new topics

top topics

join