It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my cell phone listening ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
hey guys rarely post but here it goes

today at work i a was just chillen on break and grabed my phone which was in my pocket and found a completly gray screen whith the tex "comand not recognised" and then below that the word "listening" and below that a yes or no option and as soon as i hit the arow key it dissaperd. now its hapend on other time... pretty skechy after i herd about feds being able to listen to our phone whith it not evan calling someone or evan whith the power off
Could it be that the governments cell taping has glichts and thay arent aware this screen shows up??
or is just something that happens to most of you and has simple explanation?
curious-jplaysguitar
edit on 4-2-2011 by jplaysguitar because: qestion mark

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

Wow. I never thought of the mobile phones being used as listening devices for spying. I mean reading someones text message or listening to call is different; but using it like a continuously listening microphone is startling.

I do not what the issue with your phone is. Maybe someone installed some cell phone spying software of some sort and/or there is a problem with your phone's software(s)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Have you had the phone a while? It could be glitches creeping in with age.

'Listening' means it could well be listening out for a network, if your phone provider has poor reception in areas then you may find your phone drops off the network quite alot and instantly starts searching for a signal again.

link   

Eh...you shouldn't worry about it.

It's just that new 'Super Secret Spy Listening Bug App'. Someone obviously added it on your phone. TEXT stop to 21221 so that you don't get charged anymore.

link   

Is your cell phone set for voice activation or dialing? If so, this is your issue. It heard sounds and could not recognize them as valid commands.

Turn that function off and it won't happen again.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cybernetic_dude

It was well known the fbi used them to spy on the mafia in 90's, before all there raids etc...

Mobile phones can be used as weapons too, as radiation obviously is bad for you and there are cases when the ptb will use this technique to destroy a person.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cybernetic_dude

yeah no links but i seen a couple semi decent recorces claiming thay can listen whith the phone off

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

i had it maybe a sixmonths and yes it was in shwag area for service. i joked whit somebuddys saying i dont think id be any fun to "listen" to anyways

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I literally shed a tear with laughter at this!

And still people reply and seriously think the op might be on to something! This had cheered me right up!

Killing someone with a cell phone!?? Bwahahahaha

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

paring my phone listening and the less than covinceing ups man at my door ( we all know thay are just cia conferming my residence) and rioting and protesting over seas my para-anyoning has gone theru the roof just kidd omg jking judygrimes

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

yeah it dose have voice on it its just the the all gray screen looked like a moded program or some stuff

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdeeman

nice i have fun on here to hey nice avi i must say!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdeeman

You have no idea what so ever. It is well known the gbi used the cell phones of the mafia peopel to listen to them.

Also when people go into top secret meetings in usa, they have to leave there cell phones behind, lol. Do you get it, congressmen and women have to leave behind there mobiles if they go into a secret meeting. Thats a fact.

lol, its really a weapon.

Unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Cell phones are easily compromised, even by slightly knowledgeable citizens with modest equipment and skill... This is how the cloned cell phone industry thrives.

The issue here is that listening to cellular conversations doesn't require any modification of the handset, its software or any interaction with the portable device. It simply requires a specific radio set.

The whole point of eavesdropping is to not be noticed.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

yeah most people i know talking about anything sensitive take out the bateries
let the crazy latenight chats begin
a true conspiracy theorist knows evan takeing out your batery wont help becuas ther is secret back up hidden baterys in our phone hahahah you have to take them apart to find out thou

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

yeah technology is geting better i was next to a large warehouse whit bad recption so that could have had something to do whith it

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
If the nsa wanted to know what you are doing, they would not need no mobile. I never use a mobile and i am monitored 24/7.

Like i was nearly run over again yesterday for the countless time recently, but i never told my family, but my family know.

I have no privacy what so ever in life. I have no mobile, so how do they do it?

All these ignorant people saying, oh no there is no monitoring lol. I have had no privacy what so ever in 19 years since school in london. See the above thing, i never told anyone but my family know, as everything i do or in my life is told to my family all the time.

Then you ignorant people come on here saying that they do not monitor people.
edit on 2/4/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Quite harsh Andy, and poor form Sir!

I never said that they don't spy on people. That is their JOB. What I said was that they don't advertise it WHEN they spy. If a person is under surveillance there is very little to no sign of it happening.

The NSA certainly wouldn't light up ones phone with a "WE'RE LISTENING NOW" advert, now would they?

~Heff

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Congress people admit, they do not know why but they are told to leave there mobile outside or secure away from the meeting. They even admitted this on the news from what i saw, something we suspected along time ago.

Its amazing how congress people come on tv and even say it, and people go, oh that cannot be true, we would know, lol.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I did not mean you specifically, i meant for the people who come on here stating that people are not being spied on.

Like i said above, i was nearly knocked over again yesterday and i told no one, but my family know. I have no privacy what so ever in life in london. So how are they monitoring me?

Then people come on here saying there is no such thing, lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join